Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The truth of the matter is that most people who buy HT, and probably specifically new-comers, aren't familiar enough with the predator characters to even realize they're inaccurate.

AVP was released almost ten years ago which means there's currently a generation that have grown up seeing the Scar & other AVP Pred designs before seeing (if indeed they have even seen Predator & Predator 2) the original P1 & P2 designs.

As Blade has just mentioned, this Elder Predator 2.0 is maybe the first Tsang Predator figure to capture that KPH personality that the true Predator connoisseur's crave and appreciate.

Yup, I agree. Notice how many people in the Aliens & Robots section have Wolf names or avatars? :lol

And holy ****, has it really been almost ten years?! :panic:

2014 - 10 = 2004, yup. Jesus.

Yup, I agree. Notice how many people in the Aliens & Robots section have Wolf names or avatars? :lol

My love for Wolf only pops up every now and then in avatar & sig mode.:lol

It is true though. AVP is true Predator to a lot of people.

And yeah, ten years! :panic:

AVP was released almost ten years ago which means there's currently a generation that have grown up seeing the Scar & other AVP Pred designs before seeing (if indeed they have even seen Predator & Predator 2) the original P1 & P2 designs.

As Blade has just mentioned, this Elder Predator 2.0 is maybe the first Tsang Predator figure to capture that KPH personality that the true Predator connoisseur's crave and appreciate.

:lecture:exactly:

I still think avp sucked.
1 was the best, 2 was good but everything after that was a let down to me.
I know its probably just me but I like all the characters looks and disign, story sucked.

P.

I agree that Tsang's sculpts are inaccurate versions of the characters we love but I don't think bashing him endlessly will help or improve his sculpts.

Maybe you could send all the missed details, screenshots, info, or what have you to HT or post them politely on HT's facebook page. It's worth a shot don't you think?

That's just my humble opinion. :)
Moguchiy H & Co cover that part completely. he's as educated in predator details as a-dev is in terminator head :D
sadly i haven't seen anything fixed by their deeds yet, but they don't stop and may be one day it will work... you know, when tsang finds new job :D

You have to give Tsang some credit at least.
he moves in right direction since Scar.
the only big problem with Scar is that in 2013 his armor is even less functional than in 200-something (that damn uniting of all armor pieces into one, though they should move independently) and overall small detail inaccuracy. Scar even lost the famous JT giraffe neck!
i hope this one is even better, though P2 was sculpted and painted a lot cheaper & worse than Classic, for example.

That's about the gist of it. Good, capable sculptor with lots of technical skill. Just bad at accuracy. He could sculpt a turd and make it the best damn turd you've ever seen.
- a new, realistic turd-based turd is announced.
- $345 preorder opened
- hey it's not even an accurate turd
- dunno, looks pretty turdy to me
- let's flood HT facebook with proper turd photos
- OMG review of the turd

Last edited:
a-dev is in terminator head

giphy.gif

''My Figures were in that sleigh when it got hit!!! Hopper's orders were to go in and retrieve my figures and he disappeared.''

Last edited:
All Santa was carrying was crappy sweaters not even a hot toys turbo man doll dx 13 or sideshow Vader...:gah: ALL that hunting 4 nothing.:(

Just cuz someone likes wolf doesn't mean they never saw the original. Like me I saw the first predator when it came out when I was a kid and loved it, wolf is still my favorite tho. Just like most people will say you should like the original alien more then aliens, which i dont. Its all personal preference and like all art is subjective.

Just cuz someone likes wolf doesn't mean they never saw the original. Like me I saw the first predator when it came out when I was a kid and loved it, wolf is still my favorite tho. Just like most people will say you should like the original alien more then aliens, which i dont. Its all personal preference and like all art is subjective.
Except P1 is better than Wolf and Alien is better than Aliens. :lol

Back