Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P.

I agree that Tsang's sculpts are inaccurate versions of the characters we love but I don't think bashing him endlessly will help or improve his sculpts.

Maybe you could send all the missed details, screenshots, info, or what have you to HT or post them politely on HT's facebook page. It's worth a shot don't you think?

That's just my humble opinion. :)

if he's "excellent", why the hell do the "old style" predator armors have deep & straight lines and consist of 5-10 parts each item while Tsang's armor has no single straight line, melted surfaces and consists of 1 piece of crappy plastic?

You have to give Tsang some credit at least. I don't believe if his figure's weren't in some way salvageable that you'd be buying them. The figure on page one, I fully believe you, isn't as accurate as it could easily be, but it still manages to look pretty cool. There's still incredible detail there, and that is why I would at least say he's a great sculptor.

Last edited:
Dilemma averted
Ooookey :lol

IKR? It was awesome and truthful to the original.

Then go and buy more Berserkers and PO more MoS Zods :wink1:
Every man to his taste & why would I need 2 of those :cuckoo:

With the inaccuracy, at least if we see only the head we would know who/what it is, unlike some character they've made *cough*the boss*cough*. HT would more or less tweak it, but not so much as to satisfied all.

P. is telling the truth. HT should hire Kyle Windrix for Predators line. And Tsang must be crucified.

I think the morale of this story is that Kyle over at NECA is a far superior Predator sculptor than Tsang. That's the problem. If we weren't comparing Hot Toys sculpts to a cheap NECA figure I think everyone would feel slightly happier.

Just ordered he look's bad *** not to pick up. I need to pick up scar and celtic and p1 also but I think 2014 will be my predator year. Cant wait to have them all bring on Chopper next!

The best thing to do would be to commission the best predator sculpting artist and painters to make you the most accurate predator ever made with every detail down to the toe nails. Other than that I'm just glad what's being offered is improving with every version.

P. can be a ****** at times, but he's right about Tsang.

Either Tsang doesn't care for the accuracy of the figures, or he simply doesn't realize they're inaccurate.

I buy HT predators knowing they'll have inaccurate Tsang sculpts because there are no other highly detailed 1/6 predator figures in existence.

So yeah, Tsang sucks. And yeah, I'll still buy the figures because there's no other option.

Either Tsang doesn't care for the accuracy of the figures, or he simply doesn't realize they're inaccurate.

I buy HT predators knowing they'll have inaccurate Tsang sculpts because there are no other highly detailed 1/6 predator figures in existence.

So yeah, Tsang sucks. And yeah, I'll still buy the figures because there's no other option.

Hot toys has to okay the sculpt soooooooooooooooo i think you are pointing the figure at the wrong person

dang

now I have to order this

that makes elder, celtic, eric draven, and robocop all on pre-order

R.I.P. bank account

Exactly!
for whats out there these are the best I've seen.
I glad I dont care all that much about accuracy. Its good enough and seems I'll enjoy him more then others that let all that bother them

That's about the gist of it. Good, capable sculptor with lots of technical skill. Just bad at accuracy. He could sculpt a turd and make it the best damn turd you've ever seen.

Having that said, I still maintain that this is the best he's done. It's not an unsalvageable debacle like the City Hunter, not uncomfortably off like Shadow, and while Classic did have a bit of that old-school Predator vibe, it's way superior to him as well. After three figures, he's managed to zero in on a good head shape and, at least for me, capture the spirit of the Predator. That close-up shot of the Elder's head where everyone keeps adjusting the mandibles, he's got that trademark beady-eyed Predator stare that just screams KPH. Given what we've gotten until now (and compared to the awkwardly-proportioned -- and I'm talking about just the head here -- original P2 Elder caricature), I'm almost surprised Tsang was able to put out this sculpt and make it look as good as it does.

Hot toys has to okay the sculpt soooooooooooooooo i think you are pointing the figure at the wrong person
Well, Hot Toys will OK the sculpt until sales take a dramatic drop, which won't happen.

The truth of the matter is that most people who buy HT, and probably specifically new-comers, aren't familiar enough with the predator characters to even realize they're inaccurate.

With human sculpts it's much easier to notice inaccuracies because we, ourselves, are human and are around other humans on a daily basis.

With fantastical creature designs, it's a lot harder to identify whether it's accurate or not and many people simply don't care.

I myself could not immediately point out to you what is inaccurate about a Predator figure, but I will immediately know if it is inaccurate, because I as well as many other fans have seen the movies dozens of times and can almost recognize the various Predator faces as well as human faces.

Just don't buy.;)
Well yeah. :lol I haven't actually bought a HT predator in over three years, but the point is that if you want a high-end collectible Predator figure, there's only one option. They're not accurate, but they're beautiful figures with fantastic detail. You just have to decide whether or not you can live with the inaccuracies.

i never had AVP elder. never put the quills in. do you mean it was dull & difficult? pity because i hoped to use those quills on this new guy.
well i'll try that anyway. just might have to get an extra head in case i spoil the first one ))

Dull and difficult would be an understatement. At least with the AVP Elder, even though we still had to poke in holes, the sculpt had some spots in the sculpt to indicate where the quills should go -- and it was a tedious pain nonetheless. Here you won't have any holes.

I'd get an extra head for sure.

That's about the gist of it. Good, capable sculptor with lots of technical skill. Just bad at accuracy. He could sculpt a turd and make it the best damn turd you've ever seen.

Having that said, I still maintain that this is the best he's done. It's not an unsalvageable debacle like the City Hunter, not uncomfortably off like Shadow, and while Classic did have a bit of that old-school Predator vibe, it's way superior to him as well. After three figures, he's managed to zero in on a good head shape and, at least for me, capture the spirit of the Predator. That close-up shot of the Elder's head where everyone keeps adjusting the mandibles, he's got that trademark beady-eyed Predator stare that just screams KPH. Given what we've gotten until now (and compared to the awkwardly-proportioned -- and I'm talking about just the head here -- original P2 Elder caricature), I'm almost surprised Tsang was able to put out this sculpt and make it look as good as it does.
Yeah, I completely agree.

This is definitely his most accurate Predator so far and the first I've really wanted to purchase in a long time.

Back