Hot Toys - MMS215 - Iron Man 3 - IGOR (MARK XXXVIII) - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoah!.. seeing that vid, emphasises what a massive beast of a figure, Igor is! :rock

Yes, just had my last payment processed and he's shipping soon!

Shipping was $25 though so he must be super heavy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, just had my last payment processed and he's shipping soon!

Shipping was $25 though so he must be super heavy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice congrats! Wonder if this is just a smaller batch that is coming in. I just ordered Thursday but haven't gotten any arrival notification just yet.

Can anybody tell me, roughly, how much EMS shipping costs for this if I order it from AmiAmi.com? I've never ordered from there and can't figure out how to get a shipping estimate. Also, has everyone who's ordered from them had a good experience?

EDIT: on further investigation it looks like AmiAmi can't ship Hot Toys direct to the US anymore, thus costing significantly more and nullifying most of the discount. Is that correct?

Can anybody tell me, roughly, how much EMS shipping costs for this if I order it from AmiAmi.com? I've never ordered from there and can't figure out how to get a shipping estimate. Also, has everyone who's ordered from them had a good experience?

EDIT: on further investigation it looks like AmiAmi can't ship Hot Toys direct to the US anymore, thus costing significantly more and nullifying most of the discount. Is that correct?

I've ordered several Soul of Chogokin robots and a couple Hot Toys figures from Amiami before. They are legit and ship securely. The only bad thing is you only figure out the cost of shipping after the item has shipped (unless their policy has changed).

That being said, is it just me or is Igor unable to get that low hunched over pose that we commonly saw in promo pics? I could be mistaken but I'm wondering if that pose is difficult to achieve like doing Tony's fist pounding pose. I really hope this figure just doesn't stand straight upright unlike the promo pics.

I've ordered several Soul of Chogokin robots and a couple Hot Toys figures from Amiami before. They are legit and ship securely. The only bad thing is you only figure out the cost of shipping after the item has shipped (unless their policy has changed).

That being said, is it just me or is Igor unable to get that low hunched over pose that we commonly saw in promo pics? I could be mistaken but I'm wondering if that pose is difficult to achieve like doing Tony's fist pounding pose. I really hope this figure just doesn't stand straight upright unlike the promo pics.

That's a really good question on the hunch. Based on the pics and videos, it would appear the articulation is there to achieve that but everyone is so concerned with showing how tall he is. So if someone has him in hand and can show a pic of him in a hunch it would be appreciated. :wave

sure it can. actually the articulation is very good considering its such a huge guy.
and the joints are very solid too. sorry for the picture quality, my cellphone camera
has focusing issue and need repairing!

igor hunch.jpg

When the figure was released the difference between the prototype and the in-hand figure was pretty massive. I'd go as far as saying more so than any other figure previously released by HT. I spoke to my usual resellers and many are sitting on a lot of stock currently due to this issue. Many even expect the prices to fall below cost on this one. So i guess it might be a case of not missing something that one never knew existed. Overseas buyers will undoubtedly be very happy with there purchases once they get them. But to those who have seen the prototype i guess they are left a little wanting?

Yeah, to put it mildly. I've had this on pre-order from AmiAmi for what . . . a year?

I generally avoid overpriced shelf hogs like this piece, but I was sold on the fantastic paint apps of the prototype.
I agree with the above observation that Hot Toys has never had such a vast discrepancy between pre-order pics and the finished product.
The weathering detail has dropped by at least sixty percent.

What a disappointment to see the final piece look like a shiny new Tachikoma!

And my price from AmiAmi ($432 shipped) is mighty hard to pass up, given other sellers' prices . . . but my desire to have this suit has plummeted. :violin

___

Can't decide if it would be a good idea to blow my rewards points on this guy, or flex this guy and use the larger points pool toward Hulkbuster

Can't decide if it would be a good idea to blow my rewards points on this guy, or flex this guy and use the larger points pool toward Hulkbuster

Hulkbuster is going to cost more than this figure.. so imho, flex on Igor and use the extra points on Hulkbuster.. just my two cents.

Back