Hot Toys - MMS215 - Iron Man 3 - IGOR (MARK XXXVIII) - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think PPS is the way to go on Hulkbuster, just because that figure shouldn't be super articulated to begin with, especially the legs. But I'm guessing that HT is soured on the PPS line because it never went over well with people. I'd be thrilled with less articulation, to get the price down.

Anyway - I wonder how many people who had PO'd Igor will cancel once they see HB. Not a lot of people out there who have the space for both. And in the latest pic from that toy show that's currently going on, HB is going to be quite a bit larger than Igor.

I think PPS is the way to go on Hulkbuster, just because that figure shouldn't be super articulated to begin with, especially the legs. But I'm guessing that HT is soured on the PPS line because it never went over well with people. I'd be thrilled with less articulation, to get the price down.

Anyway - I wonder how many people who had PO'd Igor will cancel once they see HB. Not a lot of people out there who have the space for both. And in the latest pic from that toy show that's currently going on, HB is going to be quite a bit larger than Igor.

it seems pretty nimble in the trailer.....

I agree about the PPS line though, I don't think Hot Toys has much faith in that line anymore.. but ehh you never know :dunno

I'm keeping my Igor PO. Hulkbuster is probably at least a year off from being in-hand anyway--though I suppose we'll find out soon the cost and expected delivery date. PPO wouldn't turn me off getting HB. The cost is going to be crazy and I'm not expecting to be putting him in crazy poses.

Or HT could severely limit the figure's articulation, so that it's in essence a PP, but still call it an MMS. Just sayin'. ;)

I'm glad that although this one was pretty expensive, it was still affordable. It gives me hope that the Hulkbuster suit could be decently priced too (well fingers crossed anyway). :)

I'm glad that although this one was pretty expensive, it was still affordable. It gives me hope that the Hulkbuster suit could be decently priced too (well fingers crossed anyway). :)

Depends on what decent means to you I suppose. The hulkbuster armor is going to require significantly more tooling and engineering then igor. Igor is a pretty straight forward armor, streamlined mostly, except the rear spine. HB has more in cuts and angles and bends and curves, which means the molds and tool/die stuff needs to be broken up more, which costs more to both engineer and make, as well as assembly time and paint. I would estimate based on projects I've done that HB would be 2-5 times as much to produce initially. Then the average figure to figure would be 1.5-3 times as much in costs. That's production costs not overall cost to the consumer.

So I don't see HB being any less then 25% more then igor, but would expect 35-50% more. The production on the HB is a nightmare. I still can't believe they are doing one.

Depends on what decent means to you I suppose. The hulkbuster armor is going to require significantly more tooling and engineering then igor. Igor is a pretty straight forward armor, streamlined mostly, except the rear spine. HB has more in cuts and angles and bends and curves, which means the molds and tool/die stuff needs to be broken up more, which costs more to both engineer and make, as well as assembly time and paint. I would estimate based on projects I've done that HB would be 2-5 times as much to produce initially. Then the average figure to figure would be 1.5-3 times as much in costs. That's production costs not overall cost to the consumer.

So I don't see HB being any less then 25% more then igor, but would expect 35-50% more. The production on the HB is a nightmare. I still can't believe they are doing one.

That sounds pretty fair to me, initially I was hoping for no higher than $699.99 but after seeing it I was more hoping that if I'm lucky it'll be no more than $800.00..., if Igor is the reference though then a $750.00 rough estimate sounds pretty good to me, I'm lucky in that my dad out of the blue said he'd buy me Hulkbuster after I showed him the Toy Soul pictures of it & whilst I'm thrilled about it, at the same time I don't want it costing him a fortune as I'll feel guilty..., we shall see though I guess. I'll be well impressed if your calculations are correct & thanks for taking the time to put it into prospective for me, appreciate it. :)

Why do they use rubber anyway? I'm less than impressed after finding this out, it just seems like a dumb thing to be using. :(

U can see it is rubber form YankeesFanboy's video. I hope this one is not final product. :pray:

its not rubber...

its a PVC and it will be fine, Blue doesnt fade like red, keep it out of the sunlight

its not rubber...

its a PVC and it will be fine, Blue doesnt fade like red, keep it out of the sunlight

This is rubber .

wtfrubber.jpg

Back