Hot Toys - MMS215 - Iron Man 3 - IGOR (MARK XXXVIII) - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know restaurants have high operating margins, so, going by yourlogic, the next time the cashier at McDonald's ask that you pay $2.19 for your order of 1 large fries, tell them that's absurd because those fries cost barely a dollar to make.

The only "reasonable" price you pay (which by your logic should be around the costs of manufacture) for a consumer good is if you make your stuff yourself. So, here's wishing you good luck manufacturing your own collectibles, planting your own vegetables, manufacturing your own pens, pencils, clothes, and I guess any consumer good you could think of. :lol

$2.19 is a fair price for 1 large fries, but if they start charging $20 then that would be different story. Understand where I'm coming from now? Thanks I'm done!

If only Igor came in red...though the blue is a nice break from all those red and gold armors haha

Just :pray: that HT does not make a limited $650 special edition.

Somehow I think I'd bite.

I think its not impossible Igor might get a 'Special' version rolled out in 2015, at one of the conventions. particularly if its a slow seller.. not sure I want XL 'pink panties' though!
:)

Trying to think of a color scheme that might entice me to buy a different colorway Igor.. perhaps 'Caterpillar / JCB' yellow?
Midas is effectively a colorway and appears to be selling well, although I still can't make up my mind on that figure.. some pics look stunning.. others not so much.. mainly because I'm not sure about the 'two tone' gold effect..so for me, it works best under bright lighting but that is just personal taste.

$2.19 is a fair price for 1 large fries, but if they start charging $20 then that would be different story. Understand where I'm coming from now? Thanks I'm done!

Sayonara :wave:wave:wave

I think its not impossible Igor might get a 'Special' version rolled out in 2015, at one of the conventions. particularly if its a slow seller.. not sure I want XL 'pink panties' though!

Trying to think of a color scheme that might entice me to buy a different colorway Igor.. perhaps 'Caterpillar / JCB' yellow?
Midas is effectively a colorway and appears to be selling well, although I still can't make up my mind on that figure.. some pics look stunning.. others not so much.. mainly because I'm not sure about the 'two tone' gold effect..so for me, it works best under bright lighting but that is just personal taste.

Yea considering how popular the Midas is with the collector base, I wouldn't put it past HT to make a recolored Igor for a con exclusive...though that will definitely set a precedent for large con-exclusive items! :panic:

Wonder how many of those the scalpers would snag in that case :rotfl since it's gonna cost them more

Maybe this one will end up with light blue briefs. :lol

Just wondering, does anyone here know any figure stands that could be used to support Igor, or hulk or iron monger for that matter? Just thinking that if I were to invest that much $$ in Igor, I wouldn't want to damage it because of it falling over...

Just wondering, does anyone here know any figure stands that could be used to support Igor, or hulk or iron monger for that matter? Just thinking that if I were to invest that much $$ in Igor, I wouldn't want to damage it because of it falling over...

If HT do not provide a stand, didn't Neca announce they were going to release a 1/4 figure stand soon, which might work for this as well?.. I know I need one for my Balrog.
:pray:

If they charged $350 they will still make a HUGE profit!

Bravo! Please share your detailed cost analysis, and please provide hard data to back up your factual assertion!

But nooooooo they are greedy and want more because they know people like you will buy.

Wow, you're (supposedly) in the wholesale business, and just figured this out? Newsflash, for-profit companies are always walking the fine line when pricing products or services - maximizing revenue but pricing at levels that the market will bear. In fact, the management of a company has a fiduciary duty to act in the best interests of the company and its equity holders - if that means raising prices (without alienating the customer base), then so be it.

Will HT one day price it self out of the market? Perhaps, but they seem to be doing well, and its releases seem to regularly sell out. Is it "fair" to certain collectors who can't or are unwilling to pay the higher prices? No, but that's just life.

Back to the figure - still undecided on this one - just don't have enough space for these larger releases. It is a thing of beauty...

Hey guys,

what's going on here? :wave

Let's talk about the figure and not fight about things we all don't know for sure.
Of course it's okay to say if one thinks it's to expensive or if it's not and of course we can discuss production and license costs, number of items they make and things like that, but imo nobody should fight and argue about that, as I think we can all agree, that we all don't really now the values.

Imo the figure looks great, think there's no doubt about it, but I'm not sure yet if I can justy spending that amount on it.
picture.php

The is an amazing looking figure.

But given the fact that it has a few seconds of screen time and it's no major character, makes it a no purchase. Also, not being an Iron Man completionist, is another reason why I won't get this figure (also it's pricey, and quite large).

It will be interesting to see how well this figure sells though, as with all HT it will sell out eventually. But unless they are producing a lower quantity than the other armors, I see it being available at SS even after it is released in late 2014.

Again, it's an amazing looking figure, it's a great design and HT nailed it. But this figure is for a niche market.

It's way too overpriced! How they can justified being more expensive than Iron Monger,Tumbler and 1/4 Bats and almost double the Hulk price??

It's ridiculous.:horror

Back