Hot Toys - MMS212 - IRON MAN 3 - HEARTBREAKER (MARK XVII)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if HB's arms fit onto Red Snapper? Anyone tried this?

I can try this right now one sec...

Edit: so they kinda fit??? Not really they ball joint in HB's arm is to small but it does look interesting
56348917ef011eb8e3452b20062062c9.jpg

Bransen, thanks for doing that. So the ball joint doesnt really secure itself in red snappers shoulder? It looks good!

I don't have my heartbreaker yet and wanted to try this too. That actually looks pretty good IMO! In thought, I figured it would look somewhat like peacemaker. HB's arms actually looks bulky enough to work on this figure.

Your welcome guys!

Bransen, thanks for doing that. So the ball joint doesnt really secure itself in red snappers shoulder? It looks good!

I don't have my heartbreaker yet and wanted to try this too. That actually looks pretty good IMO! In thought, I figured it would look somewhat like peacemaker. HB's arms actually looks bulky enough to work on this figure.

And yeah, the ball joint is a few mm to small in diameter to fit snug into it, if you try to do a repulsor blast pose it'll come crashing down. I'm sure an easy mod can be done to make it thicker and You would have a nice looking heart snapper :lol

Received mine today and found visible scratches on both side of the shoulder plate.
From my inspection this is caused by the packing plastic cover contacting the armor. And there's no other protection sheet or other stuff between the 2 piece like most of other hot toys iron mans. So this will happen if you live in east coast cause the shipping taking longer and any vibration during shipping might result a scratch.

Inspect you iron man see if you have the same issue. I already contact sideshow for a replacement.
View attachment 149218View attachment 149219View attachment 149220View attachment 149221

So SS customerservice reply me today about this scratch issue:

"Thank you very much for your inquiry. Unfortunately, after examining your pictures, we do not believe we would be able to provide you a replacement Hot Toys Heartbreaker that would be a significant improvement. Please know that these are all hand-crafted pieces, and there will be small inconsistencies on the armor of every piece if you look close enough.

If you would like, we can send you a free customer care kit. This kit includes handy tools to help you keep your collectibles clean and protected, including 1/6 Scale and Premium Format pieces.

If you are not satisfied with your item, you may choose to return the item for a refund."

Looks like, they believe these Hign-end toy will get stratch and it's none of their business, you will not get exchange only get some free "care kit" or sent it back for refund, pretty disappointed about it and will sent it back for a full refund.

Perhaps you shouldn't have called it a scratch as that doesn't seem to really describe what I think you are referring to in your photos. What I see are paint rubs on the grey straps of the armor. A scratch is a different thing and if they were reviewing your photos for a scratch specifically I would have come to the same conclusion that I didn't really see anything and you're not going to be able to find one better.

Mikeclon,
Use a high end scratch polish like Macquire's. It will likely totally fill in the light scratches and they will probably be unnoticeable to the naked eye.

Some of us Freaks did this to our '89 Batmobiles to remove the scratches that that thing was notorious for. Try it before you send it back. If it works, you saved yourself some hassle

...and still take them up on the deal on the cleaner kit

Mikeclon,
Use a high end scratch polish like Macquire's. It will likely totally fill in the light scratches and they will probably be unnoticeable to the naked eye.

Some of us Freaks did this to our '89 Batmobiles to remove the scratches that that thing was notorious for. Try it before you send it back. If it works, you saved yourself some hassle

...and still take them up on the deal on the cleaner kit

:goodpost: I used it on my SS Vader helmet and it went from ugly to perfect. It's worth a try.

So SS customerservice reply me today about this scratch issue:

"Thank you very much for your inquiry. Unfortunately, after examining your pictures, we do not believe we would be able to provide you a replacement Hot Toys Heartbreaker that would be a significant improvement. Please know that these are all hand-crafted pieces, and there will be small inconsistencies on the armor of every piece if you look close enough.

If you would like, we can send you a free customer care kit. This kit includes handy tools to help you keep your collectibles clean and protected, including 1/6 Scale and Premium Format pieces.

If you are not satisfied with your item, you may choose to return the item for a refund."

Looks like, they believe these Hign-end toy will get stratch and it's none of their business, you will not get exchange only get some free "care kit" or sent it back for refund, pretty disappointed about it and will sent it back for a full refund.

I have the exact same issue and got the same response. It's crazy!! Its not a small inconsistency, its an eyesore!

15954936746_cd4dfd8235_c.jpg

15361085683_a1c7c71297_c.jpg

Fantastic figure for sure. I admit to being a bit underwhelmed by this guy after getting Robocop, but Heartbreaker is a must have for any Iron Man collector. One of the most regal-looking designs out of all the armors, too.

I have the exact same issue and got the same response. It's crazy!! Its not a small inconsistency, its an eyesore!

So what I believe is that there must be tones of ppl have the same scratch issue and there's no way SS sent everybody a "good" replacement cause they don't have that large stock or this just cost them too much, so they decide to ignore the issue and blame the "hand crafts" and leave us no choice.

Well if it's a consistent issue then there is no real point in offering replacements. And if it's a consistent issue it's also Hot Toys fault and not Sideshows.

Well if it's a consistent issue then there is no real point in offering replacements. And if it's a consistent issue it's also Hot Toys fault and not Sideshows.

And if it's Hot Toys fault you know it will never be resolved because Hot Toys does not care in the least about customer service. They only care about selling product and buyer beware. Proven time and time again........

Back