Hot Toys - MMS212 - IRON MAN 3 - HEARTBREAKER (MARK XVII)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They even included a shot of the old Robo suit and it still wasn't enough to save the movie.

Protip, if your action movie is Rated PG-13, it ain't a real action movie!

Protip-check box office numbers before you throw facts out.

But, your right, what possible good action movie would ever have a pg13 rating. Other than Avengers, iron Man, Thor, Spider-Man, Captain America, Star Wars, Star Trek, Batman....ect

So your "it sucks because it's Pg13" argument...probably need to rethink that.

But, your right, what possible good action movie would ever have a pg13 rating. Other than Avengers, iron Man, Thor, Spider-Man, Captain America, Star Wars, Star Trek, Batman....ect

Wrong, sonny boy. What do almost all of those movies have in common? And I wouldn't call Star Wars and Star Trek action movies.

I'll let you figure that one out. Shouldn't be too hard.

When someone says those movies, I think super hero, sci-fi, and thriller instead of action... Just my opinion

When someone says those movies, I think super hero, sci-fi, and thriller instead of action... Just my opinion

Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding! We have a winner! Tell him what he wins, Johnny!

The Bourne films and the Bond films kind of put my action-movie theory to the test. But those are really spy films, more so than actioners.

Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding! We have a winner! Tell him what he wins, Johnny!

The Bourne films and the Bond films kind of put my action-movie theory to the test. But those are really spy films, more so than actioners.

Yeah those are espionage.

When I here action movies, first ones come to mind are Die Hard and Lethal Weapon

Im not pumped anymore cuz they have delayed it too long and its lost its buzz somewhat for me. I still want it but
I need to see the final paint apps to know for sure.

Didn't they say they switched from it being Diecast to it being plastic somewhere down the line?

The mass production model (in the pictures) is painted plastic. The prototype (promo) is metal. There's going to be an unavoidable drop in colour-accuracy, unfortunately.

:lol

wow....

credit: Mr. Walker for diggin up this gem

And robocop does not fall in with any of those? It's got more in common with iron man then Bourne. (Guy in a tin can, not the comic background).

As for Spider-Man being good..I didn't specify which film. I said Spider-Man. There have been five. Even by fanatic standards a couple where good. I also didn't say that any of my examples where in fact good, though I liked all, I said look at the box office. Most of those franchises where around a billion dollars. And I said box office because of the flop comment initially.

If robocop is an action movie so are the examples I stated. My point was that just because something gets a pg-13 rating means nothing. It's not a pro tip. It's in fact generally not true. Pg-13 movies as a group destroy R movies, (over any genre) at box office, DVD, downloads, awards, ect.

And for theater purposes and awards all those franchises I listed are considered action movies. As are things like Jurassic park and twister and Indy and Harry potter and twilight and hunger games and avatar. All did well in box office, all pg13. Of the top 10 box office 6 are pg13, of top 15 total 10 are pg13. Including the top 4 of all time. All considered action, all pg13.

I stand by what I said. Claiming a pro tip is making sure your movie is not pg13 is just not supported by actual facts. 4 of the top 5 grossing movies of all time are pg13. And you can debate what is and is not action movie, but if you say robocop is action then so are what I used as examples.

And robocop does not fall in with any of those? It's got more in common with iron man then Bourne. (Guy in a tin can, not the comic background).

As for Spider-Man being good..I didn't specify which film. I said Spider-Man. There have been five. Even by fanatic standards a couple where good. I also didn't say that any of my examples where in fact good, though I liked all, I said look at the box office. Most of those franchises where around a billion dollars. And I said box office because of the flop comment initially.

If robocop is an action movie so are the examples I stated. My point was that just because something gets a pg-13 rating means nothing. It's not a pro tip. It's in fact generally not true. Pg-13 movies as a group destroy R movies, (over any genre) at box office, DVD, downloads, awards, ect.

And for theater purposes and awards all those franchises I listed are considered action movies. As are things like Jurassic park and twister and Indy and Harry potter and twilight and hunger games and avatar. All did well in box office, all pg13. Of the top 10 box office 6 are pg13, of top 15 total 10 are pg13. Including the top 4 of all time. All considered action, all pg13.

I stand by what I said. Claiming a pro tip is making sure your movie is not pg13 is just not supported by actual facts. 4 of the top 5 grossing movies of all time are pg13. And you can debate what is and is not action movie, but if you say robocop is action then so are what I used as examples.

yodamad.jpg

Back