Hot Toys - MMS212 - IRON MAN 3 - HEARTBREAKER (MARK XVII)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Either way the XX and this both look good. Different designs will stand out really nice in a collection.

So now we know why all the delays hit this guy. The exclusive needed all the legs that they had lined up for this dude.
Makes sense. But damn, I'm kind of liking the black and gold on python. The proportions too. I wonder if there are people who buy multiple figures and repaint a few? Would be kind of awesome to be able to make your own armor.

Makes sense. But damn, I'm kind of liking the black and gold on python. The proportions too. I wonder if there are people who buy multiple figures and repaint a few? Would be kind of awesome to be able to make your own armor.

Im 80% sure yankee was doing a custom paint on a Mark VII.

I gave up my airbrushing days but if I were to fire it up again, I would buy a few to make the easier repaints like Blue Steel, Peacemaker, Romeo, and Tank.

:exactly:

I've long thought about making custom armor pieces :hi5:

maybe, he seems to be parts of other figures, a bit lazy but its HT so :dunno

Its an exclusive, what do you expect? Very limited run figures will never be 100% original new everything because of the cost of that to produce, it would be a money loser. All very limited versions are at most a new pair of clothing or a different paint job, whether its Iron Man or anything else. A lot of the Iron Legion is made up of parts of other armors too, for the same reason. Re-using existing assets saves money, whether you're making CGI effects or an action figure. There may have been 35 armors in that last fight scene, but its not surprising that the ones who got enough screen time to see what they looked like were all originals (Sneaky, Nightclub, Heartbreaker, Thumper, Centurion, Snapper, Hammerhead, Igor, Starboost, Shotgun and Bones) while the rest could be modeled from existing assets. You're not going to use overworked artists to create another 20+ original suits that will be seen for split seconds or not at all.

I'd imagine seeing more armors show up at every opportunity Hot Toys has to sell exclusives, just based on the figures that are already in the pipeline they could make a several more with just a mix and match of parts and paint-

Mark 9 (Centurion, Mark 7, and Heartbreaker parts- its a red and gold Python)
Mark 11 (Centurion, Mark 7, and Heartbreaker parts)
Casanova 18 (Mark 7, Centurion, Heartbreaker and War Machine 2 parts)
Hot Rod 22 (Iron Patriot parts)
Tank 24 (Heartbreaker parts)
Jack 28 (Heartbreaker, Mark 7, Centurion parts)
Blue Steel 30 (Centurion parts)
Peacemaker 36 (Snapper, Mark 7, Heartbreaker parts)

And I imagine they will, as it is an inexpensive way to sell more figures without any R&D. And if they do a Shotgun and Thumper that'll also open up-

Mark 8 (Mark 7, Centurion, Thumper parts)
Mark 12 (Iron Patriot, Centurion, Mark 7, Shotgun, Heartbreaker parts)
Mark 13 (Mark 7, Centurion, Shotgun, Iron Patriot parts)
Mark 14 (Thumper, Centurion, Mark 7, Shotgun, Heartbreaker parts)
Shades 23 (Shotgun parts)
Gamma 26 (Thumper parts)
Disco 27 (Iron Patriot, Centurion, Mark 7, Shotgun parts)
Fiddler 29 (Mark 7, Centurion, Heartbreaker, Starboost, Thumper parts)
Piston 31 (Centurion, Mark 7, Thumper parts)
Southpaw 34 (Mark 7, Centurion, Snapper, Shotgun, Thumper parts)

Which tells me they will likely do at least Shotgun, just for the potential 4 extra figures on top of what would be a really popular figure on its own, and just maybe they'd do a Thumper as it will add 6 more potential figures to the line.

If they do Nightclub they can then do Romeo (Nightclub, Centurion, Heartbreaker, Mark 7 parts). If they do Hammerhead they can do Mark 10 (Mark 7, Hammerhead, Heartbreaker, Snapper parts) and Tiger (Mark 7, Hammerhead, Heartbreaker, Thumper parts). Bones would only be Bones, and Sneaky would just be Sneaky, which sadly makes those longer shots to be made cause I like both of them a lot.

oh yeah for sure, its not really the best idea to expect a brand new figure for an exclusive, just to much of an investment in sculpting/tooling a brand new figure like Bones or Shotgun

Hopefully though we will get them later on, and yeah everyone is probably sick of the Hot Toys Iron Age but if they drip them out slowly over the next few years I wouldn't say no to a new armor :lol

Yea honestly I hope they make every single one. They could make these for another ten years and id still get them. Plus the fact that we probably wont be seeing many more suits in the next two avengers films so this will keep us busy for a long time. My goal is to one day have the entire iron legion, now that would be an impressive collection to behold.

Back