1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gippeto, saw that yur getting some jaxxon capes, do you have a BVS cape yur not using i would need one to fix my bro figure who is stained :(
Let me know :)

your custom looks great man! To get the BvS cape to work, you'll need to push it through the slits in the rubber skin.

Unfortunately, I'm saving the BvS cape to use on the Toys Era Apocalypse Magneto.

Just picked this guy off of a seller on here, can't wait! How stable is he when he is "in flight" with the poseable stand all the way/most of the way up? I'm thinking about displaying him on top of my detolf rather than in it because he won't match anything in there. But I'm also afraid that he'll fall if I do that.

My detolf has a slight shake every now and again and although it doesn't affect any of my figures other than a slight jiggle, I'm afraid that having something on top might be a bad idea. If he's not too stable I'll definitely end up picking up another stand for him.

Just picked this guy off of a seller on here, can't wait! How stable is he when he is "in flight" with the poseable stand all the way/most of the way up? I'm thinking about displaying him on top of my detolf rather than in it because he won't match anything in there. But I'm also afraid that he'll fall if I do that.

My detolf has a slight shake every now and again and although it doesn't affect any of my figures other than a slight jiggle, I'm afraid that having something on top might be a bad idea. If he's not too stable I'll definitely end up picking up another stand for him.

If you mean vertical flight, he's fine. Handles earthquakes really nicely hahah.

3778be059434531ae5735f9ddd418ca8.jpg

a266b327f2fcf712b6a5e39c84c8a72c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was my first H.T., and was stoked at the level of detail in the figure; one of my favorites. Looking through this thread, nice customizations throughout. Though I don't mind the stock release one bit. Great, great figure, to me at least.

I just got this sweet figure after seeing there's not much improvement on the JL from the BVS one. Absolutely love it. Does anyone know where a good quality wired cape can be bought from? I feel like no superman should ever come without a wired cape...

I just got this sweet figure after seeing there's not much improvement on the JL from the BVS one. Absolutely love it. Does anyone know where a good quality wired cape can be bought from? I feel like no superman should ever come without a wired cape...

If you don't mind the stock cape, it's super easy to wire. You just have to insert a wire in one corner of the cape, between the stitches.

S1 (2).jpg

If you don't mind the stock cape, it's super easy to wire. You just have to insert a wire in one corner of the cape, between the stitches.

View attachment 355124

That looks so epic... :thud:

Awesome shot man, love the lighting and shadow play.

If it's that easy, that sounds fine to me. I don't have a problem with the cape he has. Is there any particular thickness of wire I should go for? Heck I don't even know where to buy it haha. Any tips would be appreciated. Still new to the whole scene.

I used this, i guess any thin wire will do. I think it was like 5$ top. You just need the same length as the bottom of the cape. Takes two minutes and you dont damage anything.

20170722_205441.jpg

Sounds good to me! I'll give it a try! Many thanks brother, I love that it's so simple.

Now that collar fix tho... No confidence in my abilities to do that even after watching the videos haha tho it clearly makes such a huge difference. Once I've been at it longer maybe..

Actually to add to this, the yellow strips coming around his waist are both peeling off a bit from the front. Has this happend to anyone else? Is it fine if I superglue them down or something similar? Or could that cause a tear due to friction if I rotate the waist later? Wonder if it was caused by being moved around after being stored too long.

Also the abs are a bit off center, I've tried to make em straight n twist the suit around it gently but to no avail. Any tips?

Any insight from any kind fella would be appreciated! Absolutely love this guy otherwise. This is my Superman, likely forever.

Back