1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both have their pros and cons in my opinion.

I'd say overall BvS is indeed the better figure, but I like the articulation and the slightly more organic looking, neutral poses that the MoS figure can acheive. The BvS figure to me wins in every other category.

Hi guys :wave:

Over Thanksgiving weekend I was finally able to work on the Hot Toys MOS Superman figure. Lots and lots of work done here but really happy with te results. Sorry for the quality of my pics. It's been pretty cloudy here lately but the light coming in helps show the muscle detailing. Thank you all for looking :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Over Thanksgiving weekend I was finally able to work on the Hot Toys MOS Superman figure. Lots and lots of work done here but really happy with te results. Sorry for the quality of my pics. It's been pretty cloudy here lately but the light coming in helps show the muscle detailing. Thank you all for looking :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Fantastic work:clap..for me the MOS figure is still superior to the BVS version..especially the head sculpt..

I like the MOS better also. I do have to do the Cape mod after I build up some nerve. Did the ankle mod already.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

You nailed it man! Awesome work brother! :clap

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

He looks great! PM me if you are selling :)

Nice work, he looks great.

Damn he looks amazing. The suit actually looks like it does in the movie now

That looks awesome. Is that a BvS Supes cape that you used on the MoS figure?

Fantastic work:clap..for me the MOS figure is still superior to the BVS version..especially the head sculpt..

You nailed it man! Awesome work brother! :clap

yeah thats awesome! air brush? brush? howd you do it man? :clap

He looks great! PM me if you are selling :)

First off, THANK YOU ALL so very much for the kind words :)

SilverStar17: Yes you're correct, that is the BvS cape. I love it! out of all the capes, custom and official, I think this is the best save maybe Tony Mei's "Superior Cape" though I've never had it in hand so can't say for sure.

drjedisith: No air brushing. The look of the suit was actually done very similar to how the real suit is. I used the BvS body for starters as it has the added shoulder and rib/oblique muscles plus it's prepainted silver except for the neck area. I removed the forearm and thigh enhancers though and painted those areas silver to match. I did paint the suit a little bit though with a bristle brush and with very thin coats (2-3) of a navy blue gloss/black mix. Once the suit dried over night, I placed it on the body and "rubbed" areas where the muscles didn't show through. That's how the metallic musculature of the under body look comes through similar to the real movie suit. This way you don't gunk up the suit with so many layers of paint like the air brush method does IMO. The chest and belt were repainted with metallic enamels but I still need to find a more metallic red I think.

I removed the original MoS collar and replaced it with a repainted BvS collar since it's thinner and more accurate.

Boots are BvS boots with the wing trim very carefully removed. then cut the trim from the MoS boots and used double sided permanent fabric tape to adhere it to the BvS boots,then trimmed away the excess. These were the funnest part b/c I love the look, feel and added articulation

Cape is BvS Cape tucked into the collar through slits cut into the body.

So that's the formula for anyone who wants to try it out for themselves. I had a blast doing it and now is probably one of my top favorites in my collection next to my COTBP Jack Sparrow. Next will be Superman Returns with Waruna's awesome Routh sculpt

Last edited:
Even without doing everything else, I think using the BvS cape and collar makes this figure look even better. I agree that the stock collar on this figure is way too thick for what it is on the actual suit, even after doing the collar mod. BvS collar is way more accurate, even for this figure.

attachment.php

What mods did you do? It looks amazing.

Even without doing everything else, I think using the BvS cape and collar makes this figure look even better. I agree that the stock collar on this figure is way too thick for what it is on the actual suit, even after doing the collar mod. BvS collar is way more accurate, even for this figure.

I completely agree. I heavily considered only doing that mod (collar and cape) but once I got going I kept thinking of more and more stuff that could be done :)

What mods did you do? It looks amazing.
Thank you :hi5:

List of mods is two posts above you :wink1:

Nice score. He's a great figure, in some ways better than the latest BvS Supes. I think this guy has better articulation and his arms sit better at his sides for a more natural look. How much did you get him for?

If you've never done any mods, it might be best to send it to someone who can do them for you, or just leave it alone. A lot of the mods that people do to this one seem to require a skilled hand.

I have to agree about the articulation. Why does Hot Toys doe this to me. I wanted him shorter - Yes! But then they made him so much bulkier that he could move hardily. Worse still it looks like it would be difficult for any other figure to look OK in the Super suit.

Back