1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are welcome. It's always best to test the paint on a small section first. There's so many Chems used in and to treat everything these days that unless you know a ton about the manufacturing you always run the risk of doing damage. So if you are unsure if a paint and material work so a small test on a hidden part. Or if it's a figure just ask here. Most figures have been customized by someone so you should be able to use their experience as the test. I'm always messing around and testing new paints and stuff so I've got a fairly good idea what works on most hot toys stuff. But not all, and there's a fair bit of figures I don't have so I have not tested on everything. Obviously. But remy and Tony and some of the others here do a lot more custom work then I do so someone will probably have the answer. If your worried I'd ask. Just to be safe. Lol

Thanks for the compliment bud. :duff
This board has been extremely helpful whenever I need help doing a mod. So its a pleasure
to be able to help people in return.

You are welcome. It's always best to test the paint on a small section first. There's so many Chems used in and to treat everything these days that unless you know a ton about the manufacturing you always run the risk of doing damage. So if you are unsure if a paint and material work so a small test on a hidden part. Or if it's a figure just ask here. Most figures have been customized by someone so you should be able to use their experience as the test. I'm always messing around and testing new paints and stuff so I've got a fairly good idea what works on most hot toys stuff. But not all, and there's a fair bit of figures I don't have so I have not tested on everything. Obviously. But remy and Tony and some of the others here do a lot more custom work then I do so someone will probably have the answer. If your worried I'd ask. Just to be safe. Lol

Yeah, I usually wait and see what works best, and if I don't like any of the methods I've seen, I'll go my own route. Before I did my black MOS, I test painted some scrap pieces of spandex with black acrylic paint and I didn't like how the fabric felt stiff and less elastic afterward. That's why I ended up getting the ZOD suit.

I've still got the spare MOS suit (without emblem, belt and buckle) that I have left over from my black MOS mod. Since it's just sitting in my parts box, I'll probably experiment with painting that and see how different paints affect the fabric. I just want the fabric to maintain its feel and behave as it did before paint, with no worries about cracking or chipping if I do any extreme poses. I'm thinking the best route would probably be what Remy said Owen did (airbrush + lacquer) since that would apply a thinner coat of paint than paint brush.

Thanks for the compliment bud. :duff
This board has been extremely helpful whenever I need help doing a mod. So its a pleasure
to be able to help people in return.

I agree, this thread is really helpful and constructive. Wish I could say the same about a lot of the other threads that I'm subscribed to. It's a refreshing change :)

^Sorry but I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. What part of the suit are you referring to? (Gluing the collar, emblem etc? Sewing the back seam?)

Yea sorry. I ment sewing on back. My supermans suit is damaged at belt buckle area and I thought I could buy new suit and replace this one instead buying new figure.

Really cool to see all the new pics with mods of this figure. I think its still one of Hot Toys best figure ever made!

I repainted my other MOS figure awhile back...probably a month after I painted the first version, but I just never got around to posting the pics.
Snyder used two different filters in the movie...one giving him the dark blue suit...the other a brighter blue, like in the interrogation scene, and
on the scene right after the smallville fight where Martha tells Clark "nice suit son".
And from seeing the trailer, Snyder may be going by this filter for the 2nd movie.

Here's the old pic of v1 with the 2nd unpainted MOS figure.

Here's the 2nd MOS figure now, repainted with the interrogation scene colors.

That is AWESOME!Remy will you please take some pictures in normal light?

I just found a great modified Henry head sculpture

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Yea sorry. I ment sewing on back. My supermans suit is damaged at belt buckle area and I thought I could buy new suit and replace this one instead buying new figure.

I think sewing the suit back on would be easy OR difficult, depending on how good you want the seam to look from the back. If you don't care how the seam looks, I think it'd be pretty easy to do. If you want it to look stock/professional, I think that'd be pretty hard to accomplish.

How bad did you damage your suit? Is it torn? If the buckle or strap is loose, you could simply reglue it down.

Area around buckle is torn. I got it that way a year or so ago from eBay, wanted to return it,but couldn't afford to ship it back so I kept it. So only option is new suit. I planned just to glue suit together because I don't care how it looks under the cape but I am not sure if that can work.

北京国安;7727277 said:
That is AWESOME!Remy will you please take some pictures in normal light?

I just found a great modified Henry head sculpture

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Thanks Jaxon.
The new Henry head sculpt you found, is it a Superman sculpt, or bearded Clark?

Fantastic set of Supes you have on your hands Remy. :clap

Funny he was great as he was but I felt he was a little bit in the background in my collection, never really looked at him sort of a thing. But after the little mods I did I sure now have a look at him every so often.

Fantastic set of Supes you have on your hands Remy. :clap

Funny he was great as he was but I felt he was a little bit in the background in my collection, never really looked at him sort of a thing. But after the little mods I did I sure now have a look at him every so often.

Thanks man. :duff
Yeah, that's the thing, even as stock, its a great figure.
But once you apply some mods, specially the cape mod, it elevates it to another level.

Not seeing the link. Can you post the pic?

Instagram here's the link and pic[emoji16] ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430346634.379869.jpg

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Back