1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The give-away of Jor-El is brilliant – well done to anyone who gets him.
Personally I didn't like how the MOS Superman turned out, so he was a pass for me, however I do like the Jor-El, and only his price tag put me off getting him... if I could get hold of him for $100, then I might just have to buy him.

Sideshow just informed me they are giving a free Jor-El with the purchase of Superman. That is a $220 figure for free. I was surprised as I only ordered Superman. Both are arriving today.

Thank you Sideshow!

Their Jor El are burried under dust :lol

Its not 1st time they give away, I remember they give away Potc Angelica as well for any purchase. Free $300 exclusive item. kind of sad, HT angelica is well crafted figure

If anyone is interested in painting their man of steel I did a how to video as I went along.
Personally I think he turned out great!!! I can't wait to see how he holds up :yess:

Attachments

• mos_001.jpg
    mos_001.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 301
  • MOS_002.jpg
    MOS_002.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 301
Very cool ! Clevergirl Your supes look's great and may want to start getting more into painting love the way he looked with red cape n black. The stand i need to buy n paint now for my Superman kingdom come version. I would leave the blue on the stand if have not painted it yet. Again Great work Clevergirl , very cool!:clap:clap:clap give her some rep people.

Held off long enough, so I finally decided to mod my MOS Superman figure and I'm pretty happy with the way he has turned out.

Mods I did -

1 - Collar mod - So scary but yet so easy and it really elevates the figure greatly.
2 - I like the stock cape so I just let it soak in some black wash for a few minutes. Still no were near dark enough but it is darker. :rotfl
3 - Silver wash and then a little black wash onto the collar neck-piece and the gaunlets.
4 - Silver wash onto the trim around the suit.
5 - Black wash onto the 'S' symbol and then a gloss finish to give it a little bit of shine.
6 - Gloss applied to his hair.
7 - Suit pulled and glued under the hand pegs to get rid of the little bit of bagginess at his mid arm section.
8 - Wire added to the stock cape.
9 - A little bit of black wash on his abs.

Some pics -

Got him under some light here to show the shine on his hair and 'S' symbol although the light appears to make the cape a funny colour -

All simple stuff and it really adds to the figure. I know I'm late to the party with these mods but -

ab6973511e187902818e1a55c3f800612fd2d49db1134c59d8e383aa703d5c97.jpg

Very cool ! Clevergirl Your supes look's great and may want to start getting more into painting love the way he looked with red cape n black. The stand i need to buy n paint now for my Superman kingdom come version. I would leave the blue on the stand if have not painted it yet. Again Great work Clevergirl , very cool!:clap:clap:clap give her some rep people.

Thank you :)

I did end up painting the blue part of the stand black (I will upload some photos later this weekend)... I actually wish I would have kept the whole thing silver... The silver has a mirror effect and it really cool by itself!!!

If you decide to paint yours and leave the cape red, leave the boots and the red part of his S red too!!! It'll look amazing ;)

ok so 6ft 6 is 13 inches. The figure is under 13 inches, so under 6 ft 6. Either way, not 7 foot tall.

I have the Christopher Reeve head mounted on the man of Steel body, as Reeve is the only Superman for me, and the Christopher Reeve head actually works better on the Man of Steel body than the Cavill head does. For one thing, Reeve actually was 6'4" so the extra height looks right on him. Secondly, the Cavill head is a bit larger than average, and when you add in his puffy hair, it really does add even more height to the figure. Put the more normal sized Reeve head on it though, and the figure looks just fine next to your other Hot Toys superheroes, rather than looking like Herman Munster in a Superman outfit.

Back