1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna paint S symbol with Gaia but I have no idea what color is it,I do need help please[emoji30]

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430067260.517535.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430067268.500471.jpg

Also the gauntlet.Thanks

Looking great, Jaxon! I'm not sure what color the emblem or gauntlets are either. I ended up painting the emblem an almost black, metallic gun metal grey. The reflective quality of the paint makes it appear lighter or darker depending on the light he's in. The red is still showing through on your emblem and boots and could probably use another coat of paint. Other than that, VERY nice job!

This figure had potential for a perfect 10 too bad he's just too tall and w/o the shoulder mod he looks terrible.

Looking great, Jaxon! I'm not sure what color the emblem or gauntlets are either. I ended up painting the emblem an almost black, metallic gun metal grey. The reflective quality of the paint makes it appear lighter or darker depending on the light he's in. The red is still showing through on your emblem and boots and could probably use another coat of paint. Other than that, VERY nice job!

This is just a surface paint,I even didn't use Color yet.Still a lot of work to do

Really cool to see all the new pics with mods of this figure. I think its still one of Hot Toys best figure ever made!

I repainted my other MOS figure awhile back...probably a month after I painted the first version, but I just never got around to posting the pics.
Snyder used two different filters in the movie...one giving him the dark blue suit...the other a brighter blue, like in the interrogation scene, and
on the scene right after the smallville fight where Martha tells Clark "nice suit son".
And from seeing the trailer, Snyder may be going by this filter for the 2nd movie.

Here's the old pic of v1 with the 2nd unpainted MOS figure.

Here's the 2nd MOS figure now, repainted with the interrogation scene colors.

Last edited:
WOW, Remy!! The second one looks awesome!!! VERY GOOD JOB!!! The colors are very rich and vibrant. Love the contrast. Bet your friends are really jealous of that doll :lol

Both look absolutely fantastic.

Thanks man. :duff

WOW, Remy!! The second one looks awesome!!! VERY GOOD JOB!!! The colors are very rich and vibrant. Love the contrast. Bet your friends are really jealous of that doll :lol

They do, but of course...they wont give me too much props cause you know...its a doll. :lol

^They're COLLECTIBLES!!!! :lol

Man, now I'm tempted to repaint my MOS to look like your interrogation scene version. Yours makes the stock blue costume look so dull. You did a really great job shading and blending the paints. If you don't mind me asking, did you use acrylic paint?

Also, how is the costume holding up? All the repaints I have seen look amazing. I'm just paranoid that painting the suit will make the suit stiff and prone to crack/chips if you handle or repose the figure a lot.

^They're COLLECTIBLES!!!! :lol

Man, now I'm tempted to repaint my MOS to look like your interrogation scene version. Yours makes the stock blue costume look so dull. You did a really great job shading and blending the paints. If you don't mind me asking, did you use acrylic paint?

Also, how is the costume holding up? All the repaints I have seen look amazing. I'm just paranoid that painting the suit will make the suit stiff and prone to crack/chips if you handle or repose the figure a lot.

LMAO!!! Oh yeah, that's right...thanks for correcting me...Of course...they're collectibles, not dolls. :rolleyes2

I normally use acrylic, but on this case, I used Lacquer paint.
The suit has no issues at all.
I painted v1 I believe late last year. And version 2, maybe Jan of this year.
The suit absorbs the paint really well.
Now, I dont pose mine constantly, but the suit looks the same as when I first painted it.

Awesome man, that's really good to know. I repose my figures A LOT (to keep things new) and that was one of the reasons I was hesitant to repaint the suit.

Why did you use lacquer as opposed to acrylic? Is lacquer-based paint more flexible than acrylic? Also, was the lacquer applied via paint brush or spray paint? LOL sorry for bombarding you with all these questions. Your repaint is just THAT good!! :clap

Awesome man, that's really good to know. I repose my figures A LOT (to keep things new) and that was one of the reasons I was hesitant to repaint the suit.

Why did you use lacquer as opposed to acrylic? Is lacquer-based paint more flexible than acrylic? Also, was the lacquer applied via paint brush or spray paint? LOL sorry for bombarding you with all these questions. Your repaint is just THAT good!! :clap

lol, no worries bud, always glad to help with questions.
I used lacquer cause I was inspired by Owen's MOS repaint, so I used the same paints he used.
Lacquer paints are also known to be more vibrant.
But they are not as easy to use as water based acrylic, cause you have to use thinners unlike acrylic where you can use just water.
The only thing is Owen used airbrush. I've never used airbrush before, so I just used my tried and true paintbrush.
Yes, it was scary at first, and I was certain that I was gonna butcher it since I'm using a brush instead of airbrush.
But the suit absorbs the paint really well, and as long as you paint in layers...dont go too thick...it went really well...much better than I anticipated.
I was very happy with the results, that's why I decided to repaint the other MOS figure.

Here's new pics of V1 I took it this morning. As you can see...still looks the same as when I first painted it.

Acrylic paint won't bond with the material and can flake with age and movement. A laq paint will chemically bond with the suit so you won't have those issues.

Very much appreciated, my friend. :)

Wow, if you didn't tell me it was safe, I would have NEVER considered using paint with thinner on the suit. I would have thought the thinner would melt the rubber on the suit. Very interesting to know that the suit can handle it!

Like I said, I can't tell you used a paint brush on yours. The shading/blending is executed very well and looks similar to air-brush to me. I wish I knew how to use an airbrush. I've been thinking about learning how to air-brush so I can give my shiny/reflective Robocop a proper repaint. On second thought, it may be a good thing I don't have any airbrush experience. I'd probably repaint every damn figure in my collection :lol

Again, thanks for the info. Very cool and helpful.

Acrylic paint won't bond with the material and can flake with age and movement. A laq paint will chemically bond with the suit so you won't have those issues.

Ah, I see. Thanks a lot, Motux! I'll definitely avoid using acrylic if I decide to repaint any fabric. Appreciate it man.

Very much appreciated, my friend. :)

Wow, if you didn't tell me it was safe, I would have NEVER considered using paint with thinner on the suit. I would have thought the thinner would melt the rubber on the suit. Very interesting to know that the suit can handle it!

Like I said, I can't tell you used a paint brush on yours. The shading/blending is executed very well and looks similar to air-brush to me. I wish I knew how to use an airbrush. I've been thinking about learning how to air-brush so I can give my shiny/reflective Robocop a proper repaint. On second thought, it may be a good thing I don't have any airbrush experience. I'd probably repaint every damn figure in my collection :lol

Again, thanks for the info. Very cool and helpful.

You're welcome man, and again, thanks for the compliment. :1-1:

Ah, I see. Thanks a lot, Motux! I'll definitely avoid using acrylic if I decide to repaint any fabric. Appreciate it man.

You are welcome. It's always best to test the paint on a small section first. There's so many Chems used in and to treat everything these days that unless you know a ton about the manufacturing you always run the risk of doing damage. So if you are unsure if a paint and material work so a small test on a hidden part. Or if it's a figure just ask here. Most figures have been customized by someone so you should be able to use their experience as the test. I'm always messing around and testing new paints and stuff so I've got a fairly good idea what works on most hot toys stuff. But not all, and there's a fair bit of figures I don't have so I have not tested on everything. Obviously. But remy and Tony and some of the others here do a lot more custom work then I do so someone will probably have the answer. If your worried I'd ask. Just to be safe. Lol

Back