1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was planning on picking up the current version but now I think I'll wait for the BvS version. Not that I think the new version is going to be that much better but the scale for MoS is off from the rest of the 1/6 offerings. I'm thinking HT may correct the scale so that Cavill Supes doesn't look so huge next to other HT figures, plus I do plan to get the Affleck Batman and I want them to be in scale with each other.

Was planning on picking up the current version but now I think I'll wait for the BvS version. Not that I think the new version is going to be that much better but the scale for MoS is off from the rest of the 1/6 offerings. I'm thinking HT may correct the scale so that Cavill Supes doesn't look so huge next to other HT figures, plus I do plan to get the Affleck Batman and I want them to be in scale with each other.

Same. Had this on preorder but cancelled at the last minute. Glad I did since I'll get this version and Affleck Bats to go together. Hoping we'll see a color version of the batsuit at SDCC.

I can't tell enough from this new image. But I think I like the original Man of Steel look. A bit younger with the hair style. But I can't be sure. And I still want to see if Hot Toys will try a 1/4 scale. But I guess that's less and less of a chance with the new movie. They'll want a 1/6 ready to go.

Not feeling the belt at all, but as a big Supes fan Ill buy it and Batman. No regrets buying the MoS version.

Nice cape tony. Is that the same as before or is it a new tweaked version? I'll be getting one of these when my Supes eventually arrives from OSB.

They are arriving i got one for my self and a mate and they turned up yesterday. i only bought it because i was expecting him to have it early and i was going to use it to show my customers before the UK stock from Amerang came in. That backfired and i had the UK stock in the shop almost 2 months earlier.

Probably a dumb question but--could his height be adjusted down by giving him shorter ankle pegs, sort of the reverse of what we had to do with the TFA Captain America?

You could but the boots would travel up to the knees and make the figure look silly.

Hmm. Well I'm planning on giving him a Chris Reeve head anyway, so maybe he won't look so out of place being tall, as Reeve was 6'4" after all. It would be strange if he even towered over Thor on my shelf, though. I really wish Hot Toys would get their relative scale issues ironed out. Does anyone know exactly how tall the MOS figure is?

According to a couple of reviewers, MOS measures 12.8 inches, which comes to 6'4" and 3/4 in adjusted height...so a perfect height for Christopher Reeve. He'll sort of tower above my TFA Captain America figure which comes to exactly 12" with the longer pegs, but I think the new Dark World Thor and Silver Centurion Iron Man figures I have on pre-order should look good with him. (Besides, Chris Evans is just 6 feet tall anyway.)

I might yet try to give the MOS the shorter leg pegs even with the Chris Reeve head, it all depends on how goofy the boots end up looking when they're nearly at his knees.

I wonder if anyone has tried giving the Reeve Superman the longer leg pegs? Or does he already have them?

I don't really mind him being taller all that much. Do you guys really require 100% movie accuracy? With the actor's real life height as well?

I don't really mind him being taller all that much. Do you guys really require 100% movie accuracy? With the actor's real life height as well?

I don't but some guys on here won't budge an inch on these details:lol

I don't but some guys on here won't budge an inch on these details:lol
I'm quite alright with slight deviations in the figures as long as I look at them, and they are instantly recognisable as who and from where. I mean if thats the case, then Gimli's figure would suck. Or most figures would suck for that matter if they take the actors' true heights.

Back