1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
majuhede.jpg

Just love this guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just love this pose.

Do you hear that howling? That loud crying? Yes that is Howard Chan this morning upon seeing images of the new BvS suit. Well until he realized he could recycle the MMS 200 and resell it in a new box :idea:

First look from BvS. I think it's exactly the same suit

No. Totally different cuffs, hair is different, side ribbing is different, collar is changed and the S shield now has the House-Of-El style markings inside the glyph.
HT might be able to reuse the hands and the boots. And the Dynamic stand...
Other than that its all new.

IMO not much change to warrant a new figure for casual Superman fans like me, but I might be compelled to get one if HT's 1/6 interpretation of the suit becomes more accurate in color, finish, and cut compared to MMS 200. Looking forward to seeing the new headsculpt as well.

New Supes image looks great. I love my MoS figure right now, and nothing new to the suit to cause me to upgrade. Although I do like the haircut for Supes and if HT nails the headsculpt, I'll probably just pick that up

It's going to be hard to top the MOS head sculpt. That was my first HT. I had never considered HT till I got that one in hand, now I'm paying off credit cards as I'm still building my HT army haha.

I'll stick with the original. However, if the HS is somehow beget and if they make him into an aged superman, then I'm game.

Is it me or is the "S" on the BvS vers. now placed as low as the current HT fig?
But yeah overall it's just a tweaked version of the MoS suit. Wallet saved for Batfleck.

Is it me or is the "S" on the BvS vers. now placed as low as the current HT fig?
But yeah overall it's just a tweaked version of the MoS suit. Wallet saved for Batfleck.

You are correct.
But with all the other changes, it doens't make the MOS figure any more accurate out of the box, with the square belt buckle, new lines/boots/suit/collar and hairstyle of the BvS version.

You are correct.
But with all the other changes, it doens't make the MOS figure any more accurate out of the box, with the square belt buckle, new lines/boots/suit/collar and hairstyle of the BvS version.

True, but I'm fine with the inaccuracy now ;)
Also, nice little touch with the subtle "S" in the belt buckle.

It's going to be hard to top the MOS head sculpt. That was my first HT. I had never considered HT till I got that one in hand, now I'm paying off credit cards as I'm still building my HT army haha.

I'll stick with the original. However, if the HS is somehow beget and if they make him into an aged superman, then I'm game.

I beg to differ. MoS is a good sculpt, but not a perfect sculpt IMO. HT can definitely do better on their next Cavill sculpt, unless they pull a TDW Loki on it :lol

Eh, the new look is not going to make me buy this one. Had they gone with a change like making it look like the new 52 suit, I would have considered it. So for now I will just be picking up Batfleck, Wonder Woman, and whoever else they put in this movie. But I am giddily excited for this film!

And to answer someone's earlier question, no they are not adapting The Dark Knight Returns. They are borrowing elements, like older Bruce, but for the most part nothing else, really matches up. Superman is not a government pawn. Bruce and Clark have no prior history. Clark didn't heat vision off Oliver's hand. **** Grayson/Nightwing is still running around if the casting calls are to be believed.

The updates make everything more angular. I'm not a huge fan, I prefer the MoS suit. That square buckle with the 'S' is really not sitting well with me.

Back