1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's screen accurate, but man that belt section sits low on the MOS figure. If there was a way to hike it up to where his waist actually is, I think he'd look better proportioned. Looking back through this thread, I found this picture of a Tony Meis custom job with the Reeve head and outfit on a MOS body:

CRSuperman0102141_zps6921ecaf.jpg

I noticed immediately that the red trunks create a better midsection area for the figure, making the torso and legs look more correctly proportioned. Maybe MOS Supes just needs some red trunks!

Anyone know if the belt on MOS Supes can possibly be moved up? I heard that it's glued...maybe pried off and reglued? Or maybe the pants could be hiked up a bit?

It's not just a simple unglue and reglue. The "buckle" is pegged into the body just like the chest piece. And there's a whole in the fabric where the "buckle" plugs into. So that wouldn't work.

Really glad I don't see these "scale problems" that some of you ppl see :cuckoo: I'd be sooo unhappy :lol

Last edited:
woah woah what do you mean you don't "see" the scale problems? If it doesn't bother you that's one thing but how can you not see it?

uummm b/c nothing looks wrong to me :dunno:

Even though the figure is 12.8" tall and has an overly long torso? And the Reeve Superman is only 12.25 inches tall in comparison? And most of your other Hot Toys superheroes will look like teenagers next to Cavill? Have you seen the Cavill figure posed with other characters? Its like watching Herman Munster talking to Lily.

People can accept the scale discrepancy if they want but saying you can't see it at all just seems strange.

Even though the figure is 12.8" tall and has an overly long torso? And the Reeve Superman is only 12.25 inches tall in comparison? And most of your other Hot Toys superheroes will look like teenagers next to Cavill? Have you seen the Cavill figure posed with other characters? Its like watching Herman Munster talking to Lily.

People can accept the scale discrepancy if they want but saying you can't see it at all just seems strange.

A 6'6" character SHOULD be 13" tall in 1/6.
It's all the previous HT figures that are slightly out of scale. They have previously been making all males 12" and all females just over 10.5".
That's barbie scale.
1/6 scale means making every figure a different size according to the height of the actor.
I realise that's hard, but they did it correctly with Cavill. And the new Thor. And Hulk.
Unfortunately, if you want to pose it with other 1/6 figures, they are all out of scale with the MOS.

Well if HT is starting a new scale (which I doubt, but who knows) it's fine by me, as I own no HT male figures as yet--my one male figure, TFA Cap, I bought just for the outfit and the shield and accessories, as I'm going to (hopefully) be porting it onto the Rogers body that comes with the Winter Soldier two-pack, which I assume will be bigger. Chris Reeve was 6'4" and Cavill is 6'1", and I doubt Superman is actually meant to be 6'6", but I have no problem with a Superman who is meant to be Reeve's height--and that's pretty much exactly what the Cavill figure (assuming it actually is 12.8 inches tall as everyone says) comes out to. The problem is all the collectors who have so many older superhero figures that might end up looking awful in the potential new world of larger scale that HT might be creating. As for the look of the Cavill figure specifically, I do think the unnaturally long torso detracts from the overall look of the figure.

So the previous HT scale made all the men 6 feet tall and all the women 5'3"? I can see how that could work for non-superhero figures, or figures like Sweeney Todd. But you're right, superheroes do tend to require a bigger scale. Well, I'm all for it as long as HT makes sure my upcoming Stealth Cap, Silver Centurion Iron Man, and Dark World Thor figures all look good next to Cavill...

I don't collect other superheroes. I only collect Superman and Johnny Depp. I just don't think Cavill is out of scale :huh: Like Username says below...HT was previously making ALL Males at 12" which isn't truly 1/6 scale. it's 12" scale. The funny thing I find is how ppl only complain about this figure. yet DX13 is bigger than any of the previous Terminators. TWD Thor is a bit larger and has a larger head. Wolverine looks to have the newer larger scaled heads but they didn't give him a new body unfortunately. GA Captain America looks to be on the larger side as well :dunno
A 6'6" character SHOULD be 13" tall in 1/6.
It's all the previous HT figures that are slightly out of scale. They have previously been making all males 12" and all females just over 10.5".
That's barbie scale.
1/6 scale means making every figure a different size according to the height of the actor.
I realise that's hard, but they did it correctly with Cavill. And the new Thor. And Hulk.
Unfortunately, if you want to pose it with other 1/6 figures, they are all out of scale with the MOS.

:goodpost: :exactly:

All three MoS figures are in-scale to each other and are close to true 1:6 scale to the actual actors. Most HTs releases arent true 1:6 to the actors anyway.

Plus i don't like seeing figures mixed and matched with other lines anyway, I like more minimal displays keeping the figures either with their own line or by themselves. If you like mixing them together, well thats your own personal taste.

Once I get a Reeve head on the Cavill figure I'll be fine with it. Also I'm pretty sure Cavill's head actually adds extra height to the figure compared to other superhero heads--he has a big noggin and poofy hair with it.

Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I want to buy this figure & sideshow has that eligible for gift card posted. Can anyone tell what that means? Does that mean I get a free gift card. Can I get that & use the comiccon14 code?

Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I want to buy this figure & sideshow has that eligible for gift card posted. Can anyone tell what that means? Does that mean I get a free gift card. Can I get that & use the comiccon14 code?

I think it means if you have a gift card (from previous purchase) you can use it towards this fig... you should be able to use the code for it though

I saw this figure's headsculpt and HT Jor-El used on tonight's Robot chicken. I haven't been keeping up with the show lately but its cool to see them finally starting to use Hot Toys figures. I also think they used HT Blade as well.

Back