1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not obsessed with height matching real life height--unless it means my figures won't look good together on the shelf. I would prefer all my male Hot Toys superhero figures to be the exact same height so they look good together on the shelf, but that's not how Hot Toys does it. So we end up with Captain America being six feet tall (with the long pegs added) while Superman completely towers over him--in fact he even towers over Thor. They just won't look good posed together, and that's the key for me--I need my figures to look good together on the shelf. Part of the fun of collecting these for me is displaying them in groups. Putting a Reeve head on the Cavill Superman is my way of getting around the fact that the Cavill figure is just too tall, since Reeve himself was very tall.

Totally agree. The figures need to be able to display and interact with each other. You can't have Spider-man playing hot hands with Superman when hes Ginormous, it ruins the whole illusion. Thats the main reason that stopped me from getting this figure. Also wasn't impressed with the film, but was still gonna get it cause the figure was gorgeous. Then someone made a comparison of the Cavill head sculpt with another sculpt and its like a dime next to a quarter! :horror Not just the height but the sculpt. :(

And I laugh at the speculation HT was adopting a new scale, this would be the true 1/6 scale moving forward. That whole notion is just bonkers, it would effectively void their entire library, they would have to remake everything:cuckoo: And following releases Wolverine, Tonto, Batman and Robin, Cap, Thor- Supes is still bigger than all of them. So it can't be a new scale. Superman and Zod are a scale unto themselves.

Totally agree. The figures need to be able to display and interact with each other. You can't have Spider-man playing hot hands with Superman when hes Ginormous, it ruins the whole illusion. Thats the main reason that stopped me from getting this figure. Also wasn't impressed with the film, but was still gonna get it cause the figure was gorgeous. Then someone made a comparison of the Cavill head sculpt with another sculpt and its like a dime next to a quarter! :horror Not just the height but the sculpt. :(

And I laugh at the speculation HT was adopting a new scale, this would be the true 1/6 scale moving forward. That whole notion is just bonkers, it would effectively void their entire library, they would have to remake everything:cuckoo: And following releases Wolverine, Tonto, Batman and Robin, Cap, Thor- Supes is still bigger than all of them. So it can't be a new scale. Superman and Zod are a scale unto themselves.

Spider Man shouldn't let anyone stop them from getting this figure, all of the HT Spidey's are absolute crap. :lecture

See that's what I mean. You're putting the Reeve headsculpt on the MoS fig because you're comparing the two actors, all the while both are playing the same character, Superman. I would be fine with the new scale. It would simply mean for me that previous releases were just 12" figures. Hahaha. And as for not looking good together, there are ways around that, no? It wouldn't be as prominent if you were to pose MoS hovering behind DX12 for example. That's how I posed mine and I don't really see the difference in sizes.

Well they can't really adopt an entirely new scale just yet when they're using the same old bodies for most of the figures.

However, the heads are getting larger while the bodies are staying the same. DX13 head is the same size as the BR Joker head+neck. It's also larger than the DX10 head. Not even the HT Cavill head is that large. If I'm not mistaken the new TDW Thor and Wolverine heads are larger as well. DX13 even has a larger internal neck peg casing than the one that comes with the DX10 bodies

Last edited:
personally doesnt bother me at all that the MoS figures are a little larger since they are all in scale with each other as a set. And i dont display them with other franchises. Doesnt really make sense to me to have Marvel and DC characters displayed together on the same shelf. Plus i like having 1 figure, or no more than 2 per shelf. I just like having a minimal display, and then after awhile i switch them out. I don't display everything I have all at the same time. just gets too cluttered and busy for my tastes. But we all do things differently, really no right or wrong way.

I like putting characters from different franchises together--I was the same way with my Megos when I was a kid. I'm going to be putting an Avengers display together consisting of Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Superman, and Hit-Girl. (Yes, Hit-Girl.) Some people might think it's a bit much to ask wanting them all to be in scale with each other, but then again they're all supposed to be "sixth-scale" figures, and I think it's proper to expect that the Hot Toys ones at least should look correct together--that Superman shouldn't look like Herman Munster next to the other male superheroes.

Hmmm...I wonder if something as simple as giving Cavill Superman the Jor-El boots would completely eliminate his height issue (or to be fair, the issue I have with his height, as there are other people who don't mind him being out of scale.) Sure, it would throw off his color scheme and not be completely movie accurate, but for a guy wearing a badass Kryptonian outfit, red boots look a bit goofy. And if I used short pegs in the boots (assuming they don't have those pegs already) they would hopefully come up to the correct height on his legs, just below the knees.

I might try this. There are plenty of people selling--inexplicably to me, but I'm sure someone here could tell me why it makes sense--Cavill Superman bodies with the head, hands and boots removed. That could work perfectly for me because I'm planning on putting a Reeve head on it.

Okay, I admit it--I'm obsessed with correcting this figure's scale issues. I admit it. There.

I've been doing some research, looking at various pics of the figure and of the body without the costume, and I'm realizing I have only two choices here--accept the body as it is (which wouldn't be the end of the world because the figure is 12.8 inches, which means his relative height comes to just under 6'5", which is okay for a Superman) or substitute an entirely new body. I've come to realize that using short ankle pegs won't work for me, because his height problems are all in his overly long torso; his legs are already a bit too short to properly match up with it. If I used short pegs to reduce his height I think he'd just end up looking deformed. So. There it is. I can either accept this situation or let my OCD dictate my actions.

Of course, OCD wins, at least for the moment. So here's my question--taking into account the suit he's wearing, what would be a good substitute body, if I wanted to reduce his height to maybe 12.5 inches, with a correctly proportioned torso? The TT-M20, maybe? And for all the people who have bought extra costumes, is it possible to work around the pegs that come attached to his "S" insignia?

Okay, I admit it--I'm obsessed with correcting this figure's scale issues. I admit it. There.

I've been doing some research, looking at various pics of the figure and of the body without the costume, and I'm realizing I have only two choices here--accept the body as it is (which wouldn't be the end of the world because the figure is 12.8 inches, which means his relative height comes to just under 6'5", which is okay for a Superman) or substitute an entirely new body. I've come to realize that using short ankle pegs won't work for me, because his height problems are all in his overly long torso; his legs are already a bit too short to properly match up with it. If I used short pegs to reduce his height I think he'd just end up looking deformed. So. There it is. I can either accept this situation or let my OCD dictate my actions.

Of course, OCD wins, at least for the moment. So here's my question--taking into account the suit he's wearing, what would be a good substitute body, if I wanted to reduce his height to maybe 12.5 inches, with a correctly proportioned torso? The TT-M20, maybe? And for all the people who have bought extra costumes, is it possible to work around the pegs that come attached to his "S" insignia?

Left is TTM20, Right is normal MOS body.

Then pics of the TTM20 one with other HT for scale comparison.

C3B0D89E-4877-4749-B0A5-83F0D687E5A3.jpg

67967F93-00AE-456C-AF49-D601281D486A.jpg

4E80B634-F11B-4B49-8C72-DC6AEE90DD00.jpg

6CDF8816-9394-4DF5-9BBD-1FC2C4B5A864.jpg

BD5C7C47-42A0-4483-8620-46FD27A6AFF5.jpg

DCAACF45-E27A-4F69-822F-4CD8FE3C4895.jpg

28F0C005-0CF6-4AE9-A320-25640D7E6CC3.jpg

AD71FDD1-F288-470C-8EC7-F073C2BE1B26.jpg

Thanks, Username--that was exactly what I needed. Looks like the TT-M20 would be perfect. Too bad it's super expensive these days and apparently only available from Asian sellers, but at least that gives me an option. What did you do about the pegs that are attached to the "S" insignia? Are they easily removed?

Thanks, Username--that was exactly what I needed. Looks like the TT-M20 would be perfect. Too bad it's super expensive these days and apparently only available from Asian sellers, but at least that gives me an option. What did you do about the pegs that are attached to the "S" insignia? Are they easily removed?

Yes. The insignia is just the usual PVC everything else is made from, so i just cut the tabs off with a scalpel.

Changing the body to TTM-20 looks weird for me. I'm definitely happy with my stock figure. Better proportions overall.

Changing the body to TTM-20 looks weird for me. I'm definitely happy with my stock figure. Better proportions overall.

I only did it on that one because a friend of mine bought a MOS figure just for the head and body and sold me the suit and base for a really cheap price. I suddenly had a MOS suit and base(Already had heads), and wanted to do a quick bash. The TTM20 was the biggest body i had at the time.

I only did it on that one because a friend of mine bought a MOS figure just for the head and body and sold me the suit and base for a really cheap price. I suddenly had a MOS suit and base(Already had heads), and wanted to do a quick bash. The TTM20 was the biggest body i had at the time.

It looks fine to me. I'm working on a custom using a KP03 Athletik body with MOS arms. I also have begun modifying the body by sculpting a more shaped backside and thicker legs. Unfortunately, I'm not a very sculpture. Also, KP says they are issuing a limited edition KP02. They have intimated the legs are thicker. I may switch out the MOS arms to that figure and use it. We'll see.

Back