1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Wonderful shot! Looks like he's ready to take off! :rock

Thanks Viking :hi5:

Nice pics Paramore. :clap

Cheers Remy :duff

badass :rock

I love you bloodied Todd...I always wanted to get a second head and shirt and make one like yours. Did you do that yourself?

Thanks Gipetto!

I didn't do Sweeney myself, it was done by fellow board member EmmaT. And an amazing job she done too :rock

Got my two yesterday. They are gobsmackingly cool. Everything that I could have asked for in terms of a figure of this Superman.

Yea man I totally agree about the DX12 being a bit of a disappointment. Like it was cool but not nearly great. It was really a "I just spent almost $300 on something that I'm about to tear down and rework." it was fun doing but in the end just didn't feel worth it and like you said, just ended up being disappointing.

But like you said, big difference here is that it's already beautiful. I still envy yours b/c I think it's damn near perfect right from the screen. Just cant get myself to do it :lol

And yea the PF is fantastic looking. I'm really impressed that SS went back and changed the costume of their initial proto to be more accurate. Only reason I'm able to get it is b/c I cut back so much in 2013 and made sure I had the money aside for all my must haves. Passing up on The Crow and the DX13 were really tough ones but Superman>all :lol I'm running out of space as well but thankfully Coco is making me some PF shelves for both Comic and MoS Superman PFs :yess: but I think that will be my PF limit (at least ones that can be displayed) until I get a larger place

:lol yah i felt the opposite. I love the DX12. best 1/6 Batman thats been made IMO. I know some didnt like the face plates, but i like the closed mouth one. And the Bale sculpt was pretty solid as well. Had lots of accessories and a nice stand. Out of all the 1/6 Batman's I think its the best. I still want them to do 1 more of BBegins either 1/6 or 1/4 because im just not loving the EB 1/4 Batman.

Im still waiting for my MoS & Jor-El figures to arrive. Flex pays end this week finally :)

my WIP which is coming out better than I thought possible, I can't wait for Tony's cape. Be adding the grime to the symbol soon.

Don't let the pics fool you it's more darker and has more shine, more metallic as well in person. I'm going finish the symbol soon

Last edited:

Man it looks like you gave it to your dog to eat.

LMAO! Yeah, this is the "OH SNAP...damn this figure is ****ed" stage.
Everyone has to go through this stage if they are to do this mod.
It really seems like the figure is screwed, but once everything is done, its perfectly fine.

That's why it was mentioned that this mod is not for the feint of heart. :)

Man it looks like you gave it to your dog to eat.

:lol Well I haven't reglued the collar yet because it would be easier to paint without it. Don't worry once I reglue and get Tony's cape in it will even out.

Being a newbie to painting might I ask why you painted the symbol silver first?

:lol Well I haven't reglued the collar yet because it would be easier to paint without it. Don't worry once I reglue and get Tony's cape in it will even out.

Its looking good man. Hopefully you get your cape soon!

Being a newbie to painting might I ask why you painted the symbol silver first?

To give it a more metallic feel to it, when I grime it out, it will make it in tune with the movie look. The pigment is almost there. At first I tried it with just painting over the stock color but it wasn't doing it for me, it was becoming too much of an orange red.

my WIP which is coming out better than I thought possible, I can't wait for Tony's cape. Be adding the grime to the symbol soon.

Don't let the pics fool you it's more darker and has more shine, more metallic as well in person. I'm going finish the symbol soon

guyver, did you just blue the black collar to the suit, all the way around?

guyver, did you just blue the black collar to the suit, all the way around?

Actually I repainted the collar all the way around with gun metal and drybrushed blue to give it a subtle blend

Here is another good comparison of the difference in the pigment color of the symbol.

Sorry for the bad lighting, but it's crappy overcast weather here and this is the best lighting right now to tell the difference.

Last edited:

Whoops, I mean did you glue the collar all the way around?
Didn't notice I typed blue

so I have to ask because I haven't seen it mentioned since Tony did it before showing us his cape - when pulling out the under collar piece and hollowing out the upper collar piece, is it still necessary to sew the suit back together at the back? I thought I read that someone figured out you can do the collar mod without breaking the suit open, or am I wrong?

Whoops, I mean did you glue the collar all the way around?
Didn't notice I typed blue

Sorry no glue yet, wanted to set the symbol paint to par first.

A quick demo, again collar not glued yet. I can't wait for the cape soon enough. :impatient:

The color really pops out now IMO

Last edited:

so I have to ask because I haven't seen it mentioned since Tony did it before showing us his cape - when pulling out the under collar piece and hollowing out the upper collar piece, is it still necessary to sew the suit back together at the back? I thought I read that someone figured out you can do the collar mod without breaking the suit open, or am I wrong?

I used my fingers to pry the collar out, worked like a charm for me. Stitching wasn't harmed at all. no need to cut it. I'm not sure about everyone else.

I did cut the back collar though, no way around it.

Last edited:

I used my fingers to pry the collar out, worked like a charm for me. Stitching wasn't harmed at all. no need to cut it. I'm not sure about everyone else.

I did cut the back collar though, no way around it.

I'm not too shy about cutting the collar if need be, but I'm not so sure about my sewing skills if I have to stitch this thing back up.

Turns out there *was* enough room in the head to stash the battery after all.

6017D7E0-81A3-4400-BE3B-DF1EEDB8C5F7.jpg

275ABE78-538F-4826-B094-5CD96E14C869.jpg

F2498DB2-B0A9-4BCA-8AFD-09A816D5E6B2.jpg

C9A91038-13B5-44FE-8562-7C7386475063.jpg

9D134D52-FCA5-4101-A1BD-4949E11A3CB9.jpg

F022F11A-7C86-473C-9B07-C48F57FD864F.jpg

After I was finished with the mod, yes...I did sew the suit back together at the back.
Mine was glued very well so I had to unstitched the back more than halfway down his back.
I sewed it back up when I was done, didnt want the hassle of the suit looking loose cause its not stitched at the back.

The collar mod you are referring to where most people didnt have to break open the suit is the one where you only remove the bottom plastic collar.
Before Tony posted his mod, most people were doing just this cause in some cases, you dont have to unstitch the suit to remove the lower plastic collar.

There are two types of shoulder mod.
The easiest one, is the one I mentioned above in which you only remove the lower plastic collar.
The other method is removing both the upper and lower plastic collar. The lower plastic is completely removed.
The upper collar is hollowed out in the middle, and then glued back to to the suit.
This method is harder cause you do more damage to the top part of the suit,
but it is nicer cause the cape lays flatter on the shoulders.

Back