1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Finally got this guy today, pictures really don't do him justice
ja8aby6y.jpg
3yby8ydu.jpg
udevuhy4.jpg
9ybu7esa.jpg

No they do not. nice closeups and glad you like him

can everyone please do us a favor and post all your mod questions and answers in the thread for it? I hate having through go through pages to find answers lol.

Hopefully will have this guy by next week. I feel so far behind:gah:

Here is a sneak peak at a custom I am doing. He is almost finished, once I get the head done right. Any guesses who and from what scene this might be????

Just need the piping on the suit painted...im sure the trickiest part....steady steady hands only lol

Finally got this figure! The only issue I have with this figure is the leg peg is not connecting to the boot. :/ Anyone else have this same issue?

I sold the few 1/4 I have, and decided to keep just the 1/4 Eb batman and my SS captain America the first avenger.
I have two display cases perfect for 1/4.
The rest are in detolf.
But even in 1/6, I'm running out of room.
If I probably had room, I might have pulled the trigger on the MOS PF.
I was actually close to pulling the trigger for the Pf.
I was just waiting to see if ht would fix the chubby body, fortunately they did so I kept my PO.

I'm really worried though when SS releases the Pf. My will might break down once I see in hand pics. :lol
I really enjoyed the movie a lot.

Didn't you have the original Comic Cap PF?? I'm running out of room for 1/6 as well :lol my Johnny Depp collection is luckily coming to a close for me for characters of his I want to own but superman is just always happening :slap: It's tough when you want to get stuff like SS DC comic bat characters but you think of that space and you're like "Well comic superman is going to need a spot eventually" :lol

Thanks Gipetto!

I didn't do Sweeney myself, it was done by fellow board member EmmaT. And an amazing job she done too :rock

She really did! it's scary real! congrats on owning such an piece man :hi5:
LMAO! Yeah, this is the "OH SNAP...damn this figure is ****ed" stage.
Everyone has to go through this stage if they are to do this mod.
It really seems like the figure is screwed, but once everything is done, its perfectly fine.

That's why it was mentioned that this mod is not for the feint of heart. :)

That's the stage I really didn't want to get into :lol

Didn't you have the original Comic Cap PF?? I'm running out of room for 1/6 as well :lol my Johnny Depp collection is luckily coming to a close for me for characters of his I want to own but superman is just always happening :slap: It's tough when you want to get stuff like SS DC comic bat characters but you think of that space and you're like "Well comic superman is going to need a spot eventually" :lol

She really did! it's scary real! congrats on owning such an piece man :hi5:

That's the stage I really didn't want to get into :lol

Yup, the comic cap used to be one of my grail pieces.
Had a hard time selling that, It was a piece I sought after after I got my income tax.

But my collection mainly consist of movie characters, including superheroes in the big screen.
So I had to choose between comic cap and movie cap, and I like the movie cap better.

And I don't blame you for not thinking about modding yet. You just got the figure so soak it in.
I swear when I did the mod, everytime I hear the suit rip from bring peeled off the plastic collar,
It felt like I was gonna have a heart attack. Lol.
So enjoy the figure for awhile. Well, at least til the mod bug starts to bite you. :)

I managed to pry out the under collar without unstitching the back of the suit. I followed MasterMarf's suggestion and used one side of from the flat edge of a pair of tweezers. Cutting both the upper and lower collar parts at the back really helps to give you more "play" when you are using the tweezer to pry under the suit and tease it away from the under collar. Just work real slowly carefully wiggle the blunt edge side to side to pry the fabric out. For the heavily glued sections (the side and the front) I used a hairdryer and heated the general area and the tweezer a few seconds to help loosen up the glue.

For prying the under collar from the body, I just warmed up the tweezer and worked the heavily glued sections at the sides. The parts of the plastic from the body might be removed also because of they way they Hot Toys glued it.

It was a nerve-wracking mod for me to do, but as long as you are careful and work at it slowly, you shouldn't mess up the suit. This would have been a much easier mod had Hot Toys used their usual shoddy glue application methods like they did on the DX07 Bespin Luke. :lol

And i shall definitely take note! Thanks for the alternative, definitely nice to know that there is another way to at least contemplate first as i am not too fond of stitching :lol

Finally got my MOS!!!
I was really amazed at how heavy the box is. Can't wait to open him up.

bgZYjLe.jpg

That Return of Godzilla X-Plus.... :drool

Wish I had enough space for one, always wanted to make a city diorama for it if i ever did get one. Congrats on those figures, im sure you'll love godzilla and MOS Superman for sure! :hi5:

My Supes is out for delivery! About bloody time!

Bri

I'm finally getting this today from BBTS!:yess:

Back