1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Here's a few pics to contribute. I made a quick cape rig out of simple picture frame hanging wire....I just wrapped it around the post, spread it out a few inches and draped the cape on it.

Karnis these are great photos! :clap i especially love the second to last photo, the lighting on his face is perfect

Here's a few pics to contribute. I made a quick cape rig out of simple picture frame hanging wire....I just wrapped it around the post, spread it out a few inches and draped the cape on it.

:clap:clap Looks awesome! Totally stealing the wire cape rig idea when mine comes.

Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Hey Guys,

Here is my review of the Hot Toys Man of Steel Superman 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure. I have been a Superman fan since I was 4 years old and while I admit the Man of Steel movie didn't deliver on the levels that I wanted it to, I think Hot Toys blew this one out of the water. It's a gorgeous piece and it sits with pride along with my Christopher Reeve Superman.

Have a look at the review and let me know what you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imQjVQ7A0EY

Fedex has confirmed my Supes has landed in the UK. I hope he arrives tomorrow. woohoo!!

Bri

64892BAB-0702-4D58-B8EF-F499A35432DC.jpg

8B09BEA7-6868-4531-BF02-DBF7FF93CA6B.jpg

A3CD806B-5AA4-41EF-AC99-B2C91C76606B.jpg

CA56FB43-C32C-4A3C-AFF3-B3F9EDDAE64E.jpg

B0F5D5E4-1F06-4ECC-A164-A136559B4ACA.jpg

4EC33DE2-63CF-4526-9D3A-32847010EC6F.jpg

AC3C766B-8D3C-42EC-8253-D6EB43F76541.jpg

Actually she still had it on up until Jor-el changed the atmospheric composition to be comparable for humans. Hence the reason she disengaged her mask and why Kal was able to get his strength back.

Faora had hers on in the pod, which was earth air, and why Kal didn't need one aboard the drop ship. He didn't feel the effects until he boarded the main ship.

Yes, correct.

That looks amazing Bar. When can we expect the full recipe? Need parts list and how to put it together unless you are offering the gear all set up for sale? :) hint hint.

Excellent idea with the picture wire Karnis, really clever there.

Fedex has confirmed my Supes has landed in the UK. I hope he arrives tomorrow. woohoo!!

Bri

Bugs, are you managing to get away with customs, or are they going to charge you since it's Fedex?

Excellent idea with the picture wire Karnis, really clever there.

Bugs, are you managing to get away with customs, or are they going to charge you since it's Fedex?

FedEx always charge me customs mate. I got hit with a bill for two figures at once this month that was a right pain.

I usually pay between £30 - £40+ :(

Bri

Great work on the eyes mod Barry! The Clark Kent pic looks best IMO. Are you going to try to focus the light a bit more through his eyes or leave the "bleed-out" effect?

That's a great mod Barry!

Is is possible to have the light concentrated only in the eyes / pupils?

Of course. But why would you want to???

very nice work on the heat vision eyes Barry :clap

Thanks a lot.
It's just like i hoped it would be.

That looks amazing Bar. When can we expect the full recipe? Need parts list and how to put it together unless you are offering the gear all set up for sale? :) hint hint.

Lol.
The head needs dremelled till light will freely show through the eyes and cheeks.
The wiring parts are two 5mm Superbright red LEDs, soldered together, then with a wire per pole connected to a battery holder.
Very simple. Easy to do for anyone with the parts and a soldering iron.
I used blu tack inside the hollowed out head to hold the LEDS in place. I could have secured them but don't feel the need to.

9D4B44D7-DFC4-42AB-A96C-0B9B687276D3.jpg

EDE645C7-71A8-4421-A6D8-E1BEF904FA71.jpg

501093BB-F6C6-419B-B1B9-31630C76725A.jpg

53AF702F-1E27-4311-91FB-15B1FD9802DE.jpg

I humbly believe this might be HotToys finest to date. The detailing on the paint apps are amazing. Holding him in hand is awesome.

Agreed!!! I took pictures of him last night and its simply VERY hard to place this one in a bad pose! Love this thing! I'll be posting my pics later!

I still loved the movie. My favourite of this year but.....

It was a bit ironic that at the end of the day it was Lois who mostly saved the day by sending everyone back to the phantom zone with her knowledge from Jor El.
In Avengers it was Black Widow who realised about Lokis staff and she used it to send Chitauri back.
In Thor 2 it was Jane Foster who saves the day with her science geek knowledge.
Ironman 3 Pepper saves Tony

What are super powered folks for......bish bash.

Hahaha! Just goes the show that the man doesn't always where the pants in every movie! Didn't realize until your post how strong the female leads really were! :clap

Just a thought though for the Superman VS Batman movie......

I wonder if they are going to introduce kryptonite since they're bringing back Lex.
Because its not going to be a big deal if they don't....you see Kal El doesn't need kryptonite to weaken him. Lex could fabricate the spaceship's atmospherics to create some sort of building blocks eventually leading to be used as a weapon against Kal El. And that would be his kryptonite since they changed the idea of the Fortress of Solitude too.

The thing is that the Kryptonian atmosphere has no effect on humans so he can use it to study and experiment with it. Lois wore the breather only in the pod while it was travelling in space to the main ship. And upon arrival she no longer had it on aboard the main ship.

Interesting idea. I can picture something like that happening. After all, Batman will need something if he's even going to have a chance. Supes was completely dominate over Bats in JL War!

NICE!!!! :hi5:

Hey Guys,

Here is my review of the Hot Toys Man of Steel Superman 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure. I have been a Superman fan since I was 4 years old and while I admit the Man of Steel movie didn't deliver on the levels that I wanted it to, I think Hot Toys blew this one out of the water. It's a gorgeous piece and it sits with pride along with my Christopher Reeve Superman.

Have a look at the review and let me know what you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imQjVQ7A0EY

Really like your reviews! And you definitely hit the mark with this review of this fantastic figure! :rock

Is Jor El under suit darker than Supes suit? Supes suit looks more shinier.

Bri

The pics help a lot. Thanks Bar. Do you hide the wire and battery inside the head?

Of course. But why would you want to???

Thanks a lot.
It's just like i hoped it would be.

Lol.
The head needs dremelled till light will freely show through the eyes and cheeks.
The wiring parts are two 5mm Superbright red LEDs, soldered together, then with a wire per pole connected to a battery holder.
Very simple. Easy to do for anyone with the parts and a soldering iron.
I used blu tack inside the hollowed out head to hold the LEDS in place. I could have secured them but don't feel the need to.

9D4B44D7-DFC4-42AB-A96C-0B9B687276D3.jpg

EDE645C7-71A8-4421-A6D8-E1BEF904FA71.jpg

501093BB-F6C6-419B-B1B9-31630C76725A.jpg

53AF702F-1E27-4311-91FB-15B1FD9802DE.jpg

That's some real solid work there Barry. Would be doing the exact same thing with an extra head sculpt if I had superman (too many Predator figures to purchase this year).

Are you going to create/paint those transparent red veins around his eyes and cheekbones for that added realism as in the video you showed? The laser light coming through would look really great showcasing it.

Are you going to create/paint those transparent red veins around his eyes and cheekbones for that added realism as in the video you showed? The laser light coming through would look really great showcasing it.

No. The entire point for me is that when the lights are off it looks like normal.

The pics help a lot. Thanks Bar. Do you hide the wire and battery inside the head?

I could do. But I just have it hanging down the back for now.

Cool pics Karnis :clap and great work on the eyes Bar :rock

Back