1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Hey Username. I'm really interested in the headsculpt, but noticed they are only doingban unpainted version. Know anywhere I could getvit painted? I'm comfortable with doing small Business touch ups, but nothing this big.

Hey guys. There's a new company posting a Cavill head for sale on Facebook.
Interest thread and contact details in this thread(Check out the neck!!!!):

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6074482#post6074482

Looks really cool. Better than the NECA sculpt but just a hair under the HT and SS sculpts. Would be great to added some facial hair to it. I'll prolly wait for Creg's sculpts though

Hey Username. I'm really interested in the headsculpt, but noticed they are only doingban unpainted version. Know anywhere I could getvit painted? I'm comfortable with doing small Business touch ups, but nothing this big.

I asked the same thing, but for now, it's only available in grey resin and unpainted.

Looks pretty nice user. But I don't have flash on my phone, damn iPhone! What's the price tag on this? Can't see the website. And what's the difference between this and the HT one coming out? Not really a companion piece. Just for those not getting the original? Or to make a heat vision head without destroying their figure?

Looks pretty nice user. But I don't have flash on my phone, damn iPhone! What's the price tag on this? Can't see the website. And what's the difference between this and the HT one coming out? Not really a companion piece. Just for those not getting the original? Or to make a heat vision head without destroying their figure?

If I remember correctly it's $54 (or is it 57?) notwithstanding shipping.

As for its use, we'll I intend to use mine on my custom MOS and maybe a CK version... :)

Gotcha. I was just trying to figure out if it was any different. I might have to pick one up.

It looks good Barry. Possibly better than the HT we have seen so far, but that's still at proto stage so a side by side comparison (when painted) is called for. I suppose if you bought it, you could use either the original HT head or this one for a Clark Kent bash...saving the better of the two for the Superman figure.

:huh Really? I have never seen anything with better likeness than the Hot Toys one. I watched a you tube video clip and some guy said the head sculpts are nearly dead on it's a wonder if they are using lazer scans like they did for DC direct Joker. I tend to be believe that over the fact that Yulli did something as realistic as this all by her self when you look at her other figures, which are rather cartoohish, except Bank Robber Joker and possibly DX09. This sculpt looks like a totally different to the style of any of Yulli's sculpts.

When I saw the neck on it I thought it would be well worth picking up as an alternate.
Can't wait for it to be released.

Ahh so that is why you bought it, so you didn't have to see that neck joint and hence have a more realistic neck, gothca. :wink1:

Looks really cool. Better than the NECA sculpt but just a hair under the HT and SS sculpts. Would be great to added some facial hair to it. I'll prolly wait for Creg's sculpts though

Actually reminds me a lot of SSs one, I wouldn't be suprized if the artist copied it from that one.

SSPF

custom sculpt.

SSPF

custom

SSPF

Custom

Looks cool. I'd consider one if they were already painted.

:goodpost:

:lecture
Yeah then we will see which one is better.

I don't know if I think the likeness is better on that one than Hot Toys, but they nailed the expression. Very cool.

I always wonder what the point of these head sculpts are though. I mean, if you're going to have a Man of Steel Superman, people obviously are going to buy the Hot Toys version. So why would they pay another even more money for another head sculpt with a similar expression and likeness? Not dissing the new sculpt in any way, but it seems weird to me.

Was it Ulli? I didn't see that on my 'orders' page and have only just noticed it on the first page of this thread. Well, it certainly is a very good one. As is this unpainted one.

But to qualify my thought, I did say that we would need to see a side-by-side comparison shot of both completed heads before any definitive majority conclusion could be reached. Indeed, I do like them both and there really is very little in it...but just feel that this one is ever so slightly less 'pinched' in the features than the HT one. I don't know/I'm not sure if folks would quite know what I mean by that.

I don't know if I think the likeness is better on that one than Hot Toys, but they nailed the expression. Very cool.

I always wonder what the point of these head sculpts are though. I mean, if you're going to have a Man of Steel Superman, people obviously are going to buy the Hot Toys version. So why would they pay another even more money for another head sculpt with a similar expression and likeness? Not dissing the new sculpt in any way, but it seems weird to me.

Maybe because they think Hot Toys one likeness is off and want something perfect. :dunno

For me though Hot Toys one is the best head sculpt they have ever done! :yess:

Was it Ulli? I didn't see that on my 'orders' page and have only just noticed it on the first page of this thread. Well, it certainly is a very good one. As is this unpainted one.

But to qualify my thought, I did say that we would need to see a side-by-side comparison shot of both completed heads before any definitive majority conclusion could be reached. Indeed, I do like them both and there really is very little in it...but just feel that this one is ever so slightly less 'pinched' in the features than the HT one. I don't know/I'm not sure if folks would quite know what I mean by that.

Do you mean it as a slight edge or more life to it over the Hot toys one? :dunno

The custom one looks way more like Cavill than HT and SSPF.

I have never said i don't like the HT one.
I think it's great.
I want a Cavill head ASAP so that i can do a CK custom BEFORE the HT one comes out.
I like the neck line better too, but i have 4 of the HT MOS figure on order.
No-one has said they don't like the HT one.
It's a great sculpt.

I have never said i don't like the HT one.
I think it's great.
I want a Cavill head ASAP so that i can do a CK custom BEFORE the HT one comes out.
I like the neck line better too, but i have 4 of the HT MOS figure on order.
No-one has said they don't like the HT one.
It's a great sculpt.

Well my statement was not directed at you, its just people are making quite a big deal about it on facebook, like they finally got a good sculpt of Cavill.

Back