1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Well my statement was not directed at you, its just people are making quite a big deal about it on facebook, like they finally got a good sculpt of Cavill.

Well in my opinion, the rest of the sculpts so far have been rubbish.
The important thing to take from that is that the HT sculpt isn't out yet.
So that is not an issue.

Do you mean it as a slight edge or more life to it over the Hot toys one? :dunno

The HT is proportioned ever so slightly off, the features seem slightly small in relation to the head size. It is a great sculpt, and I will be thrilled with it next to our Chris and Brandon figures...but I get the impression that this new one will just edge it when finished/painted.

Last edited:

I am confused what other sculpts?

It's cool.
I meant *every product with a Henry Cavill head sculpt that has thus far been released for sale*.
None have fully captured him to me eye.
The HT will probably be the best *painted* one you will be able to lay your hands on.
But i reckon this headsculpt we are discussing right now will edge it slightly in likeness. I will just have to get a HT-like paintjob done on mine by a pro.

It's cool.
I meant *every product with a Henry Cavill head sculpt that has thus far been released for sale*.
None have fully captured him to me eye.
The HT will probably be the best *painted* one you will be able to lay your hands on.
But i reckon this headsculpt we are discussing right now will edge it slightly in likeness. I will just have to get a HT-like paintjob done on mine by a pro.

Oh like DC direct collectibles for example?

The HT is proportioned ever so slightly off, the features seem slightly small in relation to the head size. It is a great sculpt, and I will be thrilled with it next to our Chris and Brandon figures...but I get the impression that this new one will just edge it when finished/painted.

What features specifically are slightly small in relation to head size? The only problem I have with the Hot Toys one is fact that the jaw is not chiseled and too round looking, like a woman's jaw.

Yeah the proportions look fine.

Any 1/4 scale collectors here? I would love it if Hot Toys made this in 1/4 scale as I would like a big version version of this. The SSPF doesn't really do it for me.

Yeah the proportions look fine.

Not entirely sure but something about his face just seems...out of proportion somehow :dunno. It may be just me (distinct possibility) but his features just seem a little 'small' on his face. Maybe because he is frowning a little more than in that unpainted sculpt, I don't know :cuckoo:

But like I said, this a definite 'Must Buy' figure for us and I had no doubt whatsoever when it went to live PO status, we were in from the beginning and with no hesitation. We are both really eager to get it.

I know, I know...it seems contrary to be questioning aspects of the sculpt and still wanting to buy it, but I balancing this with the fact that it is only a small question, as we can both see more than enough of Mr. Cavill in there to be more than happy with the buy.

Not entirely sure but something about his face just seems...out of proportion somehow :dunno. It may be just me (distinct possibility) but his features just seem a little 'small' on his face. Maybe because he is frowning a little more than in that unpainted sculpt, I don't know :cuckoo:

Ok... I would actually think frowning would make the eyes smaller and thus, would make the features within the sculpt smaller. I actually think he appears to be frowning more on the Hot Toys one than the custom, which like I said would explain the small features.

Anyway, here is a comparison pic one between a Hot Toys sculpt and the real Cavill not frowning at all, where his eyes are noticeable larger.

man-of-steel-2.jpg

MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Judging by the description of his costume, I'm guessing his cape isn't removable?

Ok... I would actually think frowning would make the eyes smaller and thus, would make the features within the sculpt smaller. I actually think he appears to be frowning more on the Hot Toys one than the custom, which like I said would explain the small features.

Anyway, here is a comparison pic one between a Hot Toys sculpt and the real Cavill not frowning at all, where his eyes are noticeable larger.

man-of-steel-2.jpg

The 'S' on HT looked smaller than the actual moive. :lecture

Probably a bit small but it also needs to be raised almost to the collar. That might offset the size difference a bit.

The recent cons have blessed us with new pictures. :wave
I think they give a better look at the sculpt.

1003853_10151565621846581_368989229_n.jpg

480490_10151565622436581_1080208230_n.jpg

1003504_10151565622666581_942614188_n.jpg

Yeah, I like those photos better, furrowed brow not withstanding. Preorder still on.

Looks great, I would like to get this figure but still not sure as I don't collect Supes really. I liked the movie fine no matter how many people say otherwise :lol.

Back