1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Yes My Lord, you're correct.

This thread is completely worthless. Nothing but arguing about films. If it was just discussing MoS I would understand but its only fighting about this film compared to previous ones. I'll be back closer to release...

Oh yea I forgot about that part, that was great. My favorite action part of the whole film for sure.

This right here proves your opinion is invalid, to me at least. You don't even remember the best parts of the movie you are bashing. You probably haven't even seen SR since 2006 and have forgotten how dreadfully boring the movie was.

This right here proves your opinion is invalid, to me at least. You don't even remember the best parts of the movie you are bashing. You probably haven't even seen SR since 2006 and have forgotten how dreadfully boring the movie was.

No-one's opinion is invalid.
It's their OPINION...
Your opinion above is also fine. It's your opinion. It's not up to me to say your opinion is wrong because i don't agree with it. But i have my own opinions on things anyway.
My opinion is that Superman Returns is the best movie about Superman that has ever been made(And possibly that ever WILL be made, but i have my hopes high that someday someone will make one better). For reasons i won't bore anyone with(Anyone who likes SR will know what i mean anyway).

Likewise I think Username has his own opinion on SR

but that's not to say I don't think that he needs his head examining

:wink1:

Likewise I think Username has his own opinion on SR

but that's not to say I don't think that he needs his head examining

:wink1:

I have no problems with anyone not liking what i like.
I know you like Man Of Steel and while i thought it was okay in parts, my *opinion* is that it wasn't a patch on Superman Returns.
But my life doesn't revolve around Superman, and i can be friendly with people who don't like the films i like.
It's only a film, lol.
:rotfl

I have no problems with anyone not liking what i like.
I know you like Man Of Steel and while i thought it was okay in parts, my *opinion* is that it wasn't a patch on Superman Returns.
But my life doesn't revolve around Superman, and i can be friendly with people who don't like the films i like.
It's only a film, lol.

i personally think that they only way to resolve this is to meet somewhere between Manchester and wherever you are in Scotland and have this out like real men...

thumb war!!!!

THUMB WAR!!!!

thumb-war1.jpg

i personally think that they only way to resolve this is to meet somewhere between Manchester and wherever you are in Scotland and have this out like real men...

thumb war!!!!

Lol.
Real men discuss their differences over a brandy and a cigar.
And only by debate is the issue resolved.
This isn't Idiocracy you know...

Hmmm, I don't like brandy and I don't smoke

How about a nice scotch and some sherbert dip?

Maybe some of that Glenmorangie you're never going to drink...?

Hmmm, I don't like brandy and I don't smoke

How about a nice scotch and some sherbert dip?

Maybe some of that Glenmorangie you're never going to drink...?

I was just kidding. I have never tasted brandy, and have never even tried cigarettes, never mind the cigars.
But sherbet dip and a glass of diluted juice will be fine. I ca take ten minutes and explain to you why i feel Superman Returns was the best Superman movie ever.

Well I am glad you’re pretty much admitting the action in this film were the best parts. I prefer substance over style. Anyway like Username I feel the same about Superman Returns.

I was just kidding. I have never tasted brandy, and have never even tried cigarettes, never mind the cigars.
But sherbet dip and a glass of diluted juice will be fine. I ca take ten minutes and explain to you why i feel Superman Returns was the best Superman movie ever.

I actually forgot that this was about Superman Returns! lol!

MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Put me down for a round of brandy and cigars as well. Superman Returns was what all four Chris Reeve superman films wished they could do. Just my opinion of course. I have a hard time sitting through the originals. Talk about boring. Let alone the effects. I realize they were decent at the time but the only reason I actually watch them now is for the sake of nostalgia. And I saw them when they originally came out! I thought he WAS superman.

I still say there is no better scene that depicts the American icon better with apple pie in my eye dreams than the airplane catching scene. Talk about fist pumping during a movie. And I'm not speaking of the same fist pumping I do when Jennifer Anniston walks onto a screen.

Can anyone think of a better scene, in any of the superman movies, that truly defines the character of superman while performing an amazing feat of courage, strength, and morality?

I don't think so.

The airplane scene is the only redeeming part in the movie. I often put SR on watch the plane scene and turn the movie off, one of the best Superman scenes ever, if not the best.

Put me down for a round of brandy and cigars as well. Superman Returns was what all four Chris Reeve superman films wished they could do. Just my opinion of course. I have a hard time sitting through the originals. Talk about boring. Let alone the effects. I realize they were decent at the time but the only reason I actually watch them now is for the sake of nostalgia. And I saw them when they originally came out! I thought he WAS superman.

I still say there is no better scene that depicts the American icon better with apple pie in my eye dreams than the airplane catching scene. Talk about fist pumping during a movie. And I'm not speaking of the same fist pumping I do when Jennifer Anniston walks onto a screen.

Can anyone think of a better scene, in any of the superman movies, that truly defines the character of superman while performing an amazing feat of courage, strength, and morality?

I don't think so.
Whilst I completely disagree with you regarding Superman: The Movie and to a lesser extent Superman II. I wholeheartedly agree that the airplane sequence in Returns was by far the best Superman "superhero" scene yet committed to film (or video).

I loved a lot of Returns, especially Routh and the music. A lot of it was just ok, Bosworth, Spacey (not his fault). But my biggest issues with it are technical: The visual FX are really ropey in places, amazing in others.
That flying sequence at the end with the digital Routh head nearly ruined the entire movie for me. That and the weird color timing/grade all the way through. They had technical issues with the newly developed HD cams I believe. If you watch the scene on the street outside the Planet when Supes flies by, peoples faces are actually half blue and brown.

Weird ****. I still rate it though.

Back