1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe this has been answered a dozen times before, but--has anyone ever tried putting a Christopher Reeve head on the Cavill Superman figure? I just wonder how it would look, with Chris wearing a badass modern Superman outfit.

33AB2AE0-2752-4DBC-91B4-F516231266F3.jpg

C1683A62-FFA1-4B78-A977-090B5599B37D.jpg

DAFAB156-7C81-4191-94A7-016E0B7B1D34.jpg

4ADC1856-6AC1-494F-8EC3-D2EF5D55FBCA.jpg

A9892EB4-96F3-48B6-8517-D585C5FB3B7D.jpg

B1F7EAF6-24D9-45A2-A19D-6A03A7C5984D.jpg

Oh my God that's the most awesome thing I've ever seen.

That's exactly the Superman I want for my collection. EXACTLY. The Cavill body gives Reeve more height, a better musculature, and the more modern material and muted colors of the costume would allow him to fit in better with all the other Hot Toys superheroes who, except for Spider-Man, pretty much all have modern outfits. Bravo!

Oh my God that's the most awesome thing I've ever seen.

That's exactly the Superman I want for my collection. EXACTLY. The Cavill body gives Reeve more height, a better musculature, and the more modern material and muted colors of the costume would allow him to fit in better with all the other Hot Toys superheroes who, except for Spider-Man, pretty much all have modern outfits. Bravo!

No worries. We did that head swap the day i modded my Brother's MOS collar and cape. I have a Reeve on my desk at work anyway, so we did the head swap just for pics.

it does look awesome. However, I think it clearly shows some ppl's biased to Reeve. Not saying anyone who just commented said these words before but I just think back to when the Cavill was announced and the suit was first revealed and the uproar that went along with both. Suit gets revealed and it sucks...put Reeve's head on it, it's amazing! :lol

I don't remember seeing this pic - but he looks awesome in that suit. :clap

Thanks. It was posted a while back. But it never gets old.

it does look awesome. However, I think it clearly shows some ppl's biased to Reeve. Not saying anyone who just commented said these words before but I just think back to when the Cavill was announced and the suit was first revealed and the uproar that went along with both. Suit gets revealed and it sucks...put Reeve's head on it, it's amazing! :lol

I like Cavill just fine. But like many of a certain age group, Reeve is synonymous with the role, so will always embody the Man Of Steel in a larger than life way.
Nothing against Cavill.
But a simple headswap can still be quite a powerful thing.

I'm in the same boat as Username--I have nothing against Cavill and I think he was a fine choice to play Superman. But Reeve IS Superman for me. I saw the first Superman movie in the theaters when I was ten and from that moment on, Reeve was my Superman.

Also, I really prefer my Supermen to be decent, honorable, and good, and when I watched the fight in Metropolis in Man of Steel, I was wondering if Cavill's Superman would ever get around to considering just how many people must have been dying down there. Contrast that with Reeve in Superman 2, who spent most of his fight with Zod and friends trying to keep people from getting hurt. Superman, for me, doesn't work as a modern "angsty, badass" superhero. Give me a smiling Chris Reeve any day.

I like Cavill just fine. But like many of a certain age group, Reeve is synonymous with the role, so will always embody the Man Of Steel in a larger than life way.
Nothing against Cavill.
But a simple headswap can still be quite a powerful thing.

I'm in the same boat as Username--I have nothing against Cavill and I think he was a fine choice to play Superman. But Reeve IS Superman for me. I saw the first Superman movie in the theaters when I was ten and from that moment on, Reeve was my Superman.

Also, I really prefer my Supermen to be decent, honorable, and good, and when I watched the fight in Metropolis in Man of Steel, I was wondering if Cavill's Superman would ever get around to considering just how many people must have been dying down there. Contrast that with Reeve in Superman 2, who spent most of his fight with Zod and friends trying to keep people from getting hurt. Superman, for me, doesn't work as a modern "angsty, badass" superhero. Give me a smiling Chris Reeve any day.

I agree with both posts. I thoroughly enjoy MoS and though Cavill did a great job with the role. It's easy to forget, it's a slightly different story of Superman. Still a good story, just different.

That being said, one movie can't compare with 4 movies (yes I know IV was bad) of Reeve playing the part to perfection.

Joining the band wagon. I saw the movie when I was young but in the 90s. I wasn't quite fond of it, but Reeve had some great moments, like when he was first flying through the sky with Lois. Being older now with a different perspective, and watched the first two Reeve Superman films, they're great and Reeve is indeed Superman. The films have their short comings, but I like Reeve as a whole.

Cavill is a worthy successor, and MOS isn't terrible, but it is bad. It tried way too hard to be this huge epic scale film, and honestly forgot what made Superman the real man of steel we know. I can deal with a darker take on a hero like with The Amazing Spider-Man if it still stays true to the character, but frankly, MOS didn't work and wasn't true to Superman. I saw no real hope, a Superman who while decent didn't represent the good that he stands for (he's way too similar to Batman at times, which is a deal breaker), a lot of scenes are just incredibly questionable from everything with John Kent to the apparent Jesus allegories, and it goes on. I still like how it goes at times, but it was a missed opportunity.

That said, I do want to buy this figure sometime, but I'm not sure when.

Nothing against Cavill.
But a simple head swap can still be quite a powerful thing.
yea that's part of it right there.

that's why they killed him off in the first place. ppl were tired of the smiley too good big blue. sales were the lowest they'd ever been.

Regarding the ppl of metropolis dying, there are supposed to be repercussions for that in the next film along with killing zod. I think one thing ppl forget is this was a becoming superman and he's not superman until the end of the film when his mom asks him what he wants to do and he decides he wants to be at the daily planet so he can know where to be
Joining the band wagon. I saw the movie when I was young but in the 90s. I wasn't quite fond of it, but Reeve had some great moments, like when he was first flying through the sky with Lois. Being older now with a different perspective, and watched the first two Reeve Superman films, they're great and Reeve is indeed Superman. The films have their short comings, but I like Reeve as a whole.
I watched it in the 90s as well got bored and fell asleep before he even became superman :lol I'd had rather (and still do) prefer to watch the Max Fleischer cartoons or the George Reeves TV show than the Reeve movies but I know I'm in the minority

:lol

I know man...tie my noose already and get it over with lol

Listen to the quote my good man.
It said "Destroy him!"
So great is the weight of your heresy, you shall be rendered limb from limb, skin from bone, bone from joint, bone into pulp and flesh shredded.
The pieces shall be burned until only fine dust remains, and that shall be ground into even finer powder, put inside an airtight chest made from two tonnes of lead and dropped to the bottom of the Marianas trench where you shall reside next to the remains of Megatron.

:rotfl

I did a little repose today. I had him in a simple standing pose with the clenched fist since he was released. With out question i immediately noticed that his suit feels a bit more lose and not as taught in his body. Its not baggy anywhere but theres no doubt a change in the feel of the suit. If it doesnt change anymore thats ok but im worried itll get baggy or even dry out eventually.

Listen to the quote my good man.
It said "Destroy him!"
So great is the weight of your heresy, you shall be rendered limb from limb, skin from bone, bone from joint, bone into pulp and flesh shredded.
The pieces shall be burned until only fine dust remains, and that shall be ground into even finer powder, put inside an airtight chest made from two tonnes of lead and dropped to the bottom of the Marianas trench where you shall reside next to the remains of Megatron.

:rotfl
:lol

however, if I'm not mistaken, i believe Zod says "Destroy IT!" meaning Clark's space ship :wink1:

unless I've downgraded from person to "it" now :monkey2:

Are you taking orders for the wired cape yet Tony? Where is the list? I need to paypal you now.

Back