1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Finally got around to installing Tony's cape, man it's sooooo much better

6yheva6a.jpg

I kind of like superman with a museum pose. He looks majestic as hell given how tall he is.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

For those with who have used the shorter pegs, is the ankle articulation unaffected?

I did the Tony Meis cape conversion on my Brother's MOS today(Took two hours), and on mine(Took 11 minutes).
The reason for the length of time was that he documented every step with several pics, so he could put together a video of it later.
Here is mine. Cape to cape in 11 minutes.
Can't wait to see the vide Barry :clap
So, i've made the MoS mod with the stock cape, it's better now.

971654_633712900015650_1836675645_n.jpg

Looks awesome! that may sway me to do the mod since it's keeping the stock cape

Can't wait to see the vide Barry :clap

Man, I wanna do the mod as well, but I'm so scared that I'll ruin the damn thing. Never done any mod ever. :(

Nah museum poses are boring to me, why would you pay so much money on something to just stand there, also my backgrounds are black so you can't see any of the flight stands :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why do you have black backgrounds? And how in the hell do they hide the fact that there is a ginormous black flight pole supporting your figure? :lol

A natural "museum" style pose adds to the overall realism while most of the time extreme poses just tend to make an expensive figure look more "toy" like.

I agree man. I never even took my MOS stand out of the box & used a boring TT stand. No worries :)

Yeah I did the same thing, TT stand is the way to go.

I kind of like superman with a museum pose. He looks majestic as hell given how tall he is.

:exactly:

The suit seems to stretch a bit too. Like if you have him in a flying pose with the knee bent then straighten it back up it leaves wrinkles in the suit.

Unless the boots are easy to get off you could pull the leg material back down into the boot?

I might just leave it in a flying pose and live with the damage it does, it's too cool not to.

Can't wait to see the vid Barry

I will tell him to get it done. He'll be at work today, but with luck he can throw the thing together in a few days in his spare time.

You can do the mod and use the normal cape. I did that on the custom "shorter" one i have. Did the collar mod and just put the normal cape back on.

5CA92258-712E-4395-9AD5-3A1EE84D77BB.jpg

53804323-8FE7-4B2C-AC51-41A0E15FB3FA.jpg

To each his own. Whether you prefer dynamic poses or you keep your figures in "boring" museum poses, no need to sound condescending about it. Both types of display can kick *** given proper futzing.

Not so big a collection on display. But these are definitely my favorite pieces. Sorry for the crappy pictures of a phone camera. Haha.

qusubu3y.jpg

Dirty ****ing flying stand ruined my suit, left indentation in it!

Place him on a normal stand for a few days and the dents slowly disappear. That's what I did. Solved.

Apologies for quoting an older photo, Barry. Haven't visited the thread for a while. Great job on the body swap. Question, though: are the "belt" and "buckle attached on to the stock body with studs like how the chest emblem was? Thanks!

Apologies for quoting an older photo, Barry. Haven't visited the thread for a while. Great job on the body swap. Question, though: are the "belt" and "buckle attached on to the stock body with studs like how the chest emblem was? Thanks!

No. I chopped the little studs off the chest emblem and the belt.

Dirty ****ing flying stand ruined my suit, left indentation in it!

Noticed the other day it did on mine too :censored. I think it depends on where you clamp it at because I had it high, right under his pecks, and it left a mark. After I noticed it I moved it down more in the middle of his torso for a couple days and it is fine. But just to be safe I have him just standing free on the S now.

Even though I have still to get him I have already decided to invest in normal stand for him and that stock stand can stay in the box.

To many 'marks on suits' stories for my likening.

Why do you have black backgrounds? And how in the hell do they hide the fact that there is a ginormous black flight pole supporting your figure? :lol

A natural "museum" style pose adds to the overall realism while most of the time extreme poses just tend to make an expensive figure look more "toy" like.

Yeah I did the same thing, TT stand is the way to go.

:exactly:

Why not?, backgrounds hide wires etc from been seen!

Have you seen some flying poses... or poses in general? they make a figure 100 times better in most cases, see the Terminator or Iron Man threads.

If your just gonna get a figure for a museum pose why not just buy a statue?

Back