Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do not get me wrong I happen to think the regular MVII is the best Iron Man yet by quite some margin. All the gubbins you can interchange is just wicked and the finishing is just sweet.

But how many Avengers specific Iron Mans does one need? He wears the MVI for most of the movie and we see the clean MVII very little and the BD very much in the end and on the poster.

What I am going to do is weigh it all up when the Mark42 comes out.

With all the great new figures coming out, one has to be diciplined and economical.

The term 'one' is not use often enough I feel!

Congrats on getting one! Such a great figure.

I do feel my regular Mark VII is a bit redundant now depite being another super pimp figure.

dude, i never told you this, but evrytime i see one of your post and i see your default pic, i can hear the simpsons jesus voice reading your comment.

You definitely have to do what's good for the budgey, what fits in the collection, what fits in the space, etc. but I feel that both VIIs are very different figs when you fix them up the right way. Both are staying here for sure

After getting the BD version, the reg version feels, less important now... imo more than likly because I had to move the reg version down to the bottom shelf to make room; if i had to pick one, i'd go with the BD version; it feels more real "movieish" than the clean version, which looks like a pretty 3d render

Well, there's lots of people here willing to take it off your hands for a fair price.

i bet. sell at a fair price and the buyer may flip it himself. i sell at market value because i don't personally know anyone here to extend such a discount and be assured it won't end up on ebay lining someone else's pockets.

Do not get me wrong I happen to think the regular MVII is the best Iron Man yet by quite some margin. All the gubbins you can interchange is just wicked and the finishing is just sweet.

But how many Avengers specific Iron Mans does one need? He wears the MVI for most of the movie and we see the clean MVII very little and the BD very much in the end and on the poster.

What I am going to do is weigh it all up when the Mark42 comes out.

With all the great new figures coming out, one has to be diciplined and economical.

The term 'one' is not use often enough I feel!

Agreed on the economical approach. Avengers 2 and 3 will likely have 2 costumes per film. Years down the line, how many Iron Men will you actually still want?

Agreed on the economical approach. Avengers 2 and 3 will likely have 2 costumes per film. Years down the line, how many Iron Men will you actually still want?

I think that we're at least 2 years away from seeing an Avengers 2 armor and I don't think he's appearing in any other crossover until then

Finally received mine. I know I am just repeating what every one else has all ready said, but this figure is amazing! I was on the fence about whether to keep it or sell it, but keeping it was definitely the right choice. Plus Sideshow send me a free figure of Angelica. I don't actually collect anything from the Pirates of the Caribbean films, but hey a free figure is a free figure. I'll throw it up on the shelf. Maybe someday I'll buy Jack, and I throw him up there with her.

Meanwhile..... This guy is really growing on me!

null_zps03824d26.jpg

null_zps4985f8b6.jpg

Because they're using Angelica figures as fire wood. :exactly:

That can't be it. . . Sideshow said it was because I was awesome!

I chose to believe Sideshow thinks I am awesome, it can't be that they are overstocked with firewood in the shape of Angelica. :rotfl

Seriously though, free is free. May throw it up on the shelf, may keep it in the box. Not sure yet. My collection is pretty much DC and Marvel.

Back