Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you'd rather loose a customer that can Net you about $1000 - $2500 a year plus word of mouth business for a quick $300 after you told said customer you would sell him the figure? Thats not a business decision thats greed.

Happened to me once, was buying a Loki off a shop in, retailed at €200 everywhere and then the price sky rocketed on eBay due to demand so he decided to try and make a quick buck and told me he would sell me it for €300... Never went near the store since, now I do all my business in Forbidden Planet, say I've spend about €1000 in a few months, money that other shop lost due to his greed.

So you'd rather loose a customer that can Net you about $1000 - $2500 a year plus word of mouth business for a quick $300 after you told said customer you would sell him the figure? Thats not a business decision thats greed.

100% agreed. My "local" LCS (40 minutes away) quoted me $229 for Black Widow over the phone. When I got there he says "hang on, prices on these change all the time, $229 may have just been the website price" and gets on the computer. I basically said that I just called and he gave me that price. Eventually he sold it to me for that price, but on the reciept he marked it up to $400 and discounted it back to $229. I respect him for making good on the original price, but it was just shady. Never went back.

I can see selling for "ebay prices" if your an individual seller or operate a buisness solely on ebay. But if you have a storefront, local buisness is your livlihood. I would never screw a local customer walking in my front door just to make an ebay sale.

Its a stupid Business decision cause unless you were just running an Ebay store you depend on returning customers and ****ing those customers for some quick stupid cash is dumb. The ROI of the customer is so much grater than that of a Single figure sold once.

It's totally shooting yourself in the foot, because it drives your customers to the internet to buy things instead of from your store.

It's one thing to have other people sell stuff online and your customers buy from them instead of you but to sell your own stuff online instead of the store is crazy. No more store... No more customer loyalty.

People buy items from stores for the customer service and the warmer, friendlier, more personable experience. People shop online to get the best price or because they have no other way of getting something.

The better the experience of online buying, the less people will buy in a store. To encourage people to buy online instead of going into your store (where they could buy other stuff on impulse) is self sabotage.

Stuff like that has ruined local shops, I was looking at some comics at a shop near me and asked how much they were, I then proceeded to wait 10 mins while the shop owners wife looked each one up on Ebay, Needless to say I didn't buy anything.... If I wanted to pay the prices on Ebay I would have just bought them on Ebay... It really takes the fun out of finding a good deal (something I very much enjoy)

Stuff like that has ruined local shops, I was looking at some comics at a shop near me and asked how much they were, I then proceeded to wait 10 mins while the shop owners wife looked each one up on Ebay, Needless to say I didn't buy anything.... If I wanted to pay the prices on Ebay I would have just bought them on Ebay... It really takes the fun out of finding a good deal (something I very much enjoy)

Apparently she was never showed the Overstreet Guide.

HA! EXACT same thing happened to me at a local comic shop.

i called and asked how much their HT Hawkeye was. They said $199 or whatever it originally was at retail. so i drive up there, which is a 45 minute drive for me, and when i get there i take it to the register. the guy looks at it long and hard, tells me to hold on and gets out his phone to look up ebay. He then says, this is priced wrong. the correct price is $349. i wanted to take his head and put it through the register. instead i smacked his face as hard as i could and just walked out while he was busy looking for his glasses. I felt his teeth rattle when i planted him. He still doesnt know what happened. LOL.

HA! EXACT same thing happened to me at a local comic shop.

i called and asked how much their HT Hawkeye was. They said $199 or whatever it originally was at retail. so i drive up there, which is a 45 minute drive for me, and when i get there i take it to the register. the guy looks at it long and hard, tells me to hold on and gets out his phone to look up ebay. He then says, this is priced wrong. the correct price is $349. i wanted to take his head and put it through the register. instead i smacked his face as hard as i could and just walked out while he was busy looking for his glasses. I felt his teeth rattle when i planted him. He still doesnt know what happened. LOL.

Wow man! You are one though hombre!
I want to be like you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

GrandpaSimpson.gif

I'm thinking of selling my IM Mark VII and replace it with this guy. You guys think I might get lucky and score one of these guys for $500?

i think it's funny how the ones that didn't bother not only ordering, but not getting on the waitlist are complaining about the aftermarket. you guys must be new or something. ALWAYS preorder, especially the rare and anticipated figures and you won't get screwed on the secondary market. my waitlist converted so i'm in belief the system works even if you don't get a 'T' order before sellout.

I'm thinking of selling my IM Mark VII and replace it with this guy. You guys think I might get lucky and score one of these guys for $500?

I don't consider it lucky or scoring if you have to pay nearly double the retail for a figure that released less than a month ago.

I don't consider it lucky or scoring if you have to pay nearly double the retail for a figure that released less than a month ago.

I think MrHector is a new collector like me. I just got into the Hobby in June of this year. When I tried to get on the wait list it says no shipping to U.S. I called SSC and they told me when a pre order wait list gets to a certain point they stop shipping to that region. She told me if I had an address in the EU then I would be able to get put on the wait list. MY only option was to buy one for 520 from a member here....

All I'm saying is don't forget us new collectors that never had a chance. Now I pre order everything I want to own. This way I don't have to pay the secondary market prices.

I think MrHector is a new collector like me. I just got into the Hobby in June of this year. When I tried to get on the wait list it says no shipping to U.S. I called SSC and they told me when a pre order wait list gets to a certain point they stop shipping to that region. She told me if I had an address in the EU then I would be able to get put on the wait list. MY only option was to buy one for 520 from a member here....

All I'm saying is don't forget us new collectors that never had a chance. Now I pre order everything I want to own. This way I don't have to pay the secondary market prices.

I'm fairly new too. I missed on the Mark VI Movie promo as well. But just because I missed on him, does not mean I have to pay a premium just to join the party. Screw that.

There will be more armors in the future. That's just common sense.

$550 for a figure that had a retail sticker of $295 is not a deal, NEVER.

And this comes from someone who might be considered by some, a "scalper".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Being new to the hobby or a veteran collector really has nothing to do with my post.

Got mine today! MISB, sealed brown shipped! I am literally speechless; this figure is utterly amazing and wow the base is huge! Pictures do not do this figure justice WOW JUST WOW!

Back