Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are all too funny bickering back and forth. :panic: I explained in earlier posts that I'm a new collector as of June this year. No way for me to get on the Pre order or even the wait list. I just paid the aftermarket price of 520.00 shipped from a fellow member on this board. I cant wait till he ships it to me tomorrow.

Keep posting pics guys....He looks great :wave

PS: Eamon I cant wait for your next HotToycast to come out......Great show....

Finally got around to setting mine up last night - LOVE IT. The base is HUGE and the darker matte finish of the paint app really sells the look and makes the figure standout from the regular Mark VII. The sculpt is amazing as well. Happy to see my Mech Test Tony has finally been outdone by the BD Mark VII sculpt.

After loving the promo pics, then being underwhelmed by the convention pics, I'm really enjoying this guy overall and happy that my WL converted.

For those wondering, I got on the waitlist within about 30 minutes of it opening up.

Lol.
Thanks.
I still have one with your name on it for a Tumbler...

It's a grand figure.
I managed to dig out the old Sideshow promo image.

BDMKVII.jpg

:rotfl:clap:lol:hi5::goodpost: That's hysterical!

Box arrived, did not use the pack out option so the shipping box is a little battered and they decided to place the labels all over but no biggy I guess as the inner box is fine and undamaged apart from a very minor dent in the corner. Since I am not intending on selling this for a profit for the foreseeable future its not a major issue for me and i doubt it will be to someone who actually wants the figure should I ever choose to sell it.

20131017_181831_RichtoneHDR_zpsaf7a3946.jpg

20131017_181847_RichtoneHDR_zpsa998d6dd.jpg

20131017_181859_RichtoneHDR_zpsf4d7733c.jpg

Some pictures of the figure
20131017_195046_RichtoneHDR_zps70ddd0e9.jpg

20131017_195328_RichtoneHDR_zps20ac81ef.jpg

20131017_195356_RichtoneHDR_zps91c2006d.jpg

20131017_200243_RichtoneHDR_zpsd4ef87e8.jpg

20131017_200442_RichtoneHDR_zps59b8bfcf.jpg

20131017_200716_RichtoneHDR_zpsa90e5038.jpg

20131017_200401_RichtoneHDR_zps5f55514e.jpg

...then being underwhelmed by the convention pics...

This comment reminds me... anyone have any comparison pics between the finished product and the various convention pics that had everyone freaking out? It'd be interesting to see how far off the convention model was, seeing as how most of us believed there was no way it could have been a representation of the real deal.

:rotfl:clap:lol:hi5::goodpost: That's hysterical!

Thank you, thank you, i'm here all week!

This comment reminds me... anyone have any comparison pics between the finished product and the various convention pics that had everyone freaking out? It'd be interesting to see how far off the convention model was, seeing as how most of us believed there was no way it could have been a representation of the real deal.

See here:

took this earlier on.

cqW7206.jpg

Thank you, thank you, i'm here all week!

See here:

Wow... that is incredibly NOT EVEN CLOSE to what we are getting as the final product. You were spot on with your previous assumptions that this was just a poorly painted Mark VII stand in... good work, sir:clap.

Mine just arrived!! I'm screwed for space and since ill be getting monger next week I have no idea where I'm putting all these guys. Still got im3 stark sitting in his box:monkey2

Well, UPS is gay and didn't leave my package. Must be a new UPS guy because my regular guy will leave my packages on my porch. So now I'm jumping thru hoops just to go pick it up tonight from the UPS store. I hate that SS puts the stipulations on their packages.

attachment.php

Here's mine using the superman base. The light in his right hand is really dim compare to the left. Battery issue?

Just get yourself a new set of batteries and pop them in.
And good thinking with the base. Looks great.

Wow... that is incredibly NOT EVEN CLOSE to what we are getting as the final product. You were spot on with your previous assumptions that this was just a poorly painted Mark VII stand in... good work, sir:clap.

Lol, i knew it all along.
They would have had a riot on their hands if they sold us that one for $300.
:rotfl

attachment.php

Here's mine using the superman base. The light in his right hand is really dim compare to the left. Battery issue?

That base looks really good with this figure. Honestly I wish that Hulk came with a base like that or the base that came with the BD Mark VII just bigger with a couple more dead soldiers or something

Back