Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does this seem a little light on accessories? It dosen't have the removable leg, chest or shoulder parts? Just seems like a shame.

Does look fantastic - I'd love to see it with the Stark head on.

It was never meant to have those parts.
It's the suit from when Tony comes back through the wormhole with no ordnance packs.

Does this seem a little light on accessories? It dosen't have the removable leg, chest or shoulder parts? Just seems like a shame.

Does look fantastic - I'd love to see it with the Stark head on.

It's shown in the video towards the end. Yes it's light on accessories but the headsculpt and base make up for that. This figure is based on after Stark exits the wormhole. All boosters and weapons have been jettisoned.

Countdown in five days...I hate paying CA tax on my toys, but knowing the high possibility it will be here Friday makes the extra $24 so worth it...

It was never meant to have those parts.
It's the suit from when Tony comes back through the wormhole with no ordnance packs.

It's shown in the video towards the end. Yes it's light on accessories but the headsculpt and base make up for that. This figure is based on after Stark exits the wormhole. All boosters and weapons have been jettisoned.

That's fair enough but wouldn't the additional options be good? Considering how rare and therefore expensive the figure it, I feel HT could have included those additional parts.

Personally, I'm not bothered because I'm never going to buy this but those who do buy it might like those extra options.

Essentially it's less figure with limited display options for more money.

That's fair enough but wouldn't the additional options be good? Considering how rare and therefore expensive the figure it, I feel HT could have included those additional parts.

Personally, I'm not bothered because I'm never going to buy this but those who do buy it might like those extra options.

Essentially it's less figure with limited display options for more money.

I totally get what your saying and I agree but the whole point of this figure is its "movie accuracy" if you will. He had no extra armor in this scene that the figure is based on and basically your paying for the enhanced damage, new and possibly the best hs and the sick new base. If you wanted all that extra stuff the regular mk 7 has it and its cheaper and easier to find so it seems like a non problem. Plus he's apparently super rare so I guess your paying more for that too but trust me I think 250 would have been the right price for what your getting hear and if he was anymore it would have been a tough sell for me.

It's kind of funny if you think about it. If we had ordered a regular mark VII and gotten a damaged one we would be complaining and calling Hot Toys all kinds of names. Yet here we are paying more for a damaged version just because it's "limited". I see a lot on eBay right now so how limited is this? I know what hot toys has said, but how hard is it to crank out more figures when you paid so much for the license?

I really want one but not at 800 bucks. I'll probably just get NECA's 1/4 BD Mark 7 to display cause it looks pretty cool. I may just get the regular Mark 7 since it's a more affordable. If you can call 350 more affordable...

I really want one but not at 800 bucks. I'll probably just get NECA's 1/4 BD Mark 7 to display cause it looks pretty cool. I may just get the regular Mark 7 since it's a more affordable. If you can call 350 more affordable...

For $100 the Neca 1/4 is pretty awesome

Anyone have one for trade? *Wink*

I would imagine there will be a fair percentage of buyers who want to use it as trade fodder or to outright sell it.
But it will command a hefty price.
The hype before it even went up for preorder was majestic, even for this forum.
The only thing even close to it is the Midas, but not everyone wants that.
This one is in a league of it's own.
If you are trading for it, it will likely cost you about $600 to $800 worth of trade items, i reckon.

Back