Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photo by 楊博凱 on FHC

Makes me wish they would do a full BD version of War Machine Mark 1.

1378815_525677037506834_1121700542_n.jpg

This picture shows exactly how much battle damage this figure has. And I think it look awesome. I think some of the pic we see are too close up. Closer than we can even see in hand. Especially the close up HS pics.

When is Midas going up for order? Is he supposed to be as limited as this one?

No one knows.

But I'm guessing it will still be a couple of weeks at least, maybe even near the end of October or early November. Hoping that it will be in SS warehouse once it does go up for order though.

And I think Midas will be easier to get than the BD Mark VII. Again this is all pure speculation on my part.

This pic gives me a relief. I can't wait to get mine.
This looks great!
With HT, you can't rely on marketing or proto pics anymore. They add so much lighting effects, contrast and other perks, that makes the figure looks amazingly beautiful! Also, sometimes the HS are shown before fully license approval, so we end up with a slightly different product. Not to mention, the proto is hand made while the finished product is machine made, thus why looks less alive, the sculpt. I know, you all knew this, lol.
This figure still looks great and its LED nature will just push it higher in $$. Heck even figures that aren't as popular and were available in much quantities, just for being Hot Toys tend to cost $$. Sucks

For all those who complain about $700 Ironman BD, that's nothing..many times hot toys figures have been going over $800 if they're rare or limited, plus nobody is making them buy this figure, people voluntarily buy them on ebay. Just don't understand why toy collectors get upset. If money is an issue to you, you should not be in this hobby. There are plenty of 1/6 figures at Walmart that you can afford. Reality check, HOT TOYS are expensive. If I made $15 Hr, I would not buy these figures. Please stop whining about high prices. Thanks!

For all those who complain about $700 Ironman BD, that's nothing..many times hot toys figures have been going over $800 if they're rare or limited, plus nobody is making them buy this figure, people voluntarily buy them on ebay. Just don't understand why toy collectors get upset. If money is an issue to you, you should not be in this hobby. There are plenty of 1/6 figures at Walmart that you can afford. Reality check, HOT TOYS are expensive. If I made $15 Hr, I would not buy these figures. Please stop whining about high prices. Thanks!

As much as I hate imaginary rich guys on a message board (like this DB) with only 50 posts, he's got a point... To an extent. Look at the ridiculous prices the 1/4 HT Bats is fetching at this early stage. It's unreal. And he wasn't even all THAT limited like this guy.

Expect to pay top $$ for this dude.

If you have a mark VII already, seriously, you should be set. Unless you are rich like Xenu here.

For all those who complain about $700 Ironman BD, that's nothing..many times hot toys figures have been going over $800 if they're rare or limited, plus nobody is making them buy this figure, people voluntarily buy them on ebay.
Well, I've been following Hot Toys figures for a long time, and there weren't very many to reach that mark for any sustained period of time. The first (and really odd looking) Michael Jackson, a couple of the old Predators at one time, unopened Power Loaders now and again. . .

The value of these will go down once they start appearing in collectors' hands and showing up in force on Ebay.

Well, I've been following Hot Toys figures for a long time, and there weren't very many to reach that mark for any sustained period of time. The first (and really odd looking) Michael Jackson, a couple of the old Predators at one time, unopened Power Loaders now and again. . .

The value of these will go down once they start appearing in collectors' hands and showing up in force on Ebay.

Yeah, that hasn't been the case for rare figures, and prices seem to spike when it gets in the hands of collectors for the first time, just not going to argue with anyone...believe what you like

Last edited:

Hey bud, you should not be knocking anybody's income. People complain because that's not the price point some of these figures should be at, scalpers are the ones that mark up these ridiculous prices, and some collectors can get them due to other priorities. Some these guys are good guys, they have a right to complain if they want, just because you got money falling out of your @$$ doesn't mean you can dictate what people should be or not be into.

Could you sound any more like a huge prick? Saying something is ok costing triple what its worth on the secondary market and people should stop whining about it and insulting peoples hourly wages is not only ignorant and stupid but you just sound like a pompous *** hat. Also what is it with you people and justifying things costing more money than they are worth as being cool or making you sophisticated for owning it? Wow your cool cause you spent a ton on toys.:cuckoo:

I'm gunna quote Thor here from the Avengers talking about all of this arguing "You people are so petty and tiny" :)

Its supply and demand, in an open market.. for a limited edition.. Previous limited edition Iron Man figures continue to command a premium price in the aftermarket, not because of sellers but because of buyers, who continue to pay those high prices.

Certain figures are just destined to become grail pieces for some collectors.. its part of the allure of the hobby.. if you could pick up anything for $49 whenever you wanted, it wouldn't be nearly as fun / addictive.

He clearly came here to flex what he thinks are his muscles or just to start trouble. Maybe its a 2nd account for someone banned...

He started by telling me I didn't know what I was talking about when quoting prices and when proven wrong, wasn't man enough to even admit it or apologize.

Back