Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends what you paid for your Mk7. If you paid retail, yes. If you paid like $350+, it's less of a good deal.

But i would probably do it. I've thought about trying to upgrade my EX Mk7 to the BD version myself.

Depends what you paid for your Mk7. If you paid retail, yes. If you paid like $350+, it's less of a good deal.

But i would probably do it. I've thought about trying to upgrade my EX Mk7 to the BD version myself.

Same here. Thought about upgrading too for a bit and now I just bit the bullet and bought one off of Ebay. $549 with free ship.

Not "screen accurate" but they look good together IMO
na3a4yva.jpg

Yeah, I hear you. I always watch the arms if I bend them and I tend to not have them bent for too long on my regular mark VII. The BD one does look incredible. Thanks for the input!

Yeah, I didn't have him in the pose for very long. I just have to be careful with the plastic rubbing against the rubber inside.

Does anyone know if it should be ok as long as I don't make the tear bigger?

Also, I had fun editing one of my photos. I like to call this one "Saint Tony"

Last edited:
Yeah, I didn't have him in the pose for very long. I just have to be careful with the plastic rubbing against the rubber inside.

Does anyone know if it should be ok as long as I don't make the tear bigger?

Also, I had fun editing one of my photos. I like to call this one "Saint Tony"

(in creepy church chanting voice) RDJ has come, RDJ has risen, RDJ will come again.:rotfl

The real way to make your background purely solid black is really simple. Don't need to waste money on expensive velvet or move the figure 5 to 7 feet away (not everyone has the luxury of that much space).

The reason the black is muddy is because light it hitting it. The key is to make sure no light is hitting the background. You need to 'cut' any lights that is spilling into the background. It is what we do in movies or tv shows.

You block out any access light by strategically wrapping black paper on the lights itself.

Done right, you can have the figure within two feet of the background and it will still be solid black.

Thanks for the tips!
You guys like my new display? :yess:

Sorry if it's upside down or something.

That a cool display, where you get the case?

You think you guys had it bad? I went to 4 years of Catholic school.

Think 4 isn't as bad as 8 or 13?

I'm Jewish.

I can't see your picture. It's a thumbnail and very dark. Plus I'm on a phone which makes it even smaller. You may want to use a photosharing site like photobucket or google plus.

Now back catholic ironman prayers:

Tony Stark, you take away the sins of the world. Have mercy on us.
Tony Stark, you take away the sins of the world. Have mercy on us.
Tony Stark, you take away the sins of the world. Grant us peace.

Back