Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Show some PICTURES!!! :panic::panic:

MAD.gif

:p

They either force them to pay or prevent them from getting it without paying. Same thing.

No. If something is priced out of someone means to afford it, they should simply do without. ESPECIALLY a non-essential item like a toy. You speaking like everyone is entitled to have one of these.

I bought it to keep it. To buy it to sell it would be stupid. You buy something because you want it, otherwise don't buy it. It would be a waste of my time to go through the trouble to buy something just to part with it.

If I want money, I earn money, by doing what provides value.

Scalping is beneath me, and I refuse to tarnish my soul or my character by being involved with it. I have principles. Principles are what separates humans from animals. Animals only care about taking opportunities. Human beings have ideals, which is the most fundamental thing that separates us from the animals. Without principles, humans are no better than animals.

Still gotta open it.

You are going to some serious extremes here. I'm not a fan of people buying up all the stock of an item only to sell it either, because it isn't created a market and middle man that doesn't need to exist. It may be strictly for the purpose of making money, and when you sell something below market value to help a collector out, that is a super nice thing and gets you some good karma points, but saying that the act of selling something like a toy for what someone else is willing to pay for it an amoral act is silly. You lost me.

Often the market value here is set by bidders on ebay too, not because a scalper insisted it cost so much. The high buy it now prices usually come from earlier auctions where ppl simply bid it up to huge prices. Buyers decide the aftermaket for toys and they don't hold an unfair monopoly.

While true, justice isn't THAT relative. justice refers to a higher cause. Justice is a concept of altruism. You can apply it to a situation like buying a toy, but you'd be bastardizing the term while doing so.

I disagree. Justice is relative. By denying that lesser injustices aren't injustices at all, you establish a free for all where there are no ethical standards, which is a slippery slope that leads to allowing greater injustices. Before you know it, there is no right and wrong anymore.

If you are vigilant enough to prevent the smaller injustices, the bigger ones tend never to occur at all.
If you prevented every single little injustice, people would become so focused on preventing them that their entire standard of conduct would be raised.

People who are concerned with having a dusty floor don't allow themselves to have floors that are muddy and covered with garbage.

I disagree. Justice is relative. By denying that lesser injustices aren't injustices at all, you establish a free for all where there are no ethical standards, which is a slippery slope that leads to allowing greater injustices. Before you know it, there is no right and wrong anymore.

If you are vigilant enough to prevent the smaller injustices, the bigger ones tend never to occur at all.
If you prevented every single little injustice, people would become so focused on preventing them that their entire standard of conduct would be raised.

People who are concerned with having a dusty floor don't allow themselves to have floors that are muddy and covered with garbage.

That's hyperbolic and you are using false, reflexive logic to make your point.

But we also fundamentally disagree that there is anything 'wrong' happening in the first place.

We have to define our terms appropriately or they lose their meaning when spread too wide.

No. If something is priced out of someone means to afford it, they should simply do without. ESPECIALLY a non-essential item like a toy. You speaking like everyone is entitled to have one of these.

You are speaking as if everyone is entitled to scalp these collectibles.

Frankly, I would prefer that HT makes as many of these as the market demands, to lower the price by the economy of scale, so that as many can have one as they want as possible.
Viva $180 HT IM.
You either want an IM fig or you don't. If it has to be limited, you don't want an IM fig, you want self esteem, and HT doesn't actually sell that, you know.

That's hyperbolic and you are using false, reflexive logic to make your point.

But we also fundamentally disagree that there is anything 'wrong' happening in the first place.
Injustice is an inherently relative concept, just like evil is, or inaccurate, or imprecise, or false. There are many degrees of those.

Something can be off by an inch or a mile, but in either case, it is imprecise.

People who strive for tolerances to a thousandth of an inch don't accept or tolerate things that are off by a couple inches.

I think the logic makes perfect sense, as I demonstrated in my example of how clean people like their floors.

Whether it is anything wrong with it depends upon how dirty you like your floor to be, or your standards of cleanliness regarding your floor.

The floor is an analogy to life or ethics.

You shouldn't. People see it as a bad thing because they more than likely didn't get one.

Good luck selling yours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I for one do not have any problem with people buying stuff to flip. It comes 2ith the territory of collectibles.
I am keeping mine, but if I wanted something else, and could sell this for profit to get it, I would.
Flipping collectibles pisses some folks off, but to me it is just business, and nothing personal.

Injustice is an inherently relative concept, just like evil is, or inaccurate, or imprecise, or false. There are many degrees of those.

Something can be off by an inch or a mile, but in either case, it is imprecise.

People who strive for tolerances to a thousandth of an inch don't accept or tolerate things that are off by a couple inches.

I think the logic makes perfect sense, as I demonstrated in my example of how clean people like their floors.

Whether it is anything wrong with it depends upon how dirty you like your floor to be, or your standards of cleanliness regarding your floor.

The floor is an analogy to life or ethics.

Yes but you are only using that floor analogy to illuminate your point about a slippery slope. So the only reason to say that a person who doesn't tolerate dust won't tolerate mud is to say that the reverse is also true, that a person who tolerates dust will tolerate mud. That works in math, but not in ethics.

And yes, justice is relative to a situation. But justice applies to what SHOULD be. With a toy, once the person making and selling the toy sells out of that toy at the price point they set, there is no SHOULD, because it simply develops as the market decides it develops. The high price point is something the buyers are complicit, and even determinate in creating. So the injustice only happens to the person who feels they aren't being treated fairly because he/she missed an opportunity that was available to him.

I'll throw my own analogy at you. It's like the kid in class who doesn't do as well on tests calling it an injustice that he has to study harder. He can be upset about it, but it's not an injustice since he had the same opportunities as everyone else to learn. It's not an injustice that his brain doesn't work as well as others, it just sucks for him.

I bought it to keep it. To buy it to sell it would be stupid. You buy something because you want it, otherwise don't buy it. It would be a waste of my time to go through the trouble to buy something just to part with it.

If I want money, I earn money, by doing what provides value.

Scalping is beneath me, and I refuse to tarnish my soul or my character by being involved with it. I have principles. Principles are what separates humans from animals. Animals only care about taking opportunities. Human beings have ideals, which is the most fundamental thing that separates us from the animals. Without principles, humans are no better than animals.

Still gotta open it.

so now there's a moral obligation when making a purchase or else the purchase should not be made?

the WORLD of retail buys low and sells high or else why would anyone buy just to resell?

So do people think I'll get more selling the BD MkVII and Avengers MkVI together as a bundle or separately?

you won't know if you can get it unless you ask. i would put them on ebay for $1299.99 USD shipped to the UK and see where it leads you. that's $650 each. worse case, you have to relist it. but i assure you, someone will eventually come along and spend the money.

Back