Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fxdpty.jpg

Ill post more pics with my mk vii. Ive been busy and its my birthday. Still need to open him up and remove the batteries and take nice photos.

Last edited:
Well I just paid 520.00 shipped for him. I was too late to get in on the PO or the Wait list for him. The seller said he will arrive this Thursday and will be shipping him right out to me. So just wanted to say there are many people like me that missed out and will pay the extra to get him. I thought the price was fair compared to others I have seen.

Well I just paid 520.00 shipped for him. I was too late to get in on the PO or the Wait list for him. The seller said he will arrive this Thursday and will be shipping him right out to me. So just wanted to say there are many people like me that missed out and will pay the extra to get him. I thought the price was fair compared to others I have seen.

Congrats man, sorry you had to pay that inflated price. He looks super sick though. Glad I got mine in time. Down with scalpers!

I had the same problem I always have when Sideshow has one of these exclusive figures for pre-order for a limited time; I can't log on or their page want load. When I finally could I had to get on the wait list and I've read so many others that got on it right before me by minutes that say their waitlist converted that If more orders get canceled and I don't get this figure I going to be really pissed.

It never fails with Hot Toys figures that collectors have the hardest time getting exclusives, and flippers have it the easiest to get them; it just makes me sick. :gah:

I had the same problem I always have when Sideshow has one of these exclusive figures for pre-order for a limited time; I can't log on or their page want load. When I finally could I had to get on the wait list and I've read so many others that got on it right before me by minutes that say their waitlist converted that If more orders get canceled and I don't get this figure I going to be really pissed.

It never fails with Hot Toys figures that collectors have the hardest time getting exclusives, and flippers have it the easiest to get them; it just makes me sick. :gah:

I say it all the time man, it sucks. It also makes no sense to me for hot toys to not make more figures since every figure that a scalper buys and sells is money left on the table for hot toys. Some argue that this hobby is all about limited and rare collectibles and how cool it is to have something others don't. That's great for the few who actually get them but what about all the true fans that are left with their only option as paying out the *** for things they love. I hate it but there's really nothing we can do.:dunno

I say it all the time man, it sucks. It also makes no sense to me for hot toys to not make more figures since every figure that a scalper buys and sells is money left on the table for hot toys. Some argue that this hobby is all about limited and rare collectibles and how cool it is to have something others don't. That's great for the few who actually get them but what about all the true fans that are left with their only option as paying out the *** for things they love. I hate it but there's really nothing we can do.:dunno

You can just NOT buy it. If it's going to hurt your finances, you should put your priorities first.

Otherwise, pay scalper price (not recommended)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Man. I am so close to getting this that it is killing me.:impatient: Wednesday can't come fast enough. I wish there were some more pics on this forum, but by the time more are posted I will probably have mine.

Congrats. You did better than most on the secondary market. :wave

Congrats man, sorry you had to pay that inflated price. He looks super sick though. Glad I got mine in time. Down with scalpers!

Yeah paying an extra 200.00 is my fault for not getting into this Hobby sooner. At least that's how I'm justifying it. I've had to pay almost double for some of the older Armor's. I wish this hobby was more affordable so others can enjoy the figures too. It seems pretty common these days to PO 2 of the same figures and sell, or trade one so you can get one that you are missing in your collection.

I'm a Transformer collector at heart and yeah some G1 figures cost a pretty penny like my Japanese Grand Max, but all in all you can get them at fair prices. Just last week I finally bought a G1 Bludgeon figure, it took me almost 1 year of hunting to get him in Excellent condition at a good price for a 30 year old toy. I paid 130.00 for him and now that I've been collecting Hot Toys my mind has been warped to the fact that I feel 130.00 is nothing to pay for something. I shouldn't feel this way and 130.00 should feel like that's still expensive for a small 4 inch piece of plastic

Back to the BD Mark VII discussion. I'm excited to get him. My idea was to put the regular Mark VII in my HOA case, and the BD Mark VII in my Avengers case. I will take some pics when I get him, but I'm guessing there will be a lot of pics here by OCT 17th since this is when most people will be getting them. For now I have posted a Pic of Bludgeon. :)
enjoy....

Only thing about after market sales is that they are only worth what people are prepared to pay for them. If people are buying them at let say for example $700 $800 that's what others will sell them for.

Back