Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that display looks boring as P-H-U-C-K. No poses . . . just statues in grey plastic boxes. :sleep

The HoA display has to be one of the dullest, most static ways to show off a figure designed to express dynamic action.
Why not just buy some polystone garbage?
Why waste money on articulation?
____

Says a lot that the only time I recognise who you are is when you're (again) telling people what to do with their figures. Keep your opinions to yourself, no one gives a ****

Because its just personal choice. Most people pose figures just standing there in museum like poses while other have them posed in such dynamic ways.

I have my Mark suits lined up with a simple pose and they look great together. I have no problem getting this to display them all together with the IM3 Tony Stark figure in front of it. I like having a organized look so this just brings them all together.

If I want to pose one of them I can just pop them out of it and do whatever pose wanted, no biggy.

:exactly::goodpost:

I think that display looks boring as P-H-U-C-K. No poses . . . just statues in grey plastic boxes. :sleep

The HoA display has to be one of the dullest, most static ways to show off a figure designed to express dynamic action.
Why not just buy some polystone garbage?
Why waste money on articulation?
____

It's funny you should use Sideshow's polystone statues as an example since they are generally posed in more dynamic poses.

I haven't actually seen any that have the HoA pose :( I'd love to spend more to buy a static polystone statue and hide the unnecessary joints. Unfortunately, I am forced to pay less in order to get the dullest, most static pose possible.

Wait, do they even make statues of all the marks?

is when you're (again) telling people what to do with their figures.

Nowhere did I tell anyone what to do. :rolleyes:

Question marks mean questions are asked.
Not declaratives or imperatives.

Tommy needs to learn how to read.
Help stop chav illiteracy, won't you?:blah

I will say you sound like an angry, hateful cuss.
But hey . . . UK weather & food? Who can blame you?

My opinion of the Hall of Armor display stands: it's a boring waste of an articulated fig. :nana:

It's funny you should use Sideshow's polystone statues as an example since they are generally posed in more dynamic poses.

Reread my post.
Nowhere did I say "Sideshow."

Polystone is just a generic euphemism for resin.
There are lots of static resin statues of IM suits.

___

Last edited:
It's cool.
Sometimes it does you good to hear the whiny "little girl stamping her feet and shaking her fists" posts from members to remind you what it was like when you were little and didn't get everything your own way...
:rotfl

:rotfl:rotfl:clap:clap:goodpost::goodpost:

sheldon3.gif

HT knows that if they included the replulsor arm everyone would buy it, even if they P/O'd the regular VII. Brilliant, and is it me or does the HS look like the first version of the mech test tony?

521697_10151345053412344_337985765_n.jpg

Looks more like the 2nd (upcoming) Mech Test to me.
With schwarma jowls.

But hey . . . mileage may vary. :dunno

Sometimes it does you good to hear the whiny "little girl stamping her feet and shaking her fists" posts from members to remind you what it was like when you were little and didn't get everything your own way...

38498665_640.jpg

sticker,375x360.u1.png

:rolleyes:

____

(Recall the IM2 Mark 6 versus The Avengers Mark 6: the first set costs less and had more options & accessories.
Suckers pay more for what they perceive as "exclusivity." It's a fool's game, and as old as sea shells.)

Not true. The original set cost 209.99 at sideshow while the Avengers version cost 189.99. Given the original came out a full year before the Avengers version, the materials to make it probably cost marginally less, and it was going for easily double or more on the secondary market, I think we got a fairly good deal. I don't think the price difference between this or the original will be too much, although I'm personally having trouble deciding which will be more than the other...

Looks more like the 2nd (upcoming) Mech Test to me.
With schwarma jowls.

It's totally the mech test 2 sculpt, but luckily RDJ's face hasn't changed from 2011 to 2012 :rolleyes2 and if we're luckily it'll lower costs considering they didn't waste time producing an entirely new sculpt.

And since his 'jowls' are being covered by the cheek plates on the helmet, I can't imagine why you should be bringing it up.

And since his 'jowls' are being covered by the cheek plates on the helmet, I can't imagine why you should be bringing it up.

Look at his lower lip.

They have a cotton ball-stuffed Don Corleone look to them.

"Jowls" can mean cheeks or the jaw (especially the lower jaw).:pow

____

Back