Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A $30 NRD isn't that much, if people really want to cancel, they would just let the $30 go. Losing $30 is much better than losing $300 :lol

I doubt anyone buying this that doesnt want it is going to lose anything...worst case scenario you buy it for $300 and sell it for $400

Thanks Sideshow..still no email for PO...good thing I dont trust you and checked anyway. And its so funny looking through the thread..without them saying..you can tell who ordered and who didnt...those trying to rationalize not buying it are too obvious.

This is going to look out of place in an Avengers display. You're going to have the rest of the time look brand spanking new and then a beat up old Iron Man with them.

With the Avengers, one could have him displayed like this:

TA_T_zps00bdc8c9.png

or this...

MkVII_BD_zps7aff9883.png

Actually, in the first pic, the other guys do not look that they got beaten up at all like IM did. Some blood on BW's forehead and Cap with the BD shield, that's it I guess, ready for display. :)

With the Avengers, one could have him displayed like this:

TA_T_zps00bdc8c9.png

PERFECT display idea. I was trying to decide whether or not the BD version was "iconic" enough to own, since most of the most famous shots in the movie are either him in the Mark VI or clean Mark VII (like the panoramic group shot in the middle of the street.)

But that shot above would make for a fantastic display. :clap

I don't know you guys picked him up in the first place, mush less why you are holding onto him. He gonna be cut or what?

Also, you were at the draft? That's cool. How did that happen?

I work for CBS Sports in New York and can usually get tickets for most NFL events. With any luck I'll be at the Super Bowl at the Meadowlands in Feb 2013.

Not sure why Tebow is still with the Jets- I thought they would cut at the end of last season.

Pictures or ain't happening.

:monkey1 I see I'm one commenting about wives lately.. I hope mine don't come to the forums, otherwise I'll get a good :thwak:horse

Nope not fat :lol. But after almost 4 years I almost forgot what good stuff she's got until brousing these pics reminded me :lol. The price just went up. The fig + $200!!!!!

You should have stayed on the wait list. When it converted to a real order you could have then cancelled and they'd give you the option to flex instead of cancelling.

Hey thank's for tip it was mainly a impulse to want to buy but wouldve used him for trade. I'm not sad or mad will be perfectly happy with the avengers version thats cheaper and im3 version along with patriot and if can the 2.0 mech test tony. ALONG with all my other orders i'm way past my spending limit thank god for flexpays. Anyway thought i'd give the other true completist at shot the wait list. Now i know the ins and outs of the wait list workings. The main thing to do for the new people is SUBSCRIBE TO SIDESHOWS NEWSLETTERS and will always have plenty of time to order EXCLUSIVE'S. CONGRATS ON A NEW SLIGHTLY DAMMAGED SUIT METAL HEAD'S...:rock2

:panic: hhaahha sooo funny! my wife and kid got a very similar picture of yours and your wife with the freddy outfit and attack on her hahahahahahaha

Nope not fat :lol. But after almost 4 years I almost forgot what good stuff she's got until brousing these pics reminded me :lol. The price just went up. The fig + $200!!!!!

Honestly from the way I see it I think SS released it the way they did because they knew they had such a limited number of them. If they sent a mass email in the thur newsletter that it was going to be released on fri it would have been complete pandemonium and most likely with everyone trying to buy it at once the servers could/would of probably froze up and caused a real problem. So they sold it on a random day and sent out emails to those that subscribed to the exclusive email about the BD mark VII. I know that some people subscribed to the email but didn't get the email until wayyyy late which sucks, but it seems a good amount of freeks that subscribed to this thread did have a chance to buy one. So I think all in all the only real thing SS screwed the pooch on was not getting out the emails on time, but with such a limited number there isn't much they could of done that would of made this much better, either way a lot of people would of been screwed.

Honestly from the way I see it I think SS released it the way they did because they knew they had such a limited number of them. If they sent a mass email in the thur newsletter that it was going to be released on fri it would have been complete pandemonium and most likely with everyone trying to buy it at once the servers could/would of probably froze up and caused a real problem. So they sold it on a random day and sent out emails to those that subscribed to the exclusive email about the BD mark VII. I know that some people subscribed to the email but didn't get the email until wayyyy late which sucks, but it seems a good amount of freeks that subscribed to this thread did have a chance to buy one. So I think all in all the only real thing SS screwed the pooch on was not getting out the emails on time, but with such a limited number there isn't much they could of done that would of made this much better, either way a lot of people would of been screwed.

You got it right bud. Like any limited release there will be people who miss out. They definitely couldn't give too much of a heads up as you said to avoid crashing the servers. I think the email notification was a good strategy. Of course people who were zoned out regionally won't see it this way and may naturally find this unfair. But if HT decided to market this piece as a smaller more exclusive run, then I'm sure the regions that were picked to be involved are their largest markets.

Naked pics or it didn't happen

I'll pretend ^^ that ^^ didn't happen

Yeah that looks exactly like what they did, I think a lot of people assumed there was going to be a lot more in stock but it didn't turn out that way :( The only plus side to this is that it makes this figure highly collectable :)

WOW it is a shame to see this, specially coming from US sellers. I always had a terrible image of foreign sellers specially HK, but this... disappointed. One of the *******s bought more than one specially to list them. isn't that illegal?

Just fyi, a friend, she is looking to trade one of the two she ordered for an iron monger plus $200 cash. Cash not needed to pay until July 10th.
Just an option for those who rather not spend to much cash but trade instead and a little cash.
mmpJilj.gif

Back