Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh. Everyone complaining about not getting this can only blame themselves. The newsletter gave everyone a fair chance to sign up for the notification e-mail. I didn't see the notification email today till two hours after it hit my inbox at 3:04PM and I ended up ordering it on my cellphone on the way home from work... on the BART train... going through the tunnel underneath the Bay from SF to the East Bay... with dead spots the whole way. By the time I ordered at 5:20PM, people on the East coast could've been home in front of their computers with a high speed connection. :pfft:

i work at home and am around my computer most every day and night. if people were given PROPER notice, they could have made it a point to be around for a chance to order. you know, like the 100s of PPOs sideshow has done previously.

and you think an email saying...BUY IT NOW on a friday rush hour commute is a fair shot for all with only ourselves to blame if we didn't get an order in? i think i'd rather have my own business, my hot wife, my new car and my paid for house than this figure. living well IS the best revenge. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Have a look a few pages back in this thread. Half the clowns ordering it are cheerfully posting because "it's resell value will be huge d00d!".

I don't agree with scalping, but for me, even though I know it probably will, it's hard to believe that it's value could go up so high. I'd feel bad paying retail for this. I can't imagine how terrible I'd feel about paying an extra few hundred for it.

For me its the total BD. Never have liked the partials. Mark V would have looked bad *** if he came shreaded .

I can understand that. I'm more of a fan of a pristine look and I think the regular Mark VII is a much better value for what you get, but to each his own.

BTW....i have either the iron man special project or war machine special version that i would trade for this. both factory sealed. if anyone is interested, message me.

i work at home and am around my computer most every day and night. if people were given PROPER notice, they could have made it a point to be around for a chance to order. you know, like the 100s of PPOs sideshow has done previously.

and you think an email saying...BUY IT NOW on a friday rush hour commute is a fair shot for all with only ourselves to blame if we didn't get an order in? i think i'd rather have my own business, my hot wife, my new car and my paid for house than this figure. living well IS the best revenge. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

So everyone was pissed at the price and now that its sold out everyone is sad? :lol And people want things like the Lizard or Professor X as con exclusives? :lol Everyone has gotten lax with HT lately thinking things will sit around like several products have over the last year. The truth is that isn't the case anymore. I think HT realized they were over producing and are purposely under producing now. And when they do a "promo" item like this, its even rarer.

Its always better to order and cancel later than to never order at all :lecture

Ahh man! I was out all day and busy, just saw the email.

Oh we'll, I pretty much have the regular version paid up on flex and awaiting the the last payment. So I'm thankful I missed out in a way.

That's 300 bucks I saved.

Gotta give a huge shout out to this guy right here! He broke the news on page 172. Saw his post and thought "man this guy BETTER not be joking!" Checked my email and there it was.

Thanks a lot bro!!!:hi5::rock

i guess i wasn't meant to get this one. i've been around the computer all week. leave for a couple of hours and it's gone!!! :mad:

You know what is even better? A hot wife, new car, own business, paid for house, AND THIS FIGURE, like I have it.
Yep, definitely better with the figure. :D

We'll get left out of that one too :lol

"Canadians? You're not international, you should have been on the US preorder. You're pretty much the same market anyway."

Reminds me of waiting in line to go through customs in Newark for the first time. I wait in the HUGE international line for about 2 hours until some nice airport worker, noticing I was about a foot taller than everyone in the line, asked where I was from. I say Canada, and she says "Canada? You know you can go through the US line, right?"

Very true but then that would mean Mexico is also same market (North American) yet they are a complete different nation which also speaks a complete different language.
I guess when SS means the US, they really mean it. Looking at it from a SSC point of view, if HT says only the US and SS has the flexibility to fulfill some Canadian orders, SS would rather fulfill US citizens orders first than Canada. So maybe that is why they won't accept Canadian orders, because there is already too much demand from US buyers and they come first in SSC book. After All, SSC is an US based company.

Unfortunately, any other country that gets stock of this in Asia will call for Scalpers in action. There is no way people who are able to buy this figure in their homeland, will not take advantage of the exclusivity and sell it for higher premiums. Sad but true.:monkey2
Sorry for all fellow freaks who couldn't get one. But hey, the regular Mark7 looks as good and it is more complete :clap

You know what is even better? A hot wife, new car, own business, paid for house, AND THIS FIGURE, like I have it.

that all cancels out because you live in the swamps of jersey! :lol i wish my wife had three boobs too. :clap

Gotta give a huge shout out to this guy right here! He broke the news on page 172. Saw his post and thought "man this guy BETTER not be joking!" Checked my email and there it was.

Thanks a lot bro!!!:hi5::rock

Wasn't this the same guy who was being criticized and labeled as a "bad buyer/seller" in the marketplace forum?

I'd much rather respond with Vandermemes to this guy, but I'll have to agree with your point. I'll join your club sir. Guess this guy thinks riding the train and owning a car are mutually exclusive.
:hi5:

So much bitterness in this thread already between those who got it and those who didn't. There is no way to make the pre-order fair for everyone since everyone is on a different schedule in life and those who happen to get it just happen to be there at the right place and the right time. Sideshow can put this up at a later time when most should be home, but then how about people who work evening shifts? Then they will complain how its not fair!

Some people try hard to put themselves in the most favorable position in order to get what they want and got it. I own my own business so I don't have to work for a boss who is going to tell me I can't do this or that. I have been refreshing this board, my email, and sideshowtoy every 15 minutes after SS started the email thing for the BD Mk VII. :impatient:This started 5:15am when I wake up until 10:00pm when I sleep:impatient:. I set my phone to ring loud whenever I get a new email so that way I answer it quick, especially during my SLEEP. My cell phone ringed at 3:04pm, checked my email, opened the link, pre-ordered, WON! :yess: I will do this from now on while telling my customers just to wait 30 seconds while I log in and PO!

Back