Hot Toys - MMS190 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Scar Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful figure! He ranks up there with Classic and City Hunter as my favorite HT Preds. He's just a real PITA to pose. I spent nearly an hour just getting him in this pose mainly due to the oxygen tubes constantly falling out and his right hand being a tremendous pain to swap (yes I used hot water). I'm not looking forward to swapping his hands again. I also recommend taking out his blades before hand because you will have to push very hard.

My only minor gripe is also with his mask. It's just slightly glued crooked. Not a problem from afar but if you look real close you can tell the gap isn't totally straight. Could be much worse though.

Also don't plan on bending his head the other way if you want to display him with the tubes. They are very restricting.

Scar1_zps0edb346a.jpg

Scar3_zpsea0c2892.jpg

Scar2_zps5a560240.jpg

Or you don't plug the tubes into the holes on the back, simple fix and doesn't detract too much from the overall aesthetic.
That's what I just did. They're way too short to allow any comfortable movement to the head so I just popped them off.

Barely noticed a difference in looks.

Or you don't plug the tubes into the holes on the back, simple fix and doesn't detract too much from the overall aesthetic.

That's what I just did. They're way too short to allow any comfortable movement to the head so I just popped them off.

Barely noticed a difference in looks.

Good point! Will definitely do that next time so I can turn his head to left.

Thanks for the comparison pics Elder. I have the original Scar Pred and was considering an upgrade.

I think I'll hang onto the original and wait for Elder.

Thanks guys, sorry for the crummy pics. I caught my light tent on fire earlier this summer... :lol

In my mind, the new Scar has its pros and cons; however I am glad that I own both, original and the new. I'm waiting for the new Celtic and hopefully Chopper. Then I may be done with the AVP Predators, unless the Elder looks ****ing amazing, new headsculpt for sure.

My only minor gripe is also with his mask. It's just slightly glued crooked. Not a problem from afar but if you look real close you can tell the gap isn't totally straight. Could be much worse though.

Yeah, mine is the same. I've not seen anyone post pictures that didn't exhibit the unaligned mouth area. It's not glued on in two pieces (unless you count the flesh chin) either, it's all one piece. I think one of two things happened. Either the sculpt wasn't that great, which is possible considering how different the two eye lenses look if you look closely. Or, the way they glued in the flesh chin part required some flexing of the mask to fit flush. I lean towards the chin causing the flex.

That aside, it's my favorite predator figure in my collection. I'm pumped to see them finally use fiber optic for the light feature instead of an LED behind a clear diffuser. I don't know if they did that on the recent preds, but seeing it on this one shows it is much better. The lens material for the eyes is also very well done. They got the pattern in the eyes and the shine, better than SSC managed to do in 1:1 with their bio prop replica. Still dig the metal blades so much more than the old plastic.

All in all, aside from some wonkiness to the mask that you'll not notice after you stop thinking about it for a week (just tell yourself everyone's has this issue, cause they do), it's a really well done figure.

I had the problem with one leg being shorter than the other. I had to apply some pretty hefty pressure on the longer leg to get just a little pop, and futz the body, but I think it's correct now.

Here's a ever so slightly blurry image of mine.

qucy.jpg

Last edited:
I like the new scar a lot but I will always love the originals. I went through so much trouble getting them all I couldn't see myself selling them. my Ancient Asia will always be my favorite. Personally I love the looks of the old ones and wouldn't change a thing about them. The new ones and old ones are both great in there own ways. Plus I'm kind of a completest so I need all hot toy predators.. :lol
One thing I would change with the new avp figures is the length of the skirt under his armor. I think it would look better just a hair longer. Not a big deal though.. Still love it

My mask looks fine maybe its a qc issue with some of them. Mine did have a bent looking spear, it was dipping a little bit but i straightened with heat.
I really like this guy defeintely my fave pred so far but the there are some issues i have with it.

First off the bicep armor pad moves all over the place when i try to move the arm, the wrist armor moves when i try fit a hand on too.
I actaully like that the loin cloth and chest armor have a little give to them, this way i can adjust and straighten it when needed.

Other than that i have no issues with this guy except on how to pose him :lol

Here are a couple pics of mine nothing special though:

In my case this is a fact not a opinion. The lower half of the mask is crooked.. In the center of the lens where the bridge of the nose is you can clearly see its not straight. I'm thinking of contacting sideshow because of how bad it is. Im not sure if everyone has this problem. I may post a pic later if I get a chance..

Sorry to hear that buddy.

Loving all these new in hand pics keep them coming.

I will not be getting this guy until Oct/Nov. :(

Finally got my new Scar today.
Here are some quick photos and comparison photos.
Hope you guy enjoy.

Old Scar and New Scar packaging box:

Old Scar and New Scar:

Old Scar (with TD Scar mask) and New Scar:

Both old and new HT Scar masks compare with TD Scar mask:

Left is old HT Scar mask, middle is TD Scar mask, Right is HT new Scar mask.

TD Scar mask (left) and HT Scar mask (right):

The new HT Scar overall is good but not the mask...the HT new Scar mask is crap.

New HT Scar with Machiko:

Group Shot:

New HT Scar with chestbuster:

Last edited:
Wonderful pics vinlwj.

Yeah the mask is looking like a real let down compared to the TD mask. But overall he is still a great looking figure.

I can't wait to get him.

Back