Hot Toys - MMS190 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Scar Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC1ngKr6QA8&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyoBu9DHCF8&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xijhp0pKP4I&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

Sorry last 2 not in english but still ya get it...:lol

Both the first avp and predators suffered from the same horrible writing or direction choices in that they killed off the two supporting preds without us ever really getting to see them in action, which is what people want from these movies, both directors foolishly tried to capture what the first predator had in not showing you the predator until like halfway thru the movie and you can't repeat that effect because we already know what predators are we just want to see what they can do and I think the avp movies show that much better then predators, in predators you never see them leaping or using tech or really much of what makes them cool, with the exception of mr blacks plasma cannon which was sweet or mr. Blacks new vision mode which I really liked, you just saw them stomping around, they never really felt as much like the super hunters they were hyped up to be. I think predators could have been awesome with a better director, but to each their own and I am grateful for any new chance for predators to hit the big screen hopefully we will get another movie that finally let's a predator win for once , I mean they are supposed to be the ultimate hunters for gods sake.

Just ran through the ancients preds thread WOW ! I realy hope they revisit them all and realy hope can snag the p1 ,p2 along with this one..Now i want the staff with alien severed head that came with 1st release of scar...Some amazing set ups or collections in that thread... Now I'm realy ready for the hunt for all of them. Rerelease them all hot toys please with some aliens please....

I personally like all the pred movies I don't focus on what I don't like but what I do like about them. really any movie in the world could be done better but it is what it is so I just try to enjoy. Sitting through a movie thinking about how much i hate this or that does not sound fun to me, that would ruin any movie. That's just me though..Through those movies we got all the cool pred collectibles we are here to talk about. Though I respect everyone's opinion and I'm not here to start arguments.

And don't forget to throw in an alien egg with each, so the hunt can begin, I know I keep bringing up the alien eggs but they would look so sweet in the display with the avp preds, a must in my 1/6 pred collection.

Ever since Ive seen AVP Ive had mixed feelings from it,mostly dissapointment. Part of the hate comes from having seen it on an HDTV. So back when LCDs were just coming out for mass consuption,my parents bought one,lika a 50" panasonic or something. Anyway I had been asked by my parents to install their tv,mount it to the wall ect. So I asked my homeboy to come over and help. We eventually got everything hooked up and decided to check out this awesome new technology.

So I flip on the cable box,run through HBO and see AVP listed on there. Neither of us had ever seen the movie nor seen a LCD tv. Anyways we start up the movie and within 35 mins we were both laughing our asses off at AVP. It wasnt because the movie was bad but because of the highdefness of the TV,it looked like the Predators were big ass football players in costumes, ramming through walls and ****,wrestling with aliens...it just looked so fake!! Im mean come on,that "wall" they just crashed through totally looked like styrofoam. We had never laughed so hard in our lives. And till this day when I see anything AVP related I can only think of the football Predators.:lol

Anyways we got bored with it and turned it off. Just didnt seem right. A year later I tried to watch it again and couldnt. Was too dark in most spots and also the Predators gestures,poses,ect didnt look very Predator like too me. Their movements were too human like. Ruined it for me. And thats one thing Predator and P2 did well,is made them move like they were actual aliens. That said this figure looks pretty neat. Will wait for inhand pics to make a final decision.

Oh thank's for correction. Still want that and a throne is bad ass. Did a lot of freaks or collectors bash a ancient pred from scar the predator with the cape ? looks like could be bashed pretty easy.

I personally like all the pred movies I don't focus on what I don't like but what I do like about them. really any movie in the world could be done better but it is what it is so I just try to enjoy. Sitting through a movie thinking about how much i hate this or that does not sound fun to me, that would ruin any movie. That's just me though..Through those movies we got all the cool pred collectibles we are here to talk about. Though I respect everyone's opinion and I'm not here to start arguments.

:goodpost: I enjoy them all too, I just get frustrated when they have these super agile creatures and they don't show them using that agility, it's just kind of a waste, if they don't use that leaping ability, speed and strength, they might as well wear a hockey mask and carry a machete, but I absolutely agree with you that at least we get cool figures out of it, and all the movies have their good points. :1-1: :duff

I suspect you guys had too much movie drink or smoke to enjoy movie correctly but all good . I loved avp kinda liked avpr and just need to try and watch predators again. hated a lot of predators but if any redo needs to be done is predator 2 . That was the worst so much bad acting. except 4 the predator scene's.

I've been saying it since I first saw P2, but I just cannot stand Danny Glover. I wish they'd remake an urban setting Predator movie.

On a differnt topic the alien eggs Should be included hopefully as some base's or a couple chest bursters included along with the alien crawlers sometime.

Danny glover rocks in all the lethal weapons but he was way too old for that shiat in predator 2!

To this day, I have 0 issues with P2. Not as good as P1 but none of them are. The only problem I had with AVP was Sania Lathan's role, although she ain't hard on the eyes and I still haven't watched AVPR cover to cover.

I can see why some dont dig P2 but it was always a fun movie to watch, even a classic for me. In my eyes, it's the only one that can really hold a candle to P1 at all.

this is the AVP thread.

that said....

i'd rather watch this for an hour
tumblr_kpq0x5TSNK1qa2i2xo1_400.gif

than that robert rodriguez movie.

Predator 2 is miles ahead of any AvP movie and Predators. Predators had far worse acting than P2, excluding Brody who absolutely nailed his role.

...and Danny Glover is a badass

:goodpost: I enjoy them all too, I just get frustrated when they have these super agile creatures and they don't show them using that agility, it's just kind of a waste, if they don't use that leaping ability, speed and strength, they might as well wear a hockey mask and carry a machete, but I absolutely agree with you that at least we get cool figures out of it, and all the movies have their good points. :1-1: :duff

Thanks man, yea its a shame in avp that Celtic and chopper got killed so quick ...that hurt... damn aliens messing up my predator movie haha.. But aliens are still cool..

:goodpost: furyan only the cgi scenes with scar really showed him move like a pred should, I think avpr did a much better job at showing the pred agility with wolf, I think as much as it might upset Stan R.I.P. they should do the next pred movie using totally cgi preds so they could really make them impressive to watch.

Back