Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I highly recommend BBTS. I've used them many times over the years and never any issues. Its too bad SS is their distributor for all things HT.

I love ordering from BBTS, and have gotten the majority of my figures, Hot Toys or otherwise, from them, but the wait on this second batch of Mark VII's has been ridiculous. SSC being dicks about sending out stock.

When this figure was first announced last July, I was like "I don't need this, I already have a damn good Mark VI with way better BD." The DVD and watching the movie on a plane a few times last fall gradually changed my mind. By March, after a major battle of my 2 halves (ala Superman III), I PO'ed it. After getting it 2 days ago, I have to say I am glad I've made the right choice. My Mark VI will always occupy a very special spot in my heart, it has a far better BD and HS, but this Mark VII absolutely rocks! The new repulsor palms are just spectacular and the extra arms and accessories are not shabby at all. I look forward to the arrival for my 2pc HOA...

I love ordering from BBTS, and have gotten the majority of my figures, Hot Toys or otherwise, from them, but the wait on this second batch of Mark VII's has been ridiculous. SSC being dicks about sending out stock.

I agree, that this has been the longest I have waited for a Hot Toys figure from BBTS.
To be honest I really think it has to do with the huge spike in popularity of Iron Man, and all the new fans finding Hot Toys making the coolest Iron Man stuff out there. So all retailers are ordering higher volumes of Iron Man Hot Toys and so it has kinda squeezed SSC on allocating as much stock as the usually do to BBTS.
I also think it is mainly just the IM stuff, since the rest of the other figures have been relatively easy to get.
I can assume that IM Hot Toys demand has at least tripled since The Avengers and IM3.

For posing.... I've seen some member here get pretty creative with theirs. :wink1:

Personally I highly recommend BBTS. I've used them many times over the years and never any issues. Its too bad SS is their distributor for all things HT.

And everything comes double boxed with big bubble wrap FREE. No extra $10 charge like SSC. I go to BBTS for everything that doesn't have an exclusive.

Thanks for the responses guys. Hopefully I can afford this next week when I get paid, and hopefully theres one available at a decent price.

BBTS packs everything extremely well. I've never received anything damaged, only evenly had to exchange one thing, my City Hunter Pred, but it was because he was missing the disc holder on his leg so it wasn't the fault of BBTS. and they handled the exchange very well.

The longest I ever waited for a figure from them was the DX12.

Decided to try out the Enterbay stands and they seem to work pretty well for flying poses.
oso3.jpg

557i.jpg

2f4b.jpg

And as usual, Rhodey's got Tony's back :) The two suits with the biggest arsenals in the MCU side by side.
z9hk.jpg

Decided to try out the Enterbay stands and they seem to work pretty well for flying poses.
oso3.jpg

557i.jpg

2f4b.jpg

And as usual, Rhodey's got Tony's back :) The two suits with the biggest arsenals in the MCU side by side.
z9hk.jpg

Awesome man! Those stands do work pretty well. Might have to check them out. Can't wait to get the mark II war machine so my iron man isn't so lonely!

Is there anywhere left to get this at a reasonable price or are they all in the $340-380 range now?

This is exactly how I feel, but I came to my realization too late. I waited until this past month to decide I wanted one, and had to pay a higher price. But I think it's worth it!

I agree that despite being similar, the two suits have enough differences to set them apart and warrant owning both if you can get them.

When this figure was first announced last July, I was like "I don't need this, I already have a damn good Mark VI with way better BD." The DVD and watching the movie on a plane a few times last fall gradually changed my mind. By March, after a major battle of my 2 halves (ala Superman III), I PO'ed it. After getting it 2 days ago, I have to say I am glad I've made the right choice. My Mark VI will always occupy a very special spot in my heart, it has a far better BD and HS, but this Mark VII absolutely rocks! The new repulsor palms are just spectacular and the extra arms and accessories are not shabby at all. I look forward to the arrival for my 2pc HOA...

I've got a question for everyone. My local comic shop finally got a couple Mark VII Iron Man figures in,but they are wanting $390 for the figure. I know it's a great figure but is that heavily over charging or about average asking price now? I got on the Sideshow wait list back in mid-June. Should I just bite the bullet and by the Mark VII at the increased price or wait to see if the wait list transfers over? I'd really love some feedback.

I've got a question for everyone. My local comic shop finally got a couple Mark VII Iron Man figures in,but they are wanting $390 for the figure. I know it's a great figure but is that heavily over charging or about average asking price now? I got on the Sideshow wait list back in mid-June. Should I just bite the bullet and by the Mark VII at the increased price or wait to see if the wait list transfers over? I'd really love some feedback.

That's some serious gouging. Mine only ever charges Sideshow's retail price. You can find a better deal elsewhere.

On a related note, I picked this guy up at my LCS last week. Had some store credit so he only cost me $140 out of pocket...a steal. Somewhat fortuitously I'd sold off my Koto Mark VII the week before.

Having had the previous releases at one time or another, this one's a lot sturdier and better built than the previous ones. Really impressive figure.

Heck no!!! Dont do it sir. If anything, there are members on the "for sale" section that Sell them For less, granted its not going to be 250 but most definitely cheaper than 390 + plus your state's sales tax. If you really have to bite the bullet check ebay even they have cheaper ones then your comic shop's asking price.

Back