Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a little sketchy, but fortunately its not glued in. I used the tip of a small eye glass es flat head screwdriver to pry it out from the edges that are on the inside of the cheeks of the mask.

Thanks that's what I thought of doing but wasn't sure if it would break or not. Just popped them out.

I appreciate all the props on my Mark7 Faceplate eye mod, but I want to give props to members Username and Boomix.

Username gave me the original confirmation that the lens was removable, and Boomix showed the original idea of some epoxy mods and even gave the brand of Tamiya gold paint to use.

Just another reason I like being a Freak member. I honestly wouldn't have bought the extra faceplates or tried this if it hadn't been for this forum.
:hi5::hi5:

Man...this thing is making me really jonez for my Mark7. I haven't done the lens yet but I had to see what the eyes look like lit. I just put some tissue paper under the faceplate on this puck light.
It's alive!!:lol

The gold is really looking great too. After a day of curing it looks just like the stock color in the photos. I really can't see the color being an issue once you have the full figure to place it on.

If you took pics of your entire process and would like to share, start a new thead and title it with like MOD: Iron Man Mark VII Faceplate. It would be a quick place for people to get informaiton and share how they are fixing their faceplates.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the face plate also has some red to it also. Did you cover that when you painted the face plate? Looking great btw.

So i took some more pictures of this guy (can't get enough of him)

his different 'modes' make him one of the best figures

Clean mode
DSC02877_zps69e5e91a.jpg

Rocket mode
DSC02875_zpsece097c2.jpg

BD mode (looks really good)
DSC02871_zps12104732.jpg

His head can tilt almost all the way up now
DSC02873_zpsc8a667bf.jpg

DSC02874_zps59f45d4f.jpg

DSC02878_zps229dc449.jpg

DSC02881_zps1066260f.jpg

DSC02889_zps7ca532de.jpg

overall I am really chuffed with this figure...can't wait for my Amour testing Tony and Mark XLII now

overall I am really chuffed with this figure...can't wait for my Amour testing Tony and Mark XLII now

I don't know what chuffed means, but I'm assuming it's a good thing? :lol Anyways, great pics man, it's making the already difficult wait harder:panic:

My 1st post here!

Got this a few weeks ago. Looks better than the photos and comes with a lot of goodies.

YAY...just saw the regular edition show up on EBAY in hand ready to ship...it is in Austraila, but at least that means it has started being released!

So i took some more pictures of this guy (can't get enough of him)

his different 'modes' make him one of the best figures

Clean mode
DSC02877_zps69e5e91a.jpg

Rocket mode
DSC02875_zpsece097c2.jpg

BD mode (looks really good)
DSC02871_zps12104732.jpg

His head can tilt almost all the way up now
DSC02873_zpsc8a667bf.jpg

DSC02874_zps59f45d4f.jpg

DSC02878_zps229dc449.jpg

DSC02881_zps1066260f.jpg

DSC02889_zps7ca532de.jpg

Those elbow joints look so ugly! (Sorry guys) that's the first thing that came to my head

I still think this is a great figure. Definitely has its flaws though. HT really has a hard time with perspective and 3D modeling when it comes to Iron Man. Not to mention some other figure licenses.
Oh well.

Not sure why, but I see a TON of RDJ in that photo of the headsculpt, Cunning562. It makes me want to buy one for a bash. :lol

So far I'm glad I canceled my order on this in favor of the Tony Stark figure. The head (actually both the iron man and the "Tony Stark" head) and the elbow joint alone make me cringe. I hope everyone who ordered this will think differently and be happy with their figure.

Woah. Mi ex is definitely going to be sold now. It looked so much better in the proto pics, but now I think it looks like something you can actually find at walmart. Not really feeling it.

Back