Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pics blackops. How did u get the backdrop?

It always bugged me that the Mark VII's eyes are like that when lit up, does anyone know a quick dix where all of the eye lights up?

It always bugged me that the Mark VII's eyes are like that when lit up, does anyone know a quick dix where all of the eye lights up?

Some people here sanded the back of the eye lenses to diffuse the light more evenly.

Would giving the inside of the lenses a flat top coat accomplish the same effect?

Personally, I'd try out translucent tape first since that is neither permanent nor damaging to the model itself if the light bothers you that much. I don't light up my figure that much so it doesn't bother me personally. :)

Personally, I'd try out translucent tape first since that is neither permanent nor damaging to the model itself if the light bothers you that much. I don't light up my figure that much so it doesn't bother me personally. :)

Your actually right haha. Now that I think about it I don't light it up that much. It just when I actually do, it bothers me :)

Just found this Avengers backdrop online, got it printed at Kmart for $20 and bought a piece of foam board to apply it to while I was there for $5. It worked out well so I've printed a whole bunch of different backdrops since.

Take some rough sandpaper and sand the back, inside, part of the lens. Fogging acrylic like that will always help to diffuse light.

Sanded the left one:

IMG_3756.jpg

And what it looks like lit up:

IMG_3757.jpg

IMG_3758.jpg

Or you could go the whole hog and buy one of Andrew Noh's resin faceplates:

EE56B7AB-C5DF-4778-987D-E75F17165A6F.jpg

53E288D8-AB68-441F-B93B-F6D5A9D52F9B.jpg

I've been vying for a slot on his order list. Hopefully I make it in. Those faceplates look really awesome!

He will get to everyone. But he can't paint in the winter due to the low temperatures.
When the sun comes back out, he will be back to the painting. And everyone will be able to have a cooler faceplate.

OK guys I hope these pictures turn out, Thanks to "Username" for converting these pics for me

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

photo.jpg

image_2.jpeg

Basically what I did was shaved the from of the ball hinge so it can move further forward, this closes that nasty gap at the back of the head and neck and also sits more accurately, It took less that 5 minutes with a hobby knife just carefully shaving it down

Reading through the entire thread to see what everyone else have been doing with their figures. This is an interesting mod. Has anyone else tried doing it? Does it affect articulation? Would love to see photos of other angles with various head positions if possible.

Is this more screen accurate though? I sort of remember the Mark VII having a fairly long neck in some screenshots of The Avengers in this thread.

Reading through the entire thread to see what everyone else have been doing with their figures. This is an interesting mod. Has anyone else tried doing it? Does it affect articulation? Would love to see photos of other angles with various head positions if possible.

Is this more screen accurate though? I sort of remember the Mark VII having a fairly long neck in some screenshots of The Avengers in this thread.

I did it with one of mine. It just adds a bit more movement to the neck.

I've been looking to buy this for a while now. A local comic shop has 1 left in stock for $400, and is firm on the price. Can anyone help out and tell me if this a good price? Or does anyone know where I can get a new one for cheaper? I checked ebay and everything seems to be above $400 by the time the auctions end or the buy it now prices, so any help is really appreciated!

I've been looking to buy this for a while now. A local comic shop has 1 left in stock for $400, and is firm on the price. Can anyone help out and tell me if this a good price? Or does anyone know where I can get a new one for cheaper? I checked ebay and everything seems to be above $400 by the time the auctions end or the buy it now prices, so any help is really appreciated!

Keep an eye on the classifieds forum here. You'll find one cheaper than that. I paid less than that for mine and I got it from a member here, brand new still sealed in the shipper.

Keep an eye on the classifieds forum here. You'll find one cheaper than that. I paid less than that for mine and I got it from a member here, brand new still sealed in the shipper.

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm looking for one new still sealed in the shipper like yours so hopefully I'll be able to get one for a decent price. I'm new to collecting and my girlfriend is actually going to be getting it as a gift for me for my birthday in a few weeks. I don't want her paying a crazy amount for it though so that's why I figured I'd ask around in this forum

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm looking for one new still sealed in the shipper like yours so hopefully I'll be able to get one for a decent price. I'm new to collecting and my girlfriend is actually going to be getting it as a gift for me for my birthday in a few weeks. I don't want her paying a crazy amount for it though so that's why I figured I'd ask around in this forum

Although the Mark VII isn't that old, I would find something sealed in a shipper as a bigger risk than a premium (coming from an individual person and not a business). There are frequently QC problems with this stuff, and with something with batteries especially, I'd much rather get something in good shape with the box and shipper but has been opened and inspected and the batteries removed. I'd only buy a sealed shipper second hand if it were a hell of a good price or if the seller takes returns.

Back