Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Truth. IMO the Workshop or Mechanic sculpt would be the go to, affordable Stark sculpt at this point.

Yep, best one. Im getting a second to put on a mk 4 neck to use as my display piece. Also like Username did, id like to put that sculpt in some of the helmeted heads (mainly mk 2 AU)

Yep, best one. Im getting a second to put on a mk 4 neck to use as my display piece. Also like Username did, id like to put that sculpt in some of the helmeted heads (mainly mk 2 AU)

Nice. I have a bunch of them as well. 3 workshop sculpts and 2 Mechanic sculpts. I have one extra workshop I'm thinking of doing the helmet conversion for too. I'm not too keen on that sculpt on the armor alone, I'm not sure why.

You can put the head in boiling water to soften it and then fit it right on a MKIV armoured neck.
Because the ball joint socket is so high in the 191 head, it sits very nicely on any armoured neck without needing the collar of a skin coloured neck.

IMG_5269.jpg

You can put the head in boiling water to soften it and then fit it right on a MKIV armoured neck.
Because the ball joint socket is so high in the 191 head, it sits very nicely on any armoured neck without needing the collar of a skin coloured neck.

IMG_5269.jpg

Sorry I meant the neck from the stark sculpt of that fig :D

That's way more likely, we both know that! :rotfl

Lord knows I'll have a dozen questions when I take this project on. My first would be what dremel bits do you use?

I use diamond knurled cutting heads for the initial cuts. Kind of like this:

dremel-2615t562ja-trio-tile-cutting-bit-tr562-.jpg

And then a round tipped sanding head to gently sand the inside to shape.
Like the one on the far right:

1000x1000.jpg

I can get better images of the actual tools i use the next time i am up at work.

I use diamond knurled cutting heads for the initial cuts. Kind of like this:

dremel-2615t562ja-trio-tile-cutting-bit-tr562-.jpg

And then a round tipped sanding head to gently sand the inside to shape.
Like the one on the far right:

1000x1000.jpg

I can get better images of the actual tools i use the next time i am up at work.

Or maybe just commision you to do it for us? :dunno

Back