Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the comments, yes, its Abigail Whistler, I guess no one remembers her huh. I really do like the first Thor and Captain America better than the Avengers versions.

ruhy3asu.jpg

Still working around with this guy but I'm already in love. The MK IV used to be my favorite but this thing blows it out of the water. There are a few issues on mine though
y5yne6u4.jpg

The corner of the faceplate is a little roughed up (not just paint either)
And I don't know if it's hot toys version of "shading" or if Tony is just a little dirty but there's a really dark spot on the right side of his forehead
8aguqehy.jpg

Anyways I'm just nitpicking. I'll post my review soon -WebHeadedHero

ruhy3asu.jpg

Still working around with this guy but I'm already in love. The MK IV used to be my favorite but this thing blows it out of the water. There are a few issues on mine though
y5yne6u4.jpg

The corner of the faceplate is a little roughed up (not just paint either)
And I don't know if it's hot toys version of "shading" or if Tony is just a little dirty but there's a really dark spot on the right side of his forehead
8aguqehy.jpg

Anyways I'm just nitpicking. I'll post my review soon -WebHeadedHero

Just checked. Mine has shading there too.

I have an brand new mint in sealed box with brown shipper Mark VII if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
^^ Cool!

Which do you like best?

Honestly? I dont know lol. Theyre both great with detail and they both look amazing. The PI one feels better though, i got it first and expected some bulk with the HT one, but it just feels cheap now. Having said that I love the interchangable parts of the HT figure. They both have very nitpicky QC issues but its not a big deal.
Overall i think theyre both great figures and both of em look great in the hall of arms that came with the PI figure. Once i can find place for it ill display it with a figure somewhere haha.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Trying to find the info in the thread without much success: can somebody tell me what is that "white sticker" mod to make the eyes look better?

Trying to find the info in the thread without much success: can somebody tell me what is that "white sticker" mod to make the eyes look better?

Havent heard this one yet.?

I know some sanded the back of the eyes so it casts the light more evenly

I know what youre talking about. Someone used those blank price label type stickers on the back of the eyes I think. They're semitransparent so they diffuse the light better.You could probably use tissue paper or a semi transparent tape as well.

Edit- I think they used black tape to make the eyes seem smaller, then used the white label .

I used semi transparent tape. It helps hiding the led bulb behind. It's pretty neat.

Always get a kick out of your reviews :lol :hi5: Always some great poses too :clap

You said everything I've been thinking all day while soaking this guy in . HT's is finally thinking and it's great to see them take such big steps forward in improving the quality and functionality of an IM fig. Shoulder articulation is better; head can finally get into flight position; a huge design improvement in the placement of the head LED, batteries and switch; repulsor hands and hand guards; tight fittings on all the swap out parts; nowhere near as rattley as the previous figs.... and so on. Great innovation and a GIANT leap forward in both quality and functionality.

My only real nit at this point is the Stark sculpt. I hate to beat a dead horse but that's such a disappointment to me. I wasn't a fan of the smirk but I was really hoping for the level of likeness that we saw in the promos. HT sometimes loses a few points in the sculpt from promo to production but it's usually not this drastic. Sometimes they even improve from the proto like Thor, DX10, Hulk, etc. What they sent out is a night and day disparity from what we were first shown. Shame on HT; whole set nailed but sculpt failed :ohbfrank:

Well…. the team is finally together :rock. WIP current set up. Still tweaking things and have to button up loose ends (like Thor’s chainmail poking out by his underarm)

Back