Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who is that chick? (and please, no one say catwoman lol)

Her name is Bianca Beauchamp. She's a full-reveal Canadian glamour model, who likes working with latex. She's cool to see because you can tell she's a positive person, who simply enjoys celebrating her form, like an athlete. She has fun with her image, indulging deviantART-style shoots every now and then.

1.jpg

9.jpg

I find it ironic that we ended up talking about a model who dressed up as Burton's DC movie universe's Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman in a MCU Iron Man Mark VII figure thread, of all places...:slap

My Mark VI is waiting for its bouncing bada$$ baby brother...

I got the spare chest panel sanded and painted today(It was just a test to make sure the surface was smooth enough for moulding).
Here are the pics.
Last pic is my sandpaper selection. I have to spend 3-5 minutes wet-sanding the surface with each grade all the way up to 2500 to ensure a glass smooth finish.

IMG_3685.jpg~original

IMG_3692.jpg~original

IMG_3686.jpg~original

IMG_3694.jpg~original

IMG_3693.jpg~original

IMG_3690.jpg~original

How do the colors match in person?

I experimented a little.
It looks better if i paint from the inside of a piece of clear(And view from the other side). And that's what will be happening with the final piece anyway.
I have a line on a colour from the Porsche Catalogue that may be closer(But i fear it will not be available in a rattle-can, lol).
It's just hard to nail down the exact colour.
I may need to go to a body repair shop and get an amount mixed up.
More news as i get it.

I got the spare chest panel sanded and painted today(It was just a test to make sure the surface was smooth enough for moulding).
Here are the pics.
Last pic is my sandpaper selection. I have to spend 3-5 minutes wet-sanding the surface with each grade all the way up to 2500 to ensure a glass smooth finish.

IMG_3685.jpg~original

IMG_3692.jpg~original

IMG_3686.jpg~original

IMG_3694.jpg~original

IMG_3693.jpg~original

IMG_3690.jpg~original

looks good so far.

Have you tried finding a candy apple red? That will give the metallic sheen look the stock part has, and then back it with a dark grey or black primer. That should darken it to help get the right tone of red.

Just shooting some ideas out.

Could always take the original chest piece to an automotive paint shop and get them to match it. They should be able to supply it in a spray can

looks good so far.

Have you tried finding a candy apple red? That will give the metallic sheen look the stock part has, and then back it with a dark grey or black primer. That should darken it to help get the right tone of red.

Just shooting some ideas out.

Thanks a lot.
At this stage, any ideas are good ones.

Could always take the original chest piece to an automotive paint shop and get them to match it. They should be able to supply it in a spray can

I was thinking the same thing. If all else fails, i will do that.

Or, try this post from the Iron Man fading panties thread. Seems like the perfect color match.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5687534&postcount=315

Yes!!!! I have ordered a couple of bottles of the Gaia clear red from Hong Kong.
I am hoping to get all moulding made tomorrow, then i will need to drill the moulds and take it to the vacforming place locally and leave it with them for reproduction.
If that gaia thing works, it will really solve my problems on this one.
I really want a MKVII with a triangular RT.
I had observed to someone else tonight that the colour on the MKVII parts is more like a clear red over silver. And that was just through my own reasoning.
I recall reading about the pink panty syndrome not being from a figure standing in the sun, but being left in the box too long. The specific paint on the rubber groin not being able to shed it's plastic fumes over time, literally eating itself away in the packaging.
So all those people who have a MKVI or MKIV in a sealed shipper need to start worrying...

The eyes and mouth fall under the category for me of "things most people myself included would never notice without it being pointed out by someone else via the use of many comparison photos".

Back