Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am on the fence about Pre ordering this I want to know some input about posing on ironman figures of this size. I'm usually the guy that buys 3&3/4 figures and marvel legends 6in size figures. I have the dx13 on preorder and I recently got the bug to collect 1/6th scale figures. Also considering the new scar pred and the dx11

I am on the fence about Pre ordering this I want to know some input about posing on ironman figures of this size. I'm usually the guy that buys 3&3/4 figures and marvel legends 6in size figures. I have the dx13 on preorder and I recently got the bug to collect 1/6th scale figures. Also considering the new scar pred and the dx11
Like any 1/6 scale figure, you're not going to have the freedom of posing that you get compared to 6" figures. Granted, you can probably achieved certain poses you want but you simply need to know the limit to prevent any damages. You can do some nice poses with Iron Man figures depending on what you're looking to achieve.

Should look into some picture reviews on this forum and around the net.

how often do u guys change the poses of yr figures? ive preordered this one. It will be my first IM figure

I put my recent ones on my desks and i'll pose them (fitz with them) alot at first then it slowly turns into ah ha moment to the pose i really like then it stays like that for awhile, but i'd say on average once every week or other week,pending on how new it is.

my first iron man figure was the mark II armor unleashed the detail was astounding but sadly couldn't perform this pose:gah:, and correct me if im wrong none of them "really" achieve this awesome pose.

new-iron-man-granov-punch-sm.jpg

but theres still a alot of other good poses that come out of it - :hi5:

my first iron man figure was the mark II armor unleashed the detail was astounding but sadly couldn't perform this pose:gah:, and correct me if im wrong none of them "really" achieve this awesome pose.

This pose is possible, but you really need to position the figure right. I have achieved an even deeper stance with all mine IM's before. :lecture

You can still do some nice poses. Not impossible, just a matter of handling it carefully.
IM_Pch2.jpg

IM_Act.jpg

Of all the Avengers, this is my most anticipated figure. I don't have any of the other IM's, so it will be completely new for me. I've always thought they were so freaking awesome.

I only have the IM2 Mark VI and I am very impressed. I love the BD detail and the BD arm. I was so impressed that I got a Tony HS with shades for it. I was on the fence before on the Mark VII, but I finally PO it recently and have been eagerly waiting since. I think this will be awesome.

Last edited:
I put my recent ones on my desks and i'll pose them (fitz with them) alot at first then it slowly turns into ah ha moment to the pose i really like then it stays like that for awhile, but i'd say on average once every week or other week,pending on how new it is.

right ok so changing poses all the time wont damage them as long as yr careful :dunno

Being careful is key. Some people break their figures right away and blame hot toys. I've had a variety of hot toys figures and posed the hell out of them for video reviews and just displaying. Never broke a single thing other than the glue on a Captain America shield strap coming unglued. If you handle them like they are $200 toys instead if Marvel Legends you'll be just fine.

mark II unleashed is AMAZINGLY sturdy. Mine fell from its shelf, fell 8 feet to the hardwood floor... and all that happend was the leg popped off its balljoint.

put it back on, good as new.

Part of it is it's also the lightest of any of the Iron Man figures. That certainly helps with shelf dives and the flying stands.

mark II unleashed is AMAZINGLY sturdy. Mine fell from its shelf, fell 8 feet to the hardwood floor... and all that happend was the leg popped off its balljoint.

put it back on, good as new.

your lucky, mine fell 4 feet onto carpet and the slide out armor (which was open atm) for the missle broke off. then again it was my dumb fault for putting him next to a wired headset, reached it in a hurry to answer a call and iron man literally went flying,phewwwwwww kurplunk, 14 or so figures later no real issues :)

i have a feeling this fig comes out the same time the play imaginative version released as well, who knows

Back