Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does this compare to the Medicom RAH Figure?

I would try to read through this thread but at 231 pages of 40 posts it would tae forever.

I would try to read through this thread but at 231 pages of 40 posts it would tae forever.

Both have there Pros and Cons but personally I would go with the Hot Toys version. I love mine a lot. As long as you're careful posing the figure everything should be good.

Both have there Pros and Cons but personally I would go with the Hot Toys version. I love mine a lot. As long as you're careful posing the figure everything should be good.

I think it depends on which batch you get when it comes to the shoulder issues. The first released figures had all sorts of shoulder issues. I suggest buying this figure from sideshow. I have posed and flexed the crap out of this figure and it's all good. Awesome fig, I've decided to keep this one and pass on the newer one. No need for a upgrade

In short Medicom has the better looking body and Hot toys has the better looking costume. In a perfect world if you could take the hot toys costume and put it on the Medicom body and shorten the ankles you'd have the perfect amazing Spiderman figure.

So it's really a question of would you rather have a more accurate looking costume or more accurate body proportions?

Yes, they did.

Good luck!

Just received my replacement body yesterday.

Have checked all the joints and well... the same shoulder, although does not have the same problem as before, still feels a little fragile/loose. It is still not as tight as the other shoulder. It can move as far as I want for now and can hold its position, but I'm afraid it will break if I'm not careful. :-/ Hmmm...

Should I email BBTS again? :-/

Just received my replacement body yesterday.

Have checked all the joints and well... the same shoulder, although does not have the same problem as before, still feels a little fragile/loose. It is still not as tight as the other shoulder. It can move as far as I want for now and can hold its position, but I'm afraid it will break if I'm not careful. :-/ Hmmm...

Should I email BBTS again? :-/
no, i wouldnt email them unless its broken
just take care when moving the shoulders, brace the shoulder bracket to ensure no breakage

Curious, is there a particular upc that would clue a guy in on whether one of these were in the first batch or second? Or some other indicator?

After seeing the new Amazing Spider-man 2 figure pics, I seriously planning to sell this guy but...

SpideyFacepal2.jpg
Wow ! Wait a minute bro ! You bought me few month ago, you loved me so much and now what ?

SpideyFacepal.jpg
No way, this guy must be kidding... Not funny, not funny at all...

SpideyFacepal3.jpg
Ok, do it ! Do it and you'll see what will happen to you !

SpideyFacepal4.jpg
Let's go ! Come on guy ! Try to sell me and you'll taste my spider-sense !

Well... I have to admit he's really cool, maybe I'll just get the new one and keep this one. :D

(Seriously, I really don't know what to do, the new AMS 2 suit looks really cool.)

When I finally get a Spidey, it'll be this one. I'm just not impressed with the ASM2 version... looks cheap.

Anyone have a pic of him next to Thor or Cap?

I'll keep mine I liked this suit but now that the new suit came out looking damn near perfect that will be my definitive spiderman figure until I see what sideshow looks like.

Back