Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found these thought they were cool.
Was gonna wait for ASM2, BUT THIS IS DIFFERENT ENOUGH. And it's pulling on me. (can get it for 112 with rp's)

1545549_592477314164494_113408380_n.jpg

The-Amazing-Spider-Man-16-di-Hot-Toys-5.jpg

sp_zps4725f8c6.jpg
The-Amazing-Spider-Man-16-di-Hot-Toys-29-573x800.jpg
ASM4psd.jpg

Last edited:
So I got my Amazing Spider-Man from EBay today and it has the additional instruction sheet warning about lifting the arms more than 80 degrees; so do I have anything to worry about? Is his arm going to break off if I try moving them too much?

So I got my Amazing Spider-Man from EBay today and it has the additional instruction sheet warning about lifting the arms more than 80 degrees; so do I have anything to worry about? Is his arm going to break off if I try moving them too much?

No way to tell as far as I know, best way to avoid the defective batch as I understand it is by purchasing from a major US dealer like sideshow, BBTS, alterego or the like. With Ebay there's no way of really knowing where it came from:dunno

The seller was from the US so I'm hoping he got it from Sideshow since he shipped it to me in it's original brown mailer.

Just got my ASM in today and I am so glad I pulled the trigger on this figure. Knowing how nice it is in hand, I would have been disappointed if I passed entirely. The suit is very nice and colorful in hand; the quality is amazing. The Andrew Garfield sculpt is way better in-hand than in photos. Photos do it no justice at all and it looks really good on the figure itself.

My only complaints are that the hands are way too over-sized for the body proportions, but this isn't anything new with HT as their hands all seem this way with most figures and the suit bunches up in the armpits more than I would like it to do.

If you are on the fence with this figure, it is definitely picking up if you can get a good deal on one. I paid $180 shipped for mine and am one happy customer.

Just got my ASM in today and I am so glad I pulled the trigger on this figure. Knowing how nice it is in hand, I would have been disappointed if I passed entirely. The suit is very nice and colorful in hand; the quality is amazing. The Andrew Garfield sculpt is way better in-hand than in photos. Photos do it no justice at all and it looks really good on the figure itself.

My only complaints are that the hands are way too over-sized for the body proportions, but this isn't anything new with HT as their hands all seem this way with most figures and the suit bunches up in the armpits more than I would like it to do.

If you are on the fence with this figure, it is definitely picking up if you can get a good deal on one. I paid $180 shipped for mine and am one happy customer.

:goodpost: Glad to hear your happy with it, I think the sad thing is a lot of people have passed due to all the bad press this figure received out of the gate, it really is a super impressive piece and I to am very pleased with it.

:goodpost: Glad to hear your happy with it, I think the sad thing is a lot of people have passed due to all the bad press this figure received out of the gate, it really is a super impressive piece and I to am very pleased with it.

:exactly: I think people should get this figure if they are on the fence. The suit is amazing.

I pre ordered this figure then once the issues came up I quickly canceled. To me it was a quick waste of 200 bucks. Then it was delayed and finally released after the shoulder issues was fixed so I grabbed one here well below retail and I'm very pleased with this figure and glad I bought. So yea if you are on the fence I sugguest picking this up while its still up on Ssc. Or if you could get one opened at a fair price

I passed on this piece at first because of the issues, and I fully supported what clipper was doing, then I passed after the fix because the ASM 2 suit will be better, and hopefully wont break either

No issues with mine and its a great figure! If you like Spidey, I'd say take the plunge or you'll be missing out! :wave

Bought this figure, I loved the suit but as many people have stated you cannot keep him in a dramatic pose not even for a full 24 hours I had one knee bent in a swinging pose. Yesterday I went back to put him in a museum pose and his suit was stretched out and I have a one complete leg completely flushed against, one knee with a crinkle of fabric. Super sad may a hair dryer or another small heater.

No issues with mine and its a great figure! If you like Spidey, I'd say take the plunge or you'll be missing out! :wave

Bought this figure, I loved the suit but as many people have stated you cannot keep him in a dramatic pose not even for a full 24 hours I had one knee bent in a swinging pose. Yesterday I went back to put him in a museum pose and his suit was stretched out and I have a one complete leg completely flushed against, one knee with a crinkle of fabric. Super sad may a hair dryer or another small heater.

Nah .. im good :lol

Back