Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm never did like the eyes of the older suit. To triangular, the ASM was a bit rounder and the new ASM2 suit just nailed it.

Thanks for posting your review with comparison, Skull. I like the looks of the Spider-Man 3 figure a bit more. It looks more like classic Spidey and that's a good thing to me. The Spider-Man trilogy also has special meaning to me, because in my eyes it was the first time superhero movies were done right. At least for the first two movies. :lol

I seriously hope we get an Amazing Spider-Man 2 figure from Hot Toys. That new suit looks absolutely perfect.

Thanks for posting your review with comparison, Skull. I like the looks of the Spider-Man 3 figure a bit more. It looks more like classic Spidey and that's a good thing to me. The Spider-Man trilogy also has special meaning to me, because in my eyes it was the first time superhero movies were done right. At least for the first two movies. :lol

I seriously hope we get an Amazing Spider-Man 2 figure from Hot Toys. That new suit looks absolutely perfect.

No problemo:wink1:

I prefer the tobey as parker overall myself but I'm willing to accept Garfield as taking the series going forward, to me Tobey looks like the classic parker with his hair parted on side look and all, I get there new direction with modernizing Peter in the new movie, but he comes across a more of a regular teen then a nerd, skater punk really. That said I too am really looking forward to the ASM2 movie and figure, hopefully we will also get a villain or two to go along with spidey this time around from Hot Toys.

I've almost ordered this figure so many times but between the issues we've all heard about and the new film close and probably a new figure with it not sure whether to wait or not. I don't mind the look of this suit even if it's not the classic style.

Some fun with my detolf lighting

spidermanlighttrick013_zpsc92600d8.jpg

spidermanlighttrick011_zps9dc9be72.jpg

spidermanlighttrick009_zpsbce97e09.jpg

spidermanlighttrick007_zpsbb863695.jpg

I see what you mean by that reflection on the spider. Looks cool.

I've almost ordered this figure so many times but between the issues we've all heard about and the new film close and probably a new figure with it not sure whether to wait or not. I don't mind the look of this suit even if it's not the classic style.

This figure is going to be a cool one-off suit to display as the ASM2 suit has similarities of the previous Spider-Man film series.

Is there a reason Sideshow doesn't offer the $10 flat shipping rate on this figure? It seems to apply to most other Hot Toys figures but this one.

Is there a reason Sideshow doesn't offer the $10 flat shipping rate on this figure? It seems to apply to most other Hot Toys figures but this one.

Making an extra buck. :lecture

On a personal note, I really like the Garfield sculpt much more than I thought I would.

12829026474_08ddedf0e4_c.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah the head sculpt on this is decent I've thought since I saw the in hand pictures. My only gripe about it is that I sort of wish the battle damage to his face either wasn't there or that we would have gotten a fully damaged Spidey figure. I think if I decide to get this eventually I'll display it with the Garfield head sculpt. Then if I get the figure from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 as well that will be the one I'll display with the full masked look.

Yeah the head sculpt on this is decent I've thought since I saw the in hand pictures. My only gripe about it is that I sort of wish the battle damage to his face either wasn't there or that we would have gotten a fully damaged Spidey figure. I think if I decide to get this eventually I'll display it with the Garfield head sculpt. Then if I get the figure from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 as well that will be the one I'll display with the full masked look.

:exactly: My friends and I had this discussion a couple times.

The scratches are a major flaw. Had HT made a Lizard to accompany him, it would have made more sense. Without.... WTH?

Back