Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my replacement Spidey from Popcultcha last night, and thankfully the shoulders are not broken on this one. Both feel firm, but I dont think I'll risk moving them around too much. Now I still got the little instruction sheet indicating not to life the arms above 80 degrees. I thought people initially said that if you got that sheet, you had the old batch with dodgy shoulders, and the new batch does not include the little instruction sheet. But then I heard people who were sure they had the new batch were still getting the instruction sheet.

So is the instruction sheet an indication of which batch you got and the quality of your shoulders, or is that just a myth?

I believe it is a myth myself. I don't have any shoulder issues with mine and I still got the instruction sheet.

Decided to repost these. This is a great figure despite the QC complaints it initially received. Luckily, I've had no issues myself.

THE AMAZING SPIDER MAN

Amazing%2520Spider%2520Man%2520356.JPG

Amazing%2520Spider%2520Man%2520077.JPG

Amazing%2520Spider%2520Man%2520081.JPG

Amazing%2520Spider%2520Man%2520126.JPG

Amazing%2520Spider%2520Man%2520129.JPG

Amazing%2520Spider%2520Man%2520330.JPG

Amazing%2520Spider%2520Man%2520225.JPG

Amazing%2520Spider%2520Man%2520294.JPG

Amazing%2520Spider%2520Man%2520307.JPG

Amazing%2520Spider%2520Man%2520402.JPG

FULL GALLERY:

https://picasaweb.google.com/VikingSpawn/THEAMAZINGSPIDERMAN

Not a bad pose to steal 5x10 came out nice, and sweet crisp pics Viking. Great figure overall mine hasn't given me problems either.

Here's the latest video up on the Kool Kollectibles youtube channel! This time it's the full review of the Hot Toys Amazing Spiderman figure.

I filmed this the day I got the initial broken figure with the shoulder issue, and have added to the end an update on the replacement figure. Also have a linked annotation in the video to the short vid showing more of the broken shoulder.

So hope you can check it out, subscribe, like, and comment with your thoughts! :)

Just a quick question for those of you who have the figure. Is it even remotely possible to pose the figure similar to the graphic on the front of the box? I would love to get him into that stance and then use one of the dynamic stands to hold him up.

I got it to resemble that pose once, but it's not possible to get it exactly in that pose, you can get pretty close though. If you look at it from the right angle it sort of looks correct.

I keep almost pulling the trigger on this figure but think that ultimately I'll wait. After hearing about the shoulder issues and seeing how much more improved the costume is for ASM2 (in my opinion) I find myself very hesitant to pick this one up. Hopefully Hot Toys will make a new figure for the second movie. Not sure how likely or soon that will be since they're still trying to sell this Spider-Man. Don't think they'll want to undercut their own sales.

Bought Spidey off FullMetalHippie to help him out with some problems. Pretty good overall, not sure if he has the shoulders (he has the instruction sheet with the warning but is overall fine with the shoulders) problems but I really love him. As my second Hot Toys, he's a beaut. I feel the suit restricts him a tad though but that in mind it's impressive. Never had a figure that had fully cloth clothes, so he is for now unique in my collection

4DiEwuyl.jpg

Hello folks, i am a spanish guy. First of all, sorry for my bad english.

I write here because i have a problem and it would be great to receive help to solve it if you are so kind. I want to purchase this figure but i know that some serious quality issues affect the elbow´s durability of the figure. It is said that Hot Toys has fixed the problem with a second batch of this release.

The question is, ¿How can i know if mi future purchase has the infamous elbow´s problem fixed or not? Is there any notice or something like that inside or outside the box giving us information about this? Thanks in advance.

Hello folks, i am a spanish guy. First of all, sorry for my bad english.

I write here because i have a problem and it would be great to receive help to solve it if you are so kind. I want to purchase this figure but i know that some serious quality issues affect the elbow´s durability of the figure. It is said that Hot Toys has fixed the problem with a second batch of this release.

The question is, ¿How can i know if mi future purchase has the infamous elbow´s problem fixed or not? Is there any notice or something like that inside or outside the box giving us information about this? Thanks in advance.

It's fragile shoulders (not elbows).... there's however no clear indicators which one would fail..... I've 4 bodies so far.... none have failed

Elbows...:slap:slap yes, i wanted to say shoulders. So, there isn´t a way to previously know if a ramdom purchase is from the right batch or not. Fingers crossed, meh.

Thank you very much for your help.

Thanks for making it sound like I'm destitute man. I wouldn't call a mortgage a problem but thanks all the same for buying him.
Hey you know what I mean! :lol That and mortgage has been a big issue for me at times honestly but my bad. I need to take more shots of him in particular.

Oscorp those are AMAZING shots. Great work

Back