Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just pulled the trigger and bought this. I tried holding off for the asm2 version but all the good pictures and feedback in this thread was enough to seel the deal. Who knows how the next version will turn out, ht normally improves on each release but every so often they take a step backwards. If the new one is that much better to me I can always sell this one. Besides the two costumes are different enough where having two spidermans may not be a problem for me.

Thanks again for all the feedback and pictures on this figure.

Hey that is cool. I'm still not sure if I should get this guy or not? Zods my next biggie and with ASM2 coming out I don't know if I should wait for the new suit. Hmmm

He does look good too. Aargh!

Bri

Grabbed this figure tonight. Really pretty cool but a bit overpriced. I'm a sucker for accessories and obviously Spiderman doesn't come with much. I know it's not accurate but I'm really looking for a Spiderman 3 Sandman base to display him on.

Like many of you guys, I had planned on holding off for the ASM2 version. But each time I look at this topic, I'm increasingly tempted to order this figure!

Like many of you guys, I had planned on holding off for the ASM2 version. But each time I look at this topic, I'm increasingly tempted to order this figure!

same here, I know that if I buy this I will regret it because I know I will also buy ASM2 when it comes out, just ned to have a lot of patience because at some point I will give in, I am a free shipping away from sideshow from getting this. :rotfl

I'm sure I could go through hundreds of posts until I found it but could someone verify my thinking on the shoulders?

So you can pose the shoulders but some are popping out? Or are they just breaking?

I have a shot at one of these at a great price but I only want him if I can get pretty dynamic with the pose. I wouldn't be happy if he's standing there with a museum pose.

I'm sure I could go through hundreds of posts until I found it but could someone verify my thinking on the shoulders?

So you can pose the shoulders but some are popping out? Or are they just breaking?

I have a shot at one of these at a great price but I only want him if I can get pretty dynamic with the pose. I wouldn't be happy if he's standing there with a museum pose.

Shoulders are breaking on some...

It's pretty much hit or miss with this figure.. If you can pick one up for a solid price I'd say grab one, I paid 160 for mine on this board and no issues so far. I don't know which one I have but just be careful when posing. I do whatever I can think of

My figure's shoulders are currently good, but raising the arms up and back is a little harder than I'd like. Maybe if I moved them around some more they'd loosen up, but I don't want to move them around so much in case mine has bad shoulders.

My figure's shoulders are currently good, but raising the arms up and back is a little harder than I'd like. Maybe if I moved them around some more they'd loosen up, but I don't want to move them around so much in case mine has bad shoulders.
it really amounts to tight shoulders, with weak bracing

Got my replacement Spidey from Popcultcha last night, and thankfully the shoulders are not broken on this one. Both feel firm, but I dont think I'll risk moving them around too much. Now I still got the little instruction sheet indicating not to life the arms above 80 degrees. I thought people initially said that if you got that sheet, you had the old batch with dodgy shoulders, and the new batch does not include the little instruction sheet. But then I heard people who were sure they had the new batch were still getting the instruction sheet.

So is the instruction sheet an indication of which batch you got and the quality of your shoulders, or is that just a myth?

This is probably as dynamic as I'm willing to go tonight!! Maybe I'll get a bit more adventurous this weekend :)

But I have a feeling I might just be leaving him like this! Doesn't get much more museum that this right!! LOL!! :)

Still want to pick up this figure but I want to have him in a nice pose. Don't wait to display him in a Museum Pose at all. May use some reward points to get this cheap. I'll think about it.

Got my replacement Spidey from Popcultcha last night, and thankfully the shoulders are not broken on this one. Both feel firm, but I dont think I'll risk moving them around too much. Now I still got the little instruction sheet indicating not to life the arms above 80 degrees. I thought people initially said that if you got that sheet, you had the old batch with dodgy shoulders, and the new batch does not include the little instruction sheet. But then I heard people who were sure they had the new batch were still getting the instruction sheet.

So is the instruction sheet an indication of which batch you got and the quality of your shoulders, or is that just a myth?

I'd like to know the answer to this too since I just won one off EBay.

Back